Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares > Bets & Challenges

View Poll Results: Should I make a thread in FemmeDom Lair?
aye 67 95.71%
nay 3 4.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2018, 03:25 AM   #1
nina@
getDare Succubus

Question Should I make a thread in FemmeDom Lair?

I have been thinking of making a thread in the femdomme lair but am a bit unsure if I should go ahead with it.. following are the pros and cons in my mind regarding creating and committing to a designated thread..

Pros
  • will keep me entertained
  • a distraction from stress and irl issues
  • it will allow me to explore creativity
  • it will allow me to interact with fellow getdarians

Cons
  • not exactly a femmedom albeit have explored domming recently
  • do not like being referred to as mistress and similar titles
  • may not get sufficient participation
  • sometimes may not have sufficient time

Help me decide whether I should make one or not by voting in the poll.

Also feel free to suggest some themes/ideas or concepts that would work? Some vague genres in my mind are a new game/logic or reading based/earning points or masturbation time based/giving challenges to co-contestants etc. If I get sufficient ayes, I might strongly consider making one.

Last edited by nina@; 06-14-2018 at 06:26 AM.
nina@ is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to nina@ for this post:
Old 06-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #2
streetsweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina@ View Post
I have been thinking of making a thread in the femdomme lair but am a bit unsure if I should go ahead with it.. following are the pros and cons in my mind regarding creating and committing to a designated thread..

Pros
  • will keep me entertained
  • a distraction from stress and irl issues
  • it will allow me to explore creativity
  • it will allow me to interact with fellow getdarians

Cons

Help me decide whether I should make one or not by voting in the poll.

Also feel free to suggest some themes/ideas or concepts that would work? Some vague genres in my mind are a new game/logic or reading based/earning points or masturbation time based/giving challenges to co-contestants etc. If I get sufficient ayes, I might strongly consider making one.

I think you should as you seem to always have good creative threads. With regards to cons, if you don't like being called by a Tile just post that as part of your initial thread and hopefully people read. I'm sure you'll have plenty of people join, enough to keep it interesting at least! If you get busy and dont have time, you can always stop it or have a break. I know they often get time consuming. Your choice as always

PM DARES
streetsweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:21 AM   #3
Siren
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina@ View Post
Cons
Hi! We haven't spoken before but I thought I'd offer an opinion

I wouldn't let the title of the sub-forum put you off- I think it's perfectly alright to give out tasks/dares without necessarily defining yourself as a domme, and you could always specify that you don't want to be called by titles and instruct participants to call you by your username, for example. Moreover, I'm sure you can set a time limit for your thread and ask a mod to close it for you once the time is up, so that might help if you only have a limited amount of time to devote to the thread.

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #4
Butterfly's Prisoner
Account Banned

I think you're a creative person, which may make you an amazing dare giver and might make your thread one of the best in the forum.

The reason I voted no is that opening such a thread requires a certain amount of commitment and time, which is an obvious issue. Essentially it is a responsibility that forces you to actively participate in the forum and you might feel mandated to post and be creative even when you don't really feel like it, which can be unpleasant, or an outright mood killer.

If you think that you can have the time and energy to keep the thread up, and/or that you'll know when to stop when it doesn't feel fun anymore, then feel free to consider my vote a "yes". But I didn't know that when I voted.

Likes: anal, toothpaste, enemas, feet, edging, creative dares, trying out new stuff.
Dislikes/punishments: pee drinking, heavy anal, pain, long dares.
Limits: scat eating, public, friends/family/work, needles, extreme pain, blood play, face pictures, crossdressing.
Butterfly's Prisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:01 PM   #5
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

I would be more than thrilled to have you post a thread in the lair! If you are concerned about participation, you can post your idea in there and specify you need x amount of participants before beginning.

When you are done with the thread, Lola or I can close it or lock it temporarily for you.

As Siren said, you don't need to be a Domme persay, you just need to be female to participate. And since you are in charge of the details of your thread, you can have the participants call you whatever you damn well please!!!!

I hope you do participate, but no pressure!

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:48 PM   #6
Dman1212
Butterfly’s Edging Bitch

Nina in my opinion you are one of the most creative people on GD. It seems to me that you could come up with a pretty interesting thread that people would partake in! Go for it, I'd probably join.

Just because you make a thread online doesnt make you a Mistress or a Domme. Youre just the author of said thread. For me to consider one a Mistress or Domme would take alot of communication and getting to know each other. A simple thread would not give me enough knowledge of someone to consider them a Domme
Triangles Task 19 out of 25

Last edited by Dman1212; 06-14-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Dman1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #7
amethyst353
getDare Sweetheart

I don't think you will have a problem with participation. When BvG was active you always made great tasks when you won. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be fantastic.

I think the only thing you need to debate is whether you are comfortable playing a Domme role when you are uncomfortable being referred to as such.

loves: humiliation, gags, bodywriting, bondage, games
limits: pics with face, messing with sleep, public, heavy blackmail, videos, permanent, scat, extreme pain Note: I transitioned years ago - wearing women's clothes isn't a dare. If you give me a sissy-themed dare, I will ignore you.

Full likes/limits | Toys/Items I Own | PM Dares (friends only for a bit) | My current rules
amethyst353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #8
sciencegal

I agree with what's been said before. You are incredibly creative and always come up with unique and fun ways for people to get involved. If the time commitment is a major drawback for you, you could consider building in "helpers" to take some of the burden off of yourself or make the game a bit more autonomous.

I would love to see a game/logic style thread, those are my absolute favorite. Your past threads have been a ton of fun (I always seemed to miss out on playing, but I enjoyed seeing them after the fact), and I believe that you would be perfectly suited for making a logic or game thread (assuming you wanted to of course).

Either way, do what works best for you and your life. I would hate for you to get stressed out over needing/wanting to invest more time than you have into a thread. I rather like seeing you around
Old 06-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #9
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Go for it, you seem like you want to and you are creative so I say do it. Also, I want you to spite whoever said no in the poll and prove that no wrong.

And helpers are good for the time issue. And like the above said, just state you do not want to be called a title.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:07 AM   #10
nina@
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsweeper View Post
I think you should as you seem to always have good creative threads. With regards to cons, if you don't like being called by a Tile just post that as part of your initial thread and hopefully people read. I'm sure you'll have plenty of people join, enough to keep it interesting at least! If you get busy and dont have time, you can always stop it or have a break. I know they often get time consuming. Your choice as always
yes I will try to design it cleverly..lol so that it is not as time consuming in like tallying etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren View Post
Hi! We haven't spoken before but I thought I'd offer an opinion

I wouldn't let the title of the sub-forum put you off- I think it's perfectly alright to give out tasks/dares without necessarily defining yourself as a domme, and you could always specify that you don't want to be called by titles and instruct participants to call you by your username, for example. Moreover, I'm sure you can set a time limit for your thread and ask a mod to close it for you once the time is up, so that might help if you only have a limited amount of time to devote to the thread.
Hey thanks for sharing your thoughts, I also feel a disclaimer in the first post would take care of the titles
Quote:
Originally Posted by piopio1949 View Post
I think you're a creative person, which may make you an amazing dare giver and might make your thread one of the best in the forum.

The reason I voted no is that opening such a thread requires a certain amount of commitment and time, which is an obvious issue. Essentially it is a responsibility that forces you to actively participate in the forum and you might feel mandated to post and be creative even when you don't really feel like it, which can be unpleasant, or an outright mood killer.

If you think that you can have the time and energy to keep the thread up, and/or that you'll know when to stop when it doesn't feel fun anymore, then feel free to consider my vote a "yes". But I didn't know that when I voted.
Hey thanks for voting honestly, I value your advice, I would never have put the question to poll if I needed only one sided opinions. yes time constraint is a concern and if I go ahead I would try to make it low maintenance and simpler format for me and others.. some of the concerns you raised are in my mind too, the reason why I am skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
I would be more than thrilled to have you post a thread in the lair! If you are concerned about participation, you can post your idea in there and specify you need x amount of participants before beginning.

When you are done with the thread, Lola or I can close it or lock it temporarily for you.

As Siren said, you don't need to be a Domme persay, you just need to be female to participate. And since you are in charge of the details of your thread, you can have the participants call you whatever you damn well please!!!!

I hope you do participate, but no pressure!
hey thanks for the kind words butterfly and also motivating me.. FYI I do like your current threads in the lair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1212 View Post
Nina in my opinion you are one of the most creative people on GD. It seems to me that you could come up with a pretty interesting thread that people would partake in! Go for it, I'd probably join.

Just because you make a thread online doesnt make you a Mistress or a Domme. Youre just the author of said thread. For me to consider one a Mistress or Domme would take alot of communication and getting to know each other. A simple thread would not give me enough knowledge of someone to consider them a Domme
yes you are right dman, people (well, most people lol) understand a thread doesn't make someone a mistress/domme
Quote:
Originally Posted by marissa353 View Post
I don't think you will have a problem with participation. When BvG was active you always made great tasks when you won. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be fantastic.

I think the only thing you need to debate is whether you are comfortable playing a Domme role when you are uncomfortable being referred to as such.
hey marissa glad to see you back on gD, some of your creative punishments are still a part of the dictionary, hope to see you more around (and maybe see a thread of your own).. you are right, I will have to design the thread such that there is no scope to call me that or may be give a disclaimer like others suggested
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegal View Post
I agree with what's been said before. You are incredibly creative and always come up with unique and fun ways for people to get involved. If the time commitment is a major drawback for you, you could consider building in "helpers" to take some of the burden off of yourself or make the game a bit more autonomous.

I would love to see a game/logic style thread, those are my absolute favorite. Your past threads have been a ton of fun (I always seemed to miss out on playing, but I enjoyed seeing them after the fact), and I believe that you would be perfectly suited for making a logic or game thread (assuming you wanted to of course).

Either way, do what works best for you and your life. I would hate for you to get stressed out over needing/wanting to invest more time than you have into a thread. I rather like seeing you around
There are times irl that I do get overwhelmed when I make posts such as this, a little online interaction even anonymously here provides just the right amount of distraction my reserved personality type needs. btw I love your new clues thread, cluedo and scotland yard were my favourite board games as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitDarkness View Post
Go for it, you seem like you want to and you are creative so I say do it. Also, I want you to spite whoever said no in the poll and prove that no wrong.

And helpers are good for the time issue. And like the above said, just state you do not want to be called a title.
yes you are right I do feel like I want to make a thread and I could always take some helpers though will take time to come with a format that is simple, in my experience simple threads are the best and I have always seen that among the threads that I made the simpler ones worked better.

I am thankful to everyone who voted and posted here, both ayes and nays, no spite, everyone's advice was well meant and I know that, otherwise what is the use of a poll if the option is pre decided..

You guys definitely made me feel loved to say the least, though I might take some time to float the thread, say around a week or two..

meanwhile feel free to drop suggestions regarding the prospective thread in this thread if you feel like

Last edited by nina@; 06-15-2018 at 03:15 AM.
nina@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:38 AM   #11
Triangle
The Bitch who cares......

It would be amazing to see what creative ideas you have,

BvG : 217 Wins & 12 Losses (including 3 by stupidity) & a few close draws

:D
217/217
Triangle is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Triangle for this post:
Old 06-18-2018, 06:21 AM   #12
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

i do hope you make a thread! intried to make the lair a female friendly as possible so that you can dictate all the parameters you need to feel comfortable having your own thread in there. feel free to ban people from your thread if they misbehave or report them if they harrass you privately! the mods are here to help you with whatever you (and any other women interested in joining) need.

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #13
LPV
getDare Saint

Of course you should!..................

Triangle is also requiring lpv to do 25 DAILY edges during this denial time.

Last orgasm--October 18, 2023

About me: My likes, dislikes and limits

Sam, RIP!
LPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #14
oddjobber
getDare Devil

Please make a thread in the Lair! It has been amazing and such an awesome idea to have that lair set up. It will need more creative and thoughtfil minds to keep it going.

and i will add here a very big thank you to all the wondefful ladies that have created and continue to evolve the femdomme lair. its been a wonderful experience!

Last edited by oddjobber; 06-19-2018 at 12:59 PM.
oddjobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:17 PM   #15
Matt:
getDare Cultist (Inner Circle)

I hope you do, as I'm sure it would be a very fun thread I've always enjoyed any thread you have made!

Current Rule - I have to do all picture requests by females and I must show my full face

Sam, forever in my heart, I will always miss you <3
Matt: is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk