Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
depp
SysOp

BETA NOW CLOSED!!!
The final version is in the works. It will be out "When its done"
Thanks to those who tested things out. We really do have plans. :-D

SORRY -> NO LONGER FOR DOWNLOAD

Below is for information purposes only. I will unlock this thread when there are future developments.

=============================================
getDare Desktop beta is available NOW. The game is customizable and the options on the front page can be changed with the built in editor. As always here there is a NO SPYWARE guarantee.

Please contribute by sending us dares for inclusion.

This is only the first of many great things we plan on developing for the Truth or Dare scene. :mrgreen:

Note: This is BETA quality software. This version was rushed out to give users a chance to play with our new toy. Watch the forums for the newest versions. We are working to resolve the bugs currently in this package and there are bugs. Even though this is beta quality we guarantee that all future products will support the files created in this application. Don't be afraid to make custom files in our editor. Our file format is solid and will be able to be used in future versions.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:26 PM   #2
depp
SysOp

Any bug reports on this early Beta version would be greatly appreciated. Not only does it help out us, improvements help you guys and gals. Also, feel more than free to upload your own *.tod set files created in the program here on the forums.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #3

A five minute initial test would indicate that the ability to restore it from being minimised is at best sluggish and at worst non-functional.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:03 PM   #4
depp
SysOp

aware of problems with the window state. (several really)
again, this is a very early beta version. I write a lot of software and this will get much more stable as I get time to refine things.

One of the bigger slow downs is the window transparrency. It really hurts the application speeds on some machines. My code is still a little dirty too. Future versions will solve many of the problems seen in this test.

Thanks for the report! 8)
Old 02-25-2005, 11:06 PM   #5
depp
SysOp

BETA 2 patch is above for download. Requires the BETA 1 install.

Should make the program run a little faster. Not a big fix just a little somthing to hold over untill BETA 3 (lots of fixes).

BETA 3 (when out) will fix 90% of the problems with the current build. After BETA 3 our next goal with be greater speed and also a few more special features. Transparent windows will be back. ;-)
Old 02-27-2005, 01:57 AM   #6

still buggy but very nice.
can't wait for the next beta version
best of luck guys
Old 02-28-2005, 10:12 PM   #7
depp
SysOp

Our stable version will be out in a week. (we are hoping)
Also, we have an exciting new idea in the works that we are currently developing. We can't say what it is yet but we are working heavily with a Javascript scripting engine and XML. Who knows what we are cooking up. Details to follow!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:47 PM   #8

whens the new software going to be posted?
Old 06-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #9
dareboy
Account Banned

Whens the new one gonna be posted its almost summer break :cry: i wanna play wen ppl are over. :D
Old 06-19-2005, 09:00 PM   #10
skunkgirl
Baby Member

hi i was hopeing that the turth and dare game would be ready soon is it?
Old 07-03-2005, 06:16 AM   #11

I think we should be able to get the beta since its been forever.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:39 AM   #12
lestat221

hey depp, where have ya been?? You haven't forgotten your fans, have you :P

Lestat221
Old 07-11-2005, 08:42 PM   #13
userben
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to userben

i think he did
Old 07-16-2005, 01:35 AM   #14
lestat221

nah he's back :P
Old 07-16-2005, 04:22 AM   #15
depp
SysOp

I've been a really busy guy.

Anyways, I like this site... and it seems to be growing so i'll be devoting more time to it now. This program has a few nasty bugs in it to be honest. I built in a crazy encryption scheme to protect my dare files and it was causing lots of problems. I'll give it another look here soon but for the time being I would rather work on improving the site for now. I have a lot of cool ideas for stuff I want to try out. I just have to invest my time wisely.

I am a fan of this community and, most importantly, this game.