Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 09-18-2016, 07:36 PM   #1
lovethembbw
getDare Devil

Default Getdare User Rating

Hi, I am thinking of something that is it possible to add rating of users which can be displayed at their profile. The whole think will be like:

- There will be an option for other user to rate an user
- The rating can be done based on their response rate on posts, and quality of dares given, performance of doing a dare, reports and their overall behavior.

This will help the user to root out the best and worst users and anybody can chose to response or not resposne to that person.

I think this will encourage the dare givers and dare receivers to actively work
lovethembbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Another user has made this suggestion and here is my take on it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornyyoungslut View Post
That idea would be great, but there are flaws. I think that it would be helpful, at times, but people can easily just give a negative vote for something.

Say if Billy Bob asks Jasmine permission to cum. Jasmine is not willing to give him permission. Billy Bob begs and pleads and Jasmine says that she doesn't want to give him permission. Billy Bob becomes angry at Jasmine, telling her that she needs to give him permission, but Jasmine denies and says that she no longer wishes to talk. Billy Bob now votes for a negative vote on Jasmine's profile.

Jasmine has done nothing wrong, but Billy Bob decided to give her a negative vote anyway, making her look bad.
That system can easily be misconstrued and taken advantage of.

23.f | straight | owned

(dis)likes & limits | pm dares

denied by daddy.

hornyyoungslut is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to hornyyoungslut for this post:
Old 09-18-2016, 07:48 PM   #3
Kisune Karnon
GetDare Ninja

Although this is a good idea. A couple of bad ratings from unhappy people can turn a good user into either an average or bad one when they actually aren't.

Male/Married/Straight/Switch/32/190 lbs

Likes and Limits
Toys (So Far)
PM Dares
Utilizing Keywords Version 3
Kik: Kisune22

My goal is to give good dares and receive them because that is how I enjoy the game.
I will send reports when I choose to or if I am asked.
If you give me a repeated dare or a "do your own dare,"
I will be very disappointed because I like to be surprised and challenged.

Kisune Karnon is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Kisune Karnon for this post:
Old 09-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #4
bleonav06
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisune Karnon View Post
Although this is a good idea. A couple of bad ratings from unhappy people can turn a good user into either an average or bad one when they actually aren't.
I agree, for example Jim begs Mary for a dare and says if she doesnt send him one then he is going to give her a bad rating. The girl is forced to give a dare even though the male is the bad user in the situation.

Limits pics vids scat illegal family extreme pain public wedgies messy

No I don't have or want kik or skype don't bother asking nor do I want to be your mistress nor slave

m/19 switch

I don't have any toys

AMA My first story

Spoiler:
Lol you just wasted your time opening this
bleonav06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:51 AM   #5
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Only a few people rate threads, so I am wondering how many people will rate users. This system won't be implemented because everything said above was true when people were able to rate other users in the past. But, you can rate threads and thank people for their posts. If more people were to rate threads, you can see the reputation of a user when looking at their statistics.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 09-19-2016 at 01:52 AM.
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #6
An_Jon
Distinguished Member

Perhaps the answer would be to only allow positive reviews. That way at the very worst someone can be neutral. If someone is totally determined to leave a negative comment they could always leave a visitor message.

Perhaps a few positive ratings such as the below could be introduced, so people not only feel good when they get noticed, but also people.can see what kind of positive user the person is:

*Gave me an excellent dare
*Had a lot of fun together!
*They're hot
*I'd love to play again with this person
*They're funny
*A credit to getDare!

Just a suggestion, let me know what you think

I like talking to new people. Come and say hello if you'd like to get to know me

26 | M | UK | Bisexual | Switch | Punmaster
About Me | My Blog | BDSM Test

Come and play with me:
My AMA
My KIK - and rules on using it!

An_Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:53 AM   #7
Kisune Karnon
GetDare Ninja

The problem with not allowing the negative reviews though, you can't determine the truly bad users who annoy or spam, but are still sitting in the rules. People would complain about it if they didn't know what to expect from the bad ones.

Male/Married/Straight/Switch/32/190 lbs

Likes and Limits
Toys (So Far)
PM Dares
Utilizing Keywords Version 3
Kik: Kisune22

My goal is to give good dares and receive them because that is how I enjoy the game.
I will send reports when I choose to or if I am asked.
If you give me a repeated dare or a "do your own dare,"
I will be very disappointed because I like to be surprised and challenged.

Kisune Karnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:19 PM   #8
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Just a reminder that even though I'm from gD Staff now, I still am a regular user like any other. So don't bundle me with all gD Staff members when I am only telling you my view on the subject.

An_Jon
Only positive reviews do have several downsides as well. For one, the system that would be implemented itself, besides making work of implementing the system. It'll be a popularity match between all users on getDare. Moreover, people might start giving fake reviews to help each other as friends. You won't be sure whether the review is real or not. A review doesn't differ that much from a rating; it's words instead of stars.

Kisune Karnon
That's true. You can't determine the bad users without negative reviews or ratings. But if the bad user breaks any of the gD posting rules, you can simply report him. The two examples you gave: annoying and spamming. Being annoying can't really be reported. Spamming, however, can be reported. And there's always a second option: the ignore list.

Here is some more info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
This sort of thing has been tried in the past (karma pts etc.) and invariably turns into a popularity contest that goes badly.

What happens when you do reply but the person doesn't like what you replied and so gives you negative feedback?

Of course, if you wanted to make a specific game with a point system to replies, you could always specify that at the start, but then you'd have to keep track of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perkygirlie View Post
You could simply post a "rate me" thread with a poll, or else simply post a thread and use the thread rating system. For example, I just rated this thread 4 stars, which indicates my opinion of Dune.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 09-19-2016 at 12:52 PM.
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:03 PM   #9
An_Jon
Distinguished Member

What's wrong with friends helping friends out though? It shows that the user is active and making positive relationships. Plus, no positive reviews won't necessarily means 'bad' user, just that there is limited interaction.

I feel it can help in all sorts of manners, such as finding matching play partners or finding active users. Indeed, feedback need only remain visible for 1 month, at which point is disappears to demonstrate either limited activity, or that the user hasn't been productive in a while.

I dont necessarily see implementation as too big of an issue. I might be wrong because I don't know shit about coding though. I just feel that the positive far, far outweighs the negative on that one. Happy to be proven wrong though!

I like talking to new people. Come and say hello if you'd like to get to know me

26 | M | UK | Bisexual | Switch | Punmaster
About Me | My Blog | BDSM Test

Come and play with me:
My AMA
My KIK - and rules on using it!

An_Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:39 PM   #10
Joker50
Distinguished Member

Well friends helping friends is fine but suppose that all you ever see of your friend is all the good stuff he posts, you don't see the crap he gives everyone else in private. You mark him well but others have a different point of view and sadly you then get pulled down by association.

@riskflame, first can I say that i didn't realise you were staff, that's cool.
second: I wonder how many of the users really look at what they can do on here. There are a lot of things you can use in the user cp and there are lots of different ways to mark threads etc but it seems to me that most come on to play/read/chat and then go again because rl limits the amount they have to actually spend on getDare, so they never actually learn what they can do.
I spoke to someone yesterday who told me; she found she was spending so much time on here that she was omitting rl tasks she had to do and was falling behind. So she had to limit herself and now signs in for messages and then goes again, only allowing herself longer if she has a report to post or there is a gap in her rl that allows for it.

Limits: Cbt, Anal. Pain. Poo. Family. Pics for the right person.
Joker50 is offline   Reply With Quote