Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

View Poll Results: Is it rude?
Yes 27 54.00%
No 23 46.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #31
Krystal
getDare Sweetheart

Personally i just found the "ASL" group to completly lack social skills. And several occasions when i pointed out they could find the info in my profile. They got all huffy and defensive which included swearing. With "I 'blanked' asked you, why don't you just 'blankin' tell me'"

lol like thats gonna get me to keep up a conversation.

Weirdest instance of it, was actually some guy trying to get me to be his mistress, and when i pointed that all the info was in my profile. Including the fact that I didn't want a slave, and also told him if he was looking for a mistress he should really check the profile of who he was contacting in case their was any information regarding S/M. And when i told him that, he actually went ballistic on me saying and i quote "It's not my F**king responsibility to check that!"

So maybe that'll give us a bit of info into the mind of people that just ask ASL, lol.

Mainly now a days, i may talk to to people who ask ASL right off(mood permitting ), but usually i disregard them as people who have no interest on talking with me on a social level, and are primarily just after a TorD game or M/S play.

♥♥♥ My FormSpring ♥♥♥

Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #32
meeacaroline
getDare Sweetheart

Location: That place where that thing happens next to that other place.

I don't find it rude, but I think its an inconsiderate way of starting the conversation. It just seems very cold and like you are only willing to talk to certain people. I'd suggest rather getting it in stages. Ask their name and how they are. Then mention your age, they'll usually say it back and then converse for a bit and ask where they are from. That gets you all the same information, but people are generally more accepting of it.

<3 Don't forget to be awesome.

internet married to G.J. as of 7:08:33 pm EST on May 31st 2011

Feel free to ask questions
meeacaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #33
daremaster 1
getDare God

I don't find it wierd but rather annoying because I don't want someone I haven't even talked to before to know that kindda stuff about me and there are thousands of better ways to start a conversation. So just don't come to me and say asl because you won't be getting anything back.
daremaster 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #34
sissy2b

Honestly, I don't mind the -question- happening early. I just really miss the grammar. If someone's interested in speaking to me, is it reeeally so hard to type it out? Or to ask separate questions?

I am not a "27/M/Oregon." I -am- however a 27 year old Male who lives in Southern Oregon and enjoys all sorts of fun and sissy play. "ASL," I find to be just lazy.

Part 1 - Ponygirl
Part 2 - Sissy Maid
Part 3 - Diaper Gurl
Part 4 - Latex and Bondage
Part 5 - Controlled by GetDare
sissy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #35
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Yep. Because the format is just lazy.

ASL?

What, no. That's not a question. You don't walk up to the new kid in school and ask him "ASL?"
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #36
lucky32
Distinguished Member

haha, i first thought the person was asking if I had A(D)SL as an internet source and I answered with fiber to the desktop. I'm such a geek (with a crazy fast connection)...besides shouldn't we all just be the age or sex we feel.. and location, geeeze its the internet, what are you gonna do? invite me over for tea?
lucky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #37
Star Shadows
Prodigy

I find the entire concept of ALS rude. If you want to find something out about me and get to do it then do it properly. It annoys me.. a lot. Its bad grammar and it shows you arent actually making an effort.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #38
softeyes
Account Banned

Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
Personally, I don't find it rude... I just find it extremely dumb. I mean, if someone can't find anything better to say as a conversation starter with me then I just ignore them or I answer back something just as silly, depending on my mood of the day
This

And if it's in the chat I usually ask them why they didn't just read up on who they were going to talk to, since most of the information is displayed there. ._.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A vampire, it's like a walrus, but awesome.
I am NOT a fairy | I'm a kitty, yo |
softeyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk