Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 01-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #1
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Default ★ Help me please!

Okay, this is probably going to sound funny to some people but I'm genuinley freaking out.
Ok, last night Lottie asked me if I wanted this iPod thing she saw on ebay so I said yes and she asked for my PayPal password. I gave it to her and I went to get a drink when I came back she bought a freaking vibrator thing.
Obviously, she thinks this is terribly funny. I do not.
Is there any chance this ISN'T going to show up on my statement. I've never bought anything necessary to hide and I'm not sure if my statement gets sent to my Mum or to me. I do get my statement but not very often, are they supposed to come like every month or sooner?
Either way I really don't want her to see it and think I bought it or she'll probably send me to church to be exorcised or something.
I don't even know what website she did it from so I don't even know if I can cancel it.
And is it going to arrive at my house with some big flashing red obvious box this. UGH.
I don't know what to do.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:33 AM   #2
Mellman

Send a message via AIM to Mellman Send a message via MSN to Mellman Send a message via Yahoo to Mellman

You should be safe, I get my PayPal statements email to me, though I am the only one on the account, about once a month. As for the shipping, most every site ships in descreet boxes.
Mellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
daring_gal

statements depend on the bank i know with hsbc onlyi got the statements & they were pretty infrequent and if you used paypal i think it would only come up as that and not the actual item. Normally that sort of thing gets delivered in discreet packaging so it looks like any other parcel hope this helps =)

daring_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:41 AM   #4
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

Statements only come once a month, and only to the account holder, so you'll be fine. ^^

The vibrator will probably be in a brown box, or something... just make sure no one opens it, and you have an excuse for when it arrives!
greatsayaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:44 AM   #5
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Well, I've ordered like 15 items off the internet lately so I'll just say they're my headphones or something.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 01-01-2010, 06:05 AM   #6
owlart
getDare Devil

Paypal payments appear on your card statement as *PayPal* with the name of the vendor too, so as long as it's not sold from an ebay user called SexToysRus, it should be fine. Most vendors of 'adult' items will tend to have a 'safe' name for exactly this reason!

Of course, unless it was a Private Auction, the fact you've bought a vibrator will be visible on your eBay Profile for the next 3 months!
owlart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:45 AM   #7
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

No, she didn't even buy it on ebay. She bought it on some site. I don't think it has a obvious name. It's something like for after or for ever. Something like that.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 01-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
theone
getDare Succubus

PayPal statements are usually just online and via email.
Each purchase is then charged to the credit card or bank account where some reference will be made to the supplier. I would think the reference would be vague.

Check your email that the PayPal account is linked to, it’s recorded in PayPal if you forgot. The email should state the website and contact details of the supplier and maybe then you can contact them and cancel the order, or at least put your mind to rest by asking them some details of reference and packaging.

The other option is that you can contact PayPal but they might not be too happy that you gave out your password to a friend.

I wouldn’t worry too much, I doubt if there will be any problems. Yes you can just say that they are headphones when the package comes.

I would change your PayPal password though to avoid any further jokes and that also keeps you right with PayPal.

Also are you sure that Lottie did order? She may just be joking that she did.

Hope that helps some.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals
interpreted by your brain. Morpheus (The Matrix).

Will Try: Tea
Limits: Will not eat baby food.

Last edited by theone; 01-01-2010 at 07:05 AM.
theone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:43 AM   #9
Anjelen
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Anjelen Send a message via Yahoo to Anjelen

You realise you can still cancel that order, right? Ask your friend to give you the information of the site where she ordered, then email them - you can request your order be cancelled and have every right to.

Also you should be able to stop or prevent payments through paypal itself.

* How to not be a Dumbinant *
* Here's your chance to ask me anything! *

"It's better to try and fail than to fail to try."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Nunc Intellego --
Anjelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:00 AM   #10
owlart
getDare Devil

Oops, not sure what made me think it was off eBay! Still, the principle's the same, the PayPal payment will still appear as "*PayPal*merchantname" on the statement.

As Anjelen says, you are still within your rights to cancel the order if you email them and just say you wish to cancel (you don't have to say why). In fact, you can still return it to them within 7 working days of receipt for as full refund if you wish.
owlart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #11
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelen View Post
You realise you can still cancel that order, right? Ask your friend to give you the information of the site where she ordered, then email them - you can request your order be cancelled and have every right to.

Also you should be able to stop or prevent payments through paypal itself.
Personally, I don't see why a girl would cancel the order of a vibrator, but... ;D
Old 01-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #12
Hg.
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatsayaman View Post
Personally, I don't see why a girl would cancel the order of a vibrator, but... ;D
Sorry for misinterpretting if you were making a joke, but Betty is 15, so living with her parents, and there is nothing more awkward than someones parents knowing or thinking anything about the persons sex life, especially when you have to live with them day-in, day-out.

And to Betty, good luck with keeping it away from your parents, the only dangers are the delivery, the statement and the package itself. If you deal with all of these you should be home dry. Don't forget to bear some thought into what to do with your order when it arrives, be it destroying it, discarding it away from parents (Public bin), or keep it (in which case a secure hiding place would need to be devised)

I reserve the right to refuse to do any dare, and to subsequently update my limits from there
Up to hard limits is OK
..Not frequently active anymore
Hg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #13
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

It was a joke. Betty doesn't even masturbate, so a vibrator would be useless. ^^
Old 01-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #14
zoodcat
getDare Sweetheart

owlart is correct it will only show up on the creditcard statement as *Paypal* merchant name and you will get an e-mail with a detailed report of the purchase.
zoodcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #15
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Well thank goodness for that then. Thanks for the answers everyone I appreciate it

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Advertisements
Kink Talk