Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #31
Anjelen
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Anjelen Send a message via Yahoo to Anjelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
You won't give out negativity to a young child. It would discourage them. It would just be downright rude if a young child said something but then someone else was not giving positive reinforcement for it. You can agree, right?

So, it is not different with people of any age.

My sister reads at church from time to time. She is not bad but still needs some work.

Here is mom (which is exactly like some of you): You need to talk louder. You need to talk just a little slower.

My dad: You did a fine job.

So, there. Negative reinforcement. And positive reinforcement.
Actually, "You need to talk a little louder. and a little slower", for any kind of public speaking would be constructive criticism, whereas "You did a fine job." to someone who didn't - where the general consensus is that they need to speak differently - would be negative reinforcement.

Context and point of view, Loke

Seriously though - If we were on GetDare to be 'scored', we'd just go back to school, né?

* How to not be a Dumbinant *
* Here's your chance to ask me anything! *

"It's better to try and fail than to fail to try."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Nunc Intellego --
Old 07-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #32
Stix
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelen View Post
Seriously though - If we were on GetDare to be 'scored', we'd just go back to school, né?
Yeah I agree...I don't think there's any need to "Judge" people's threads and posts...We're all mature enough to know that it doesn't need to work like that
Old 07-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #33
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

These threads get so ridiculous sometimes, I swear .....

Anywho, thanking is a good thing, and it is done if something is a worthy of it, not to put other people down. If you're upset that your post didn't get thanked, then thats just wrong. You shouldn't just be posting because you want to be thanked, to boost your ego, it should be to have your opinion out there and discuss it, or to share a wonderful idea.

As for the slightly related topic (?) of negativity, this is the real world, for the most part anyway. People are not required to be polite, and negativity is a part of life. We are no longer little children, you don't need your hand held any longer. If you cannot take a little criticism, then you aren't going to make it in the real world. Besides, being told you can't do something, having someone being negative to you, should become something that motivates you in life to be better than you are, to improve yourself.

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
Old 07-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #34
Stix
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
These threads get so ridiculous sometimes, I swear .....

Anywho, thanking is a good thing, and it is done if something is a worthy of it, not to put other people down. If you're upset that your post didn't get thanked, then thats just wrong. You shouldn't just be posting because you want to be thanked, to boost your ego, it should be to have your opinion out there and discuss it, or to share a wonderful idea.

As for the slightly related topic (?) of negativity, this is the real world, for the most part anyway. People are not required to be polite, and negativity is a part of life. We are no longer little children, you don't need your hand held any longer. If you cannot take a little criticism, then you aren't going to make it in the real world. Besides, being told you can't do something, having someone being negative to you, should become something that motivates you in life to be better than you are, to improve yourself.
Yeah! and.......oh no wait you pretty much hit the nail right on the head there
Old 07-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #35
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

This isn't rep by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a good way for users who put a little hard work into their thread to get recognized by other users. Even if it doesn't get thanked, as long as your happy, isn't that good enough? Majority of my posts and blogs, I state I could care less what others think. As long as your proud of your thought, that really is all you should need.

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Old 07-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #36
AlanWins

Why does it matter. Not many threads get thanked anyway so its not as if your left out for not getting a Thanks!
Old 07-31-2010, 08:52 PM   #37
lokelake
getDare Succubus

I think I proved my point and how right I am,

A mod can lock this now.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:56 PM   #38
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
I think I proved EVERYONE ELSES point and how WRONG I am,
I fixed your post for you Loke.