Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 03-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #16
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

He was officially BANNED for 3 accounts and continued posting, even while on probation.

Rowing all day, erry Day
chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #17
Rob

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob

Thank goodness. I do not care how good he is at being a mod, writing HTML, tying his shoes, or telling stories. I do not care that he practically saved the storyboard, which I would thank him for, seeing as it was me who first introduced the idea. I do not care about him. We are lucky that he is gone for good. He may have been the best moderator in the whole wide world, but getDare will never know. There are some people who are so power-hungry they would do anything. Tessdog reminds me somewhat of Hitler, in his quest for power. It really makes me wonder; If we had succomed to his requests to be both a mod and an admin, what would getDare become?

I shouldn't dare think that. That person was a menace and I am glad they are gone.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #18
TrekBoy008
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Tessdog reminds me somewhat of Hitler, in his quest for power.
Don't you think that that comparison is a bit harsh and unjustified. All we are really talking about here is (apparently) a computer nerd who had a bit of a superiority complex.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #19
Rob

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob

And Hitler was an arrogant, evil man with a superiority complex.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #20
depp
SysOp

The only person who can make anyone a moderator is me. I don't have too many currently because it makes things very complicated to follow. Typically people I choose are recommended to me or those that ask and have been around here for a long time.

I have had lots of offers by people to help me work on the site. This is hard for me to do. The site runs on three different scripts and the front page is my own special brand of crazy.

In the future, if you want to be a moderator, show me over time that you would be a great pick. If you have an idea, PM me. I am always open to stuff.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #21
cheesy dude
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
And Hitler was an arrogant, evil man with a superiority complex.
hmmm... what i am about to say may cause alot of croversy but here it goes:

i have done an in depty study of hitler in the lead up to WW2 and during it. To me before the first WW he was pretty normal if not above average intellegance. When he took power in german (though he used erm...some what unusual and crule metgods to win the vote) was quite clever and as seen by many at the time as a hero. He took germany out of the depression and brought it back to been a world power.
I do agree that he was wierd but you gotta admit his foriegn policy was very bloody good! He took back chechzavackia and the rhineland to crowds of cheering german-speakers. (admittedly the only reason britain let him was because the were only going to be ready for war in 1940.)

as a side note: found in hitlers memoirs he clearly says that in 1939 he will go to war with britain and france over poland. (this prooves true)

i cant really be ased to go into any more detail but my point is HITLER was a bad man but he had some cool aspects EG; popular with his people (how many leaders today are +90% popular with there people?), had a good foriegn policy, and damn did he know how to get peoples adrenelin going in his speeches. wow

BUT he was a bad man and he DID order the deaths of over 6million jews, 1million slavs, 30,000 homosexuals and 50,000 disabled people.

just to remind you though when people want to say some 1 is bad or a bit power obseesed HITLER was no where near the worst dictator of the time.

STALIN (the russian leader during and after WW2) killed almost doulble the amout of civilians HITLER killed in his quest for power.

dont really know why i did this but i dont like it when people use hitlers name in a bad way because he had some great qualitys, (im not dening that he was an utter phyco and a bit of a &^*%$£!!!

but there you go. if any one wants to have a discussion over hitler and WW2 or WW1 i would be happy to chat.

thanks for reading all the way to the end :P
cheesy dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #22
Truthgu
Account Banned

Thank you! Someone did there research. I would also Like to add that Hitler was a great Acrhectect. His building idea's were insane. He was going to get rid of all of Berlin and make a new capital. You can read about on the Web or in a book. The Guy was smart but as Jew I find him to be a sick man. ( Also the Russian Dude was evil too. But yet so were most Crusaders and Spartans.) My point. A lot of people turn evil. Hitler became evil after becoming smart. He never learned his lesson. Or at least in time.... I have Learned my lesson. Thank you again for that little bit of histoy...... LOL
Truthgu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:38 PM   #23
Smile Guy
getDare Sweetheart

Anyway, before we go too off-topic...

The thing is, the only reason Tessdog created the last account was to try and contact me and he did seem to be showing signs of genuine repentance. I personally believed we should have allowed the two week probation to go pass and then given him a second chance. (He sounded quite imploring in his PM.) Maybe I'm just being a sucker but I think we should give the guy one more chance -- he sounded genuinely sorry.

Anyway, this sort of conversations should probably move to the mods new private board!
Smile Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:55 PM   #24
Maverick

Send a message via AIM to Maverick Send a message via MSN to Maverick Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick

I'd like to add in two bits on the hitler comment, hitler didn't really have a superiority complex. Most historians believe he actually had an inferiority complex and was quite depressed. I don't think the analogy applies. Try Alexander the Great or someone...
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #25
Truthgu
Account Banned

Smileguy, Thankyou If you ever have a melt down. I shall easily forgive you.... Thanks dude : ) Finally someone who acctualy shows me sympathy!
Truthgu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:09 AM   #26
spat

Send a message via Yahoo to spat

I understand that rules are rules but I always saw us as a forgiving society where each person is afforded the opportunity of a second chance before being put away.
spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #27
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by spat View Post
I understand that rules are rules but I always saw us as a forgiving society where each person is afforded the opportunity of a second chance before being put away.
His account is on a 20 day probation. This is the standard spam probation period. getDare is not changing. Infractions are always a last resort for the staff. 90% of problems here are solved behind the scenes.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #28
depp=noob=lol
Account Banned

i think that what depp is saying is fair.
other people who get a probation wont make an seccond, third or fourth account and just think, ok two weeks no getdare, it is a pity but ok. they take that.
in this case somebody makes more accounts, i dont find it fair that, if you do it that way, your probitation would be cancelled. So i am happy that dare still has the probitation on.
depp=noob=lol is offline   Reply With Quote