Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 02-08-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
twotothetenth
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to twotothetenth
Default Ad titles

I have three suggestions for titles of ads in Slave/Master Area.

1) I think there should be more options under 'what sex are you' and 'What should the other person's sex be?'. There's a lot of gender-queer folks here and I don't think male/female distinction cuts it. If someone is/is looking for, say, a trans male, checking either option means there will be plenty of people who will be losing their time while checking it. And those who look for gender queer ads now have to open all the threads just to find the few that are for them.

2) Ability to check more than one option in 'What little extra would you like people to know at a glance?' What if I want someone who has a webcam, likes pain and is very strict?

3) Get rid of "serious replies only". Everyone wants serious replies only. Or has anyone ever said "Jeez, I could use a shitload of idiots PM my inbox with their bullshit"?
and "no limits"? Are you kidding me?

Looking for a sub

Teased and denied by girls since May 7

Likes: masturbation/orgasm control and denial, occasional anal, some pain (especially spanking, nipple torture), light bondage, exercise
Dislikes/punishments: more pain (esp cbt, toothpaste) , lines, corner time
Limits: public, pics/cam, involving other people, all the usual stuff and probably a lot of other shit
Toys: chastity cage, vibrator, prostate massager
PM Dares
twotothetenth is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 users say Thank You to twotothetenth for this post:
Old 02-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
J.M.N
Getdare's Head Whore

In my opinion there isn't really much need to change the existing title system. I'll try to answer each point seperately but there may be some overlap

1.For the genders, if the user really isn't comfortable saying they are either male or female then i'm sure any member or the moderating team will be happy to edit the title of the thread to something like "Trans- male to female" or something like that (that is totally off the top of my head).

2.The title should only be an overview of what you want. I know I personally wouldn't want a Dom/sub applying to me with just a glance at the title, ticking any of the options would therefore be true. You can then proceed to tell the readers about all the things you like (For this I would normally recommend putting something like "chat slave" or "webcam required" as this is probably the biggest factor for some people).

3.There are some ads out there which...aren't the most serious of things but I don't see a real need to get rid of this option, just don't pick it. And for "no limits", it shows people the kind of slave or master they are really...

Hope this answers most of your questions .

[20:16:43] Jameser: ‹@J.M.N› don't worry you're definitely one of the lads here

[22:05:21] 1Pupil: Best moderator of getDare to me

One day when the light is glowing
I’ll be in my castle golden
But until the gates are open
I just wanna feel this moment

"Bdsm. That's were u get spanked!"

I love weiners and nuts.

"JMN is the one that most the tweenagers want to see in a kilt"
J.M.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
twotothetenth
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to twotothetenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.N View Post
1.For the genders, if the user really isn't comfortable saying they are either male or female then i'm sure any member or the moderating team will be happy to edit the title of the thread to something like "Trans- male to female" or something like that (that is totally off the top of my head).
Why create more work for mods if the users can do it themselves? It's not like this (or the other suggestions) would be hard to implement or anything.

That's assuming the mods can alter those titles manually, which might or might not be true, but probably is.
edit: disregard that sentence, I didn't realize I was talking to a mod.

Quote:
2.The title should only be an overview of what you want. I know I personally wouldn't want a Dom/sub applying to me with just a glance at the title, ticking any of the options would therefore be true. You can then proceed to tell the readers about all the things you like (For this I would normally recommend putting something like "chat slave" or "webcam required" as this is probably the biggest factor for some people).
Actually, the first draft of my first post suggested that it might be a good idea to get rid of this part of title at all, since all these things should be written in the ad. But then I realized the function is not there to help people choose ads they'll reply to, it's there to help them weed out those they won't reply to. "Hm, just a chat slave? Not for me, no need to click that."

I don't see any compelling argument for limiting the number of options ticked to one, other than "the title would get too long". Either the feature is useless, so we should get rid of it, or it's not and we should be able to use it to its full potential.

Quote:
3.There are some ads out there which...aren't the most serious of things but I don't see a real need to get rid of this option, just don't pick it. And for "no limits", it shows people the kind of slave or master they are really...
So the 'no limits' tag is an 'I'm an idiot' tag in disguise? I don't know who thought of that, but I like that

Looking for a sub

Teased and denied by girls since May 7

Likes: masturbation/orgasm control and denial, occasional anal, some pain (especially spanking, nipple torture), light bondage, exercise
Dislikes/punishments: more pain (esp cbt, toothpaste) , lines, corner time
Limits: public, pics/cam, involving other people, all the usual stuff and probably a lot of other shit
Toys: chastity cage, vibrator, prostate massager
PM Dares

Last edited by twotothetenth; 02-08-2014 at 02:06 PM.
twotothetenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
Happy Me

Default My 2 cents.

I am in agreement about some of this, and as a very avid user of that part of the site have spent a lot of time thinking about it.

I do think that the gender options should be more fluid, I don't know that most people know you can message a mod about changing the title (it sure doesn't look like it when you browse that section, for sure), and I am always about creating spaces that are inclusive for gender minorities.

I also think maybe the add on options (no limits, serious replies only etc.) should be changed to a character limited fill-in-the-blank type field where you can write whatever you want. I think this because you could easily filter out a lot more people without ever clicking on the ad, because it would make it more apparent who is an idiot, and who is not, by what they chose to put in that field. It would also give people an opportunity to tell you if it is one of those super targeted kink ads, like "crossdressing" or "foot fetish" or you know, "I am an idiot", so people looking for a crossdressing male sub would know that ad is likely something they might be interested in, and other people the opportunity to skip over them. It would also give people an opportunity to make the good ads stand out because they would ideally think of something that is more creative and interesting.

Annndddd... the fill-in-the-blank field could do all of this without making the title any longer (just limit the characters to something reasonable), and without creating an extensive/exhaustive list of possible replies in that field!

No doubt some people would just write "READ ME!" or something like that, but to me that is a good thing, there are so many ads posted every day, and I would love to be able to more easily filter the ones that I click on and read.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
deswill

I think apart from the age which should be compulsory in the ad description the rest of the ad header should be a empty box that the ad maker can write his or her own quick description (around 8 words) of what they are looking for.

I personally find when i look down the ads they are boring as they all say the thing instead of something different that will catch others attention.

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=183098

Last edited by deswill; 04-15-2014 at 04:15 AM.
deswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:18 AM   #6
Kitten
The One & Only

Also, maybe change "Master" to "Dominant" to include both genders?
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #7
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

If you want to cheat, simply fill the title out best you can and post your ad - then on the forum list of threads, double click by your title and you have the option to free-edit it. (There's a time limit though before the thread title will be 'fixed'.)
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #8
Mr-Lover-Lover

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotothetenth View Post
I have three suggestions for titles of ads in Slave/Master Area.

1) I think there should be more options under 'what sex are you' and 'What should the other person's sex be?'. There's a lot of gender-queer folks here and I don't think male/female distinction cuts it. If someone is/is looking for, say, a trans male, checking either option means there will be plenty of people who will be losing their time while checking it. And those who look for gender queer ads now have to open all the threads just to find the few that are for them.

2) Ability to check more than one option in 'What little extra would you like people to know at a glance?' What if I want someone who has a webcam, likes pain and is very strict?

3) Get rid of "serious replies only". Everyone wants serious replies only. Or has anyone ever said "Jeez, I could use a shitload of idiots PM my inbox with their bullshit"?
and "no limits"? Are you kidding me?
I agree why should Trans/queer Doms/Slave need to go through an extra step of bugging mods. How would they even know to do that. I'm in favor of more inclusion.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #9
Shadowice
getDare Addict

Default More options for ads

Will start this off by saying I dont mean to offend anyone and if I do I am really sorry its not my intention to make you feel bad about yourself or how you choose to live in any way.

The slave ads need a trans option of some sort rather than just male or female. I dont know about the others but I read most the ads and I feel a little deceived when a male turned female selects the female option. While I realize they wish they were the opposite sex they arent really the opposite sex to many of us.

Curious to know about me? Visit my AMA
Ladies if you are feeling brave please try my Hell Tease
I love detailed reports
Shadowice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #10
Happy Me

This was covered in a recent post in this section, and I agree, but for different reasons!
Old 05-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #11
Ly Ph
getDare Sweetheart

If you are some how referring to my add (it was changed for me by a mod recently) you will note i put a paragraph explaining that I was transgender at the top.

I did however PM depp a week or two ago about this and he said he was looking into adding more options. I suggested a MtF and a FtM as well as a symbol on the left hand side for easy skimming.

Likes/Dislikes/Limits here
Ly Ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #12
Ly Ph
getDare Sweetheart

I said this in the other suggestion about ad titles

Quote:
I did however PM depp a week or two ago about this and he said he was looking into adding more options. I suggested a MtF and a FtM as well as a symbol on the left hand side for easy skimming.

Likes/Dislikes/Limits here
Ly Ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:07 AM   #13
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ly Ph View Post

I did however PM depp a week or two ago about this and he said he was looking into adding more option.
Why did you message Depp, when Rachie's here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ly Ph View Post

I suggested a MtF and a FtM as well as a symbol on the left hand side for easy skimming.
Have added M to F & F to M to the profile options.
May have a look at the other bit when have more time.

Any problems feel free to reply

Love Rachie
x x x

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote