Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 07-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #31
xxxMichellexxx
Distinguished Member

completely agree with you chaingangistheclick, people need to post, like the saying goes, "Quality not Quantity". Another thing that people should learn to do is EDIT their posts. There is no point on doing something like this: (Example)

User1: Need Dares For Today! Post Them Here! Thank You!
-----
User2: What's Your ASL?
-----
User1: 18/f

They could have just as easily edited their original post to answer this question. I'm not saying this should be used in every situation but for something like that...
xxxMichellexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #32
money.m

Send a message via Yahoo to money.m

I just saw a thread yesterday saying up your posts... that person made 2 threads 4 people just to make more posts now i think that person should be banned and those should be closed/deleted

sorry let me edit that it was already closed just went to look guess everyone had the same idea lol
money.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #33
cheesy dude
Distinguished Member

non quality posts? well thats why we reward good posts with good rep i know i bring up rep alot but people should really use it. If it is used enough and some users start getting stars and stuff on their rep then people will stop and thing i want start so im gonna post quality not crap.
cheesy dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #34
Tony12

Not the way i ment it... There should be a limit to stop spamming... ?
Tony12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #35
TheLittleStrawberry
getDare Devil

I don't get this reputation thing... I can't see anywhere, where reputation is shown. is it in the profile? If anything... i think it should be visible in every post.

Anyway. I don't think the number of posts people make is a big deal... Sure... People can 30+ posts per day. But if they are constructive and qualitative posts, i don't see one single problem with it. Sure there goes the saying "Quality over quantity". But that doesn't mean that quantity means less quality.
It really depends on the person who posts really...

Maybe mods should be more strict around spammers and n00bs.... And if there aren't enough, have more longtime and/or responsible members get the chance to be a mod, and be part of cleaning this forum
Apparently there's a high demands for them lately.
TheLittleStrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #36
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

New mods are hopefully *fingers crossed* on the way. We have some in mind, whether or not Depp sent out the invites to them or not remains another story, along with if they'll accept. Reputation is the green bars under your post count on the side of the post. You may add reputation by click thie scale near the red or green button at the bottom lefthand corner of the posts. Certain members can take away reputation points.

Rowing all day, erry Day
chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #37
TheLittleStrawberry
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingangistheclick View Post
New mods are hopefully *fingers crossed* on the way. We have some in mind, whether or not Depp sent out the invites to them or not remains another story, along with if they'll accept. Reputation is the green bars under your post count on the side of the post. You may add reputation by click thie scale near the red or green button at the bottom lefthand corner of the posts. Certain members can take away reputation points.
Thankyou

I think the reputation button should be more noticeable and precise though.. i would never have figured out what it was on my own. It should be more advertised too.

Maybe more people will use it, and more people will strive to be better users to gain reputation
Old 07-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #38
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleStrawberry View Post
Thankyou

I think the reputation button should be more noticeable and precise though.. i would never have figured out what it was on my own. It should be more advertised too.

Maybe more people will use it, and more people will strive to be better users to gain reputation
The proposed plan is 3 new mods, which will remain anominous untill the right time. However, this proposed plan has only gotten thumbs up from me and Depp...the rest of the staff have not been on since the proposal was made. However, Depp kind of runs the site so he can do whatever he wants. Also, this plan in contingent on the nominees accepting the invitation to be a mod. So far (to the best of my knowledge) no one has ever turned down one of these types of invites. Hopefully within the next 24-28 hours we will be able to inform you on the potential new mods and then a complete list of all the mods.

Rowing all day, erry Day
Old 07-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #39
depp
SysOp

I will send my invites after more of the staff give feedback. Somethimes they know things about users I just don't.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:00 AM   #40
molten man
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to molten man

i would suggest that u dont see d average posts per day but see their quality of posting!! if it is inappropriate then action shud be taken else there shud be no problem wid d posting!!!!

26/m/straight
Kik: molten_man
molten man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:44 AM   #41
TheLittleStrawberry
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
I will send my invites after more of the staff give feedback. Somethimes they know things about users I just don't.

I would have suggested having the whole forum nominate and vote for people... Cos democracy is fun .... But... seeing that there are so many n00bs.. excuse me... I can see it being a bad idea or something :S
Old 07-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #42
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

What we have done in the past was http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=1717

I know for a fact that we never had everyone vote on a mod.

Rowing all day, erry Day
Old 07-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #43
depp=noob=lol
Account Banned

Quote:
I know for a fact that we never had everyone vote on a mod.
and I hope there will never be a voting comp too for moderation
because too many people on this site will just think 'whatever' and vote for other reasons than for the best mod, you all know what i mean.
depp=noob=lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:19 AM   #44
TheLittleStrawberry
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp=noob=lol View Post
and I hope there will never be a voting comp too for moderation
because too many people on this site will just think 'whatever' and vote for other reasons than for the best mod, you all know what i mean.
How do you know that?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:47 AM   #45
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

Because common sence tells you most people are idiots.

Rowing all day, erry Day