Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 03-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
DareByrd
getDare Sweetheart

Default just a question

im new to the site an i was wondering what the little green bars below everybodies names are???
DareByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Auctly I'm defeently not new and I have no Idea... They probly are reputation points or like how know or active you are...
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Glutgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:50 PM   #3
depp
SysOp

The green things represent reputation points. Users start out with 10 reputation points by default. You get points when other users give your posts positive reputation. It's that scale icon every post has.

Reputation is all done anonymously to encourage users to be honest in their ratings and comments. Give reputation to posts you like! You don't loose points when you give reputation but the number of points the other user gains is based on your reputation, registration date, and number of posts.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
cheesy dude
Distinguished Member

wow didnt know that reputation was based on how good the giver is. Well thats quite cool. just out of intrest depp whats the best reputation you can get? what does it look like when you have 100?
cheesy dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
depp
SysOp

It never ends. The bar will reset and you will get a star. You can just keep getting stars forever. If reputation were more used however I would most likely make it harder to get green boxes and stars.

Don't forget you can also take away reputation. It's just harder and requires that you are highly ranked by the system.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
cheesy dude
Distinguished Member

meanie.... well i think reputation its a great idea, just makes me wonder why yours is disabled? lol sounds pretty damn cool... you scared no one will give you any? you could just give yourself a million or somthing lol.

(addmittedly it would take a few weeks to get you backdown to 0 again lol all that negative rep you and your spam posts would get :P) hehe
Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #7
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Wow does that mean I have lots of power? By the way if I do give reputation to some one kets say I give it to them again, do they get less reputation then before.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Old 03-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #8
cheesy dude
Distinguished Member

i think the reputation is consistant nomatter how many times you give it, but as you will of noticed you have to 'spread rep around before giving it to that user again' lol.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
DareByrd
getDare Sweetheart

thanks Depp...guess i had a good question.
DareByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #10
Musty 21
getDare Devil

Send a message via ICQ to Musty 21 Send a message via AIM to Musty 21 Send a message via MSN to Musty 21 Send a message via Yahoo to Musty 21

if someone says ur post was "bad" does it take off points?
Sunday, Septermber 07, 2008 at 7:55p.m. Musty21 achieved 1,000 posts.

Click here to see it!
Musty 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #11
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Yea but like depp said its harder and requiers you to be higher ranked.

Advertisements
Kink Talk