Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 05-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #91
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbsman7 View Post
Dear sweet Jesus, I don't even know where to begin. Now you ARE sounding combative, and by no means was I ever intending to sound combative. I want this thread to be an intelligent discussion thread, not a country vs. country thread, or point out all your problems thread. The manner in which your first post wad written was in a fashion of facts. There is big difference between "I think" and "I know." You chose to format yours in the latter.

I only skimmed your post, and I can explain a few of the things that you proposed.

The first being 'Who invited you?' when referring to Wars. One thing you still have to grasp was the intensity of the Cold War. At certain points, the world was on the brink of destruction that we barely avoided. This conflict was mainly between the United States and the Soviet Union, and China was slightly involved, but not as much. Many of your conflicts are Cold War Era Conflicts. This is not the Cold War. Things have changed.

First, the Korean War. The Korean War was a war between the United States/South Korea and North Korea. Given the conditions of North Korea, I'm sure the south is sure as hell glad we stepped in. The country was divided on the 38th parallel at end and was never properly united.

Second, the Vietnam War. We were invited. Twice, actually. Once been the French, and once by what would become the Vietcong. We aided the Democratic Side, and once France got up and left, we still wanted to help out the democratic south. The entire war became twisted by Nixon and Johnson, and they were under very much disapproval by the people. The actions of a country can be blamed on the officials in the government and not on it's citizens.

Shit, I don't feel like going through all this. My point is not to be combative, but to EXPLAIN, not argue. Have you ever read the Gulag Archipelago? You'll understand why the west had every god damned right to break Soviet-Communism. Human Rights Violations and War Crimes on a catastrophic scale were being done, and seeing as there were mainly two super powers in the world at that time, we were one of very few that COULD do something.

Does this show typical American Arrogance? Yes. I am not trying to say everything the United States did, does, or will do is right. I am merely trying to protect the integrity of my own country. Bringing up topics like 'Nam and the Indian Massacres is equivelant of me bringing up Hitler. Big countries have big fuck-ups, that's a fact.

Now. I'm merely asking for everybody to calm down a little bit. I have my fair share of it to do too. This is am INTELLIGENT conversation, not a throw out random insults thread. Thanks!

i dont think he was trying to be combative Chubbs. I think he was just sayin. i knew this thread would fall into this from the moment i saw it. just let him say what he wants to say. what people say here doesnt bother me. just sayin bro.

[IMG=http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/zekrom.jpg]
cbtslave4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk