Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
depp
SysOp

Default getDare Downtime TODAY! (Updated... up to an hour of downtime)

Apache is being recompiled some time today to upgrade our caching mechanism and add some modules. This will case a very brief period of downtime and may result in a few quirks here and there. These upgrades may break things on the site. If that is the case please post a reply here. Don't use this thread to post replies about existing issues.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
depp
SysOp

Update:
These upgrades require the a new OS be installed. The downtime could be around an hour for this. Don't be alarmed if getDare goes offline for a bit.

Also, we have backups but if things fail the forums could be rolled back up to 12 hours back. If you have anything important, save it. There is a slight change we may have to restore to a backup. This could mean some posts and PMs from the last 24 hours could vanish.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
monkeysrock
getDare Sweetheart

Exciting! When will this happen?

http://www.humansexmap.com/showmap.p...f6ea2.75805559
Old 09-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
depp
SysOp

The upgrade is currently in progress now. The downtime portion should not exceed one hour. This is a major change to our server infrastructure so downtime is unfortunately necessary in this case.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
depp
SysOp

Hard downtime will happen very soon. Bye guys! Hope I see you all again
Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
depp
SysOp

Downtime is now over!

I see flying donkeys on my computer screen.

Last edited by LilAngel; 09-19-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
depp
SysOp

There are a few remaining issues that will solve themselves over the next 15 min. CAPCHAs are currently broken (only an issue for registrations) but should return very soon.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
depp
SysOp

CAPCHAs have been changed over to an old image processing library until the new one is installed. At the moment a new build of Apache is being crafted to fix these problems and add in extra features.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #9
noteworthy

Send a message via AIM to noteworthy Send a message via MSN to noteworthy Send a message via Yahoo to noteworthy
Default Firefox

Seems to be working with IE but with Firefox just gets a background with nothing else.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
depp
SysOp

There will be quirks until this is all done. You may need to force a full refresh in Firefox. Hold shift while you click the refresh button.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:35 PM   #11
depp
SysOp

Okay, everything is done except I forgot to have ImageMagick reinstalled. After that is done I can switch back to the fancy style CAPCHAs.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
depp
SysOp

All upgrades are DONE! Yay!