Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 09-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #1
sir stefan
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornyyoungslut View Post
I would be scared out of my mind! It's a good thing that you never abused it because if that was never the intention of displaying her real name, then I would not have wanted to share any information with anyone ever again through getDare!
It IS scary like hell.
That is why i wanted to say this, just to let others know.
Not abusing is just naturally, i dont even consider it "good", more like "extremely bad" if one would. But still,... If she would have hit one of the morons we are discussing here...........

(And just for the record, no, it is not my pet who made this mistake, we still don't know each others rl)

Having said all this.....
And now?........ Will we ask a modification?... Like what?.... Or for now just ranting about it (could be ok)? ..... Make a poll?... Just learn how to efficiently deal with it?
sir stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:47 AM   #2
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir stefan View Post
..Having said all this.....
And now?........ Will we ask a modification?... Like what?.... Or for now just ranting about it (could be ok)? ..... Make a poll?... Just learn how to efficiently deal with it?
I was hoping that a getDare staff member would look at this thread and some proposed ideas, specifically at staff for certain areas of the site, and chime in on their thoughts, as to what is & isn't possible.

23.f | straight | owned

(dis)likes & limits | pm dares

denied by daddy.

hornyyoungslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
little pet
getDare Succubus

Quote:
It IS scary like hell.
Not abusing is just naturally, i dont even consider it "good", more like "extremely bad" if one would. But still,... If she would have hit one of the morons we are discussing here...........

(And just for the record, no, it is not my pet who made this mistake, we still don't know each others rl)

Having said all this.....
I did read something about reputation on getdare, but maybe it's an old topic I found on Google.
Good or bad reputations could be earned by other people voting on it. It showed up in the user profile. Seems like a good idea; if someone
makes a nuisance of himself, you should be able to give a negative vote, that shows up publicly.

My DIY thread

My stories
My Art
My Blog
Toys I own

Likes: Humiliation, gags, anal, clamps, hidden public, spanking, cornertime, bondage, pet play, denial, messy.
Dislikes: Pacifier, nettles, crotchropes, toothpaste, atm, pee control, line writing, tack bra and panties, ice cubes.
Limits: scat, pictures/video, family, public
little pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:55 AM   #4
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub.lucy View Post
I did read something about reputation on getdare, but maybe it's an old topic I found on Google.
Good or bad reputations could be earned by other people voting on it. It showed up in the user profile. Seems like a good idea; if someone
makes a nuisance of himself, you should be able to give a negative vote, that shows up publicly.
That idea would be great, but there are flaws. I think that it would be helpful, at times, but people can easily just give a negative vote for something.

Say if Billy Bob asks Jasmine permission to cum. Jasmine is not willing to give him permission. Billy Bob begs and pleads and Jasmine says that she doesn't want to give him permission. Billy Bob becomes angry at Jasmine, telling her that she needs to give him permission, but Jasmine denies and says that she no longer wishes to talk. Billy Bob now votes for a negative vote on Jasmine's profile.

Jasmine has done nothing wrong, but Billy Bob decided to give her a negative vote anyway, making her look bad.

23.f | straight | owned

(dis)likes & limits | pm dares

denied by daddy.

hornyyoungslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:20 AM   #5
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

I agree with hornyyoungslut (well, I always agree with horny young sluts, but that's beside the point). I have been a member of forums where the reputation system is used, and it inevitably results in flame wars. People become more concerned about who down-voted them and why, and discussions get unnecessarily heated. Sometimes even threads get spawned with topics like, "Zap xxx because of yyy".

Reputation rarely helps solve this kind of issue.
To play with me, you must be able to prove your gender.

Runesmith's Forgiveness thread - you're gonna need this

My stories:
Non-consensual Roleplay With a Stranger
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Runesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to Runesmith for this post:
Old 09-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #6
DJ-playmate
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
It IS scary like hell.

If this sounds condescending, then so be it... but I'm continually shocked at how this site seems to contain a bubble of people who don't know how to secure their identity. Maybe because there are a lot of very young people on this site? Still, in 2016, you'd think everybody on line would know to make separate anonymous accounts for cyber-play outside of their regular social media and e-mail accounts. I must be missing something.
DJ-playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to DJ-playmate for this post:
Old 09-18-2016, 03:52 PM   #7
cacti
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-playmate View Post
If this sounds condescending, then so be it... but I'm continually shocked at how this site seems to contain a bubble of people who don't know how to secure their identity. Maybe because there are a lot of very young people on this site? Still, in 2016, you'd think everybody on line would know to make separate anonymous accounts for cyber-play outside of their regular social media and e-mail accounts. I must be missing something.
This doesn't have much to do with the thread, but I'd argue that it's primarily the older people of the internet that don't understand how to do this. Young people are (or can be, idk about other places in the world) taught how to stay safe on the internet and create emails in school, whereas the internet is still a mystery to a lot of the older generation. Young people generally think they're invincible on the internet, so being anonymous is very important to them.

Likes: Cum play, anal play (household objects/fingers), feet, pee, humiliation, sissification, hidden public
Dislikes/ punishments: spanking, body writing, denial
Limits: high risk public, pain/blood, family, illegal, permanent, face pics, vomit, heavy scat

bdsm test results

AMA
cacti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #8
bleonav06
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacti View Post
This doesn't have much to do with the thread, but I'd argue that it's primarily the older people of the internet that don't understand how to do this. Young people are (or can be, idk about other places in the world) taught how to stay safe on the internet and create emails in school, whereas the internet is still a mystery to a lot of the older generation. Young people generally think they're invincible on the internet, so being anonymous is very important to them.
Well also, a girl (or a guy but mostly girls) should not have to feel like they have to be anonymous for their own safety on a website like this. They should not have to worry about being stalked or harassed by people on here or blackmailed. Maybe if we focused more on that than on hiding our identities then we could have more fun.

Limits pics vids scat illegal family extreme pain public wedgies messy

No I don't have or want kik or skype don't bother asking nor do I want to be your mistress nor slave

m/19 switch

I don't have any toys

AMA My first story

Spoiler:
Lol you just wasted your time opening this
bleonav06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:23 PM   #9
cacti
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleonav06 View Post
Well also, a girl (or a guy but mostly girls) should not have to feel like they have to be anonymous for their own safety on a website like this. They should not have to worry about being stalked or harassed by people on here or blackmailed. Maybe if we focused more on that than on hiding our identities then we could have more fun.
I agree, but the internet simply isn't as innocent as that. I wish we could all have fun on our favourite websites and not have to worry about our safety and anonymity, but there will always be creepy assholes there to prevent that from happening. Girls do face the absolute worst of it one websites like these and despite using them for a long time it still disgusts me the way guys beg for their attention, but they just don't stop coming I'm afraid.

I've also yet to encounter a website that has a good solution to the PM problems discussed in this thread, but it just seems impossible to completely filter out all of the shitposts. On this website, there is an option to only receive PMs from contacts and mods but I understand why some people don't like the idea of that.

Likes: Cum play, anal play (household objects/fingers), feet, pee, humiliation, sissification, hidden public
Dislikes/ punishments: spanking, body writing, denial
Limits: high risk public, pain/blood, family, illegal, permanent, face pics, vomit, heavy scat

bdsm test results

AMA

Last edited by cacti; 09-18-2016 at 04:51 PM.
cacti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:06 PM   #10
DJ-playmate
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
You really need to worry about your safety just about anywhere on the Internet. Several years ago, while I was in grad school, I had an argument with someone in a news group who tracked me down using just my email address and a paper I wrote that was posted on the net, and he made some trouble for me.

On a website LIKE THIS you say... websites like this are magnets for creeps, fakes, and flakes. I am active on a number of adult and fetish websites and getDare has a pretty high ratio of dubious characters in my experience. Any place where there is adult content and free accounts is a place where you want to protect yourself as much as possible.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #11
bleonav06
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-playmate View Post
You really need to worry about your safety just about anywhere on the Internet. Several years ago, while I was in grad school, I had an argument with someone in a news group who tracked me down using just my email address and a paper I wrote that was posted on the net, and he made some trouble for me.

On a website LIKE THIS you say... websites like this are magnets for creeps, fakes, and flakes. I am active on a number of adult and fetish websites and getDare has a pretty high ratio of dubious characters in my experience. Any place where there is adult content and free accounts is a place where you want to protect yourself as much as possible.
Yes I understand this, but my point is that this is a problem and we shouldnt have to be struggling to protect ourselves and using fake emails and accounts just so that some creepy guy can't stalk us

Limits pics vids scat illegal family extreme pain public wedgies messy

No I don't have or want kik or skype don't bother asking nor do I want to be your mistress nor slave

m/19 switch

I don't have any toys

AMA My first story

Spoiler:
Lol you just wasted your time opening this
bleonav06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #12
DJ-playmate
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Yes I understand this, but my point is that this is a problem and we shouldnt have to be struggling to protect ourselves and using fake emails and accounts just so that some creepy guy can't stalk us
I agree with you that it shouldn't be a problem, but it's been a problem for ages and probably always will be. Earlier I talked about having paid accounts to reduce creeps and trolls, but on one of my sites that has paid premium accounts, there are actually trolls who make multiple paid accounts, at $20 each mind you, so they can troll with less fear of getting deleted (premium accounts are harder to sanction on that site).

Ironically, it's not only anonymity (or, better said, pseudonymity) that protects us when needed, it is the anonymity of the Internet that allows the worst elements of society to flourish unchecked. People have proposed a space on the web where you need to register your real identity to have an account and use protected sites, but obviously a site like this would die in such a space.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:52 PM   #13
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

Quote:
You have to protect yourself using fake emails and accounts. You also have to lock your doors and windows when you sleep. You also shouldn't leave your valuables unattended.

There is no utopia. We all need to take care of ourselves, or face the consequences. Those who can't take very basic precautions to protect their identity shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.
To play with me, you must be able to prove your gender.

Runesmith's Forgiveness thread - you're gonna need this

My stories:
Non-consensual Roleplay With a Stranger
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Runesmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags