Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 07-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Default Add on to the Ignore Feature

The whole point of ignoring user, is so you dont have to see their username. So, in the "currently active users" section, when a user is on ignore, instead of seeing the username, it can say, "ignored" or "blocked." Same way as users who set their name to invisible so that word would appear down there instead of their username.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

The whole point of ignoring a user is so they can't contact you, not so you can't see their username. This feature seems pointless to me but that's just my opinion.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
The whole point of ignoring a user is so they can't contact you, not so you can't see their username. This feature seems pointless to me but that's just my opinion.
But, I am sure many people does not want to see the person's username that they blocked, because they blocked them for a reason. So seeing their username, they may not like it.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Well, I'm with Betty on this one too... I do have some people on my ignore list and it's not because I don't want to see their usernames, it's to avoid them crapping up my inbox with junk... I could care less to see their names or not.

I also don't avoid going out of my home just not to cross people I don't like...

Moral of this post? Wherever you go, online or not, you're gonna see some really wonderful people and complete and utter morons too. Best thing to do is not to worry so much about seeing an unfriendly face or username
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #5
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
Well, I'm with Betty on this one too... I do have some people on my ignore list and it's not because I don't want to see their usernames, it's to avoid them crapping up my inbox with junk... I could care less to see their names or not.

I also don't avoid going out of my home just not to cross people I don't like...

Moral of this post? Wherever you go, online or not, you're gonna see some really wonderful people and complete and utter morons too. Best thing to do is not to worry so much about seeing an unfriendly face or username
I agree with the awesome moddy powerhouses that are Betty and Chloe. I have people ignored on my list but its not because I don't want to see that they are online. Yes I blocked them for a reason, to stop them harassing or spamming me or what ever, and in some cases because they hurt me and if they made a post or an pm to me then I don't have to see it. Not because I don't want to see their names.

especially considering the fact that you're still going to know they are online when they have made posts. You just cant read them.

Also in regards to the being blocked for a reason, yes usually they are. but if someone has hurt you, but if you have managed to get away a far enough distance to put them on ignore use that fact to know that you got out of it and have learnt from it. Gain strength from it.

Also last time I remember "sticks and stones may break my bones" seeing a name on a screen isn't going to severely maim you.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote