Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 08-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
depp
SysOp

Default This is why we can't have nice things

Reputation has been disabled. I'm so sick of hearing fucking complaints about it.

FEAR NOT! Reputation will be back later with enhancements that will hopefully solve the current problems. I was hoping on squeezing a few more months in before a getDare upgrade but this will be necessary for the changes I want to do. Expect big change by the end of the month. I will update everyone on possible downtime as I plan a day to fix things.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
qwertypete
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to qwertypete Send a message via Yahoo to qwertypete

Wow... I don't know what to say. Good job, I guess!

You and Chloe do have a very good point, though... a lot of people seem to think they're so much more 'powerful' on a forum, so they can do whatever they want and not care about consequences. Now people should realize that they shouldn't be so mean to new forumers. Why don't people just look at their other posts for trends in spelling, and if they continually spell bad, then maybe give bad rep, maybe.

Last edited by qwertypete; 08-06-2008 at 08:09 PM.
qwertypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
shadoweater

The system should definitely work in a way that senior members or members with better rep themselves will have a greater effect when they rep other people.

(as of 2024, in case I forget to update)
shadoweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
erick92
Distinguished Member

I think the reputation system was great. It showed how much quality a users posts had - but when you start to abuse the system it becoms completely pointless. How is the reputation of a user supposed to be accurate if a member goes around giving -rep to people saying "u dun knw how 2 speel so i -rep u". You don't, can can't. The same goes for things like "Ha! I felt like +reping you!". Now I will admit I am guilty of the second charge, but most of the time gave +rep on good posts, and left a valid comment. Hope everything clears up soon.

23/M/USA
erick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:29 PM   #5
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

Congratulations, everyone. I hope you're all proud of yourself.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #6
tilly07
Account Banned

Thank you for removing rep. It was kind of getting annoying trying to be the best lol. I'm going to admit I have asked for rep.
tilly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #7
Bebe_Gurl
Distinguished Member

Well, I'm currious to see what the new system will be like. And I got really freaked out when I saw that there was no rep and I pm-ed Naughty Chloe. So just ignore my message.
Limits:
Family, Permenent, EXTREEME pain ( I can take a little) I have to b able 2 clean it up easly...oh and nothing illegal
Have: Large butt plug, small butt plug, medium butt plug, diapers, twist ties for my sensitive lil nipples
Bebe_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:55 AM   #8
depp
SysOp

All old rep is still saved. The new system will basically be a ton of new rules to prevent abuse. Reputation will return.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:58 AM   #9
Bebe_Gurl
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
All old rep is still saved. The new system will basically be a ton of new rules to prevent abuse. Reputation will return.
Well good then, mabye a rep change is just what GetDare needs after the huge recent uproar.
Limits:
Family, Permenent, EXTREEME pain ( I can take a little) I have to b able 2 clean it up easly...oh and nothing illegal
Have: Large butt plug, small butt plug, medium butt plug, diapers, twist ties for my sensitive lil nipples
Bebe_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:11 AM   #10
Bandit|Queen
getDare Sweetheart

Don't blame you for disabling it. I think the main thing was using it to give bad rep for stupid things. I got it for a lounge game lol. I think the people abusing it really should just grow up. I don't really understand why bad rep is needed. If you don't like someones post ignore it or say so, don't be a coward and give them bad rep without signing it!

Hampers you sound like my dad

Love you my smooch!
Bandit|Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:37 AM   #11
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempered_sugar View Post
Hampers you sound like my dad
I have something to tell you when you get home...
Old 08-07-2008, 04:01 AM   #12
Bandit|Queen
getDare Sweetheart

Now I am scared to go home!

Love you my smooch!

Last edited by Hampers; 08-07-2008 at 05:20 AM. Reason: sp: 'am' not 'an'
Bandit|Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:45 AM   #13
Davros
Account Banned

I had a reputation comment but I can't read it x.x

Looking forward to the changes Depp's making

Will it cut the amount of rep threads? *fingers crossed*
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #14
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoweater View Post
The system should definitely work in a way that senior members or members with better rep themselves will have a greater effect when they rep other people.
It was already like that. Basically users with higher post counts & rep had the ability to effect more another user's reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickj92 View Post
I think the reputation system was great. It showed how much quality a users posts had - but when you start to abuse the system it becoms completely pointless. How is the reputation of a user supposed to be accurate if a member goes around giving -rep to people saying "u dun knw how 2 speel so i -rep u". You don't, can can't. The same goes for things like "Ha! I felt like +reping you!". Now I will admit I am guilty of the second charge, but most of the time gave +rep on good posts, and left a valid comment. Hope everything clears up soon.
Exactly. I never saw a real problem with the system but more with how it has been used especially the last few months. Aside from the problem I pointed in my thread yesterday I think the problem was more general & that users need to calm down a bit. I have seen also a lot of positive rep being thrown as if they were candies for replies in Lounge games & the likes. It just seemed to me that you could have a higher rep just by having friends on the site no matter what you post... That's why I went out & asked for mine to be disabled yesterday I just felt that the whole thing had no value to it...

Of course, I am curious too to see what the new changes are going to be. But I'm even more curious to see if users will grow up & be able to use it with a bit of better judgment. Quite frankly this rep thing had become bigger than the site with all these rep threads popping up every week not to mention the increasing amount of people begging for rep in posts & sigs... I really hope that this "rep break" will allow everyone to realize that there's more than rep on this site...
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:50 AM   #15
ramsies11
Distinguished Member

same i wanna see the new changes for rep
ill admit i got tired of the old system because i got -rep for a game post and no comment

i think the new rep system will be even better
ramsies11 is offline   Reply With Quote