Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories > The Authors' Cafe

Old 05-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
NinjaSlave

Default Writers league

Can a few of the writers create a "league" or something that you had to be invited to, it would be cool.
NinjaSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Dylan xX
Distinguished Member

I've actually considered this before, but I'm by no means the person to lead it.

I'm sure if Shiny or Rachie or someone of that caliber lead it, it could be a huge success.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
Star Shadows
Prodigy

This is a cool idea- Would be cool but I think it will just separate the community more- there is a risk that people would be less likely to read the stories of people not in the league.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:15 AM   #4
fromo
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
This is a cool idea- Would be cool but I think it will just separate the community more- there is a risk that people would be less likely to read the stories of people not in the league.
A true point, but it would also likely atract more people to the site, if you begin posting the stories on other sites, then advertise the base of the group. :P
Will find a vessel in the paleblood moon..."

My Current Add Searching For A Sub:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=431569
fromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromo View Post
A true point, but it would also likely atract more people to the site, if you begin posting the stories on other sites, then advertise the base of the group. :P
Ah I didn't understand that to be part of the idea. I guess you're right on that aspect then- though you have to be careful as to what kind of new revenue you bring in, more is not always better.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
submissiver

It sounds very good, but there would be a divide,
Not reading non-leagians stories, * copy's starshadow's every word*
I limit illegal, extreme pain, family, public , permanent or feces/urine/blood.

I love being hypnotised, send me any hypno files to my email address and I will listen to them all.

Last edited by submissiver; 05-31-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Bad spelling
submissiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
WowwieGoesWoof
getDare Sweetheart

You could have it partitioned into a sub-forum so those invited would be known throughout the community and others outside it would not? Start it off like that and change it as you go to suit how it works best?
WowwieGoesWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
Dylan xX
Distinguished Member

I don't really wanna split authors up, but having a league could really improve the writings of everyone in it, and set a standard for those outside of it to work their way in.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Can i ask what the main advantage of this would be?

If your meaning a place to go to get help with ideas, encouragement etc, i believe i as well as several others already try to do this.

If as "fromo" says about advertising on other sites / community, this again is also similar to what i'm already doing. (flyer in local town etc)

I know there is a lot of viewers of getDare that never join the site to comment or participate for some reason or other.

I just can't see what league you can have that would benefit members of getDare. There is already a fiction / non fiction section -- mature content / tord section--- as well as a completed story section.

If there was in anyway a big enough advantage for this, as well as little / no loss for others i would be happy to help. (Not enough info in posters comment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan xX View Post

I'm sure if Shiny or Rachie or someone of that caliber lead it, it could be a huge success.
Thanks for the faith

Love Rachie
x x x x

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
Dylan xX
Distinguished Member

I just can't see what league you can have that would benefit members of getDare. There is already a fiction / non fiction section -- mature content / tord section--- as well as a completed story section.

If there was in anyway a big enough advantage for this, as well as little / no loss for others i would be happy to help. (Not enough info in posters comment)

Love Rachie
x x x x
[/QUOTE]

Yeah the guy that made this thread didn't really post any info whatsoever. I don't think it's necessary to make an entire section for the league. I just think it should be a little chain where people add each other and create something simple as an MSN group or something, and agree to spell check, review, and do anything necessary to help fellow league members' stories.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
WowwieGoesWoof
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan xX View Post
Yeah the guy that made this thread didn't really post any info whatsoever. I don't think it's necessary to make an entire section for the league. I just think it should be a little chain where people add each other and create something simple as an MSN group or something, and agree to spell check, review, and do anything necessary to help fellow league members' stories.
That seems far more plausible as to not be detrimental to the stories section in general. And without causing a fuss.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #12
Dylan xX
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoWaddict View Post
That seems far more plausible as to not be detrimental to the stories section in general. And without causing a fuss.
Exactly! So I'm thinking we should get someone capable -cough Rachie cough- to lead it and create a little thread for it, including the members and what it's about.. etc. Then she can choose who to invite OR could alternatively create a little application form so people can apply instead.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #13
WowwieGoesWoof
getDare Sweetheart

Indeed. I think a medium sized application asking some basic questions and whatnot would make for something not over the top and more communal.

Advertisements
Kink Talk