Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Default DareSlave room... BAN right away

Alright, the dareslave room should not be treated as a lounge, but many people do and it happens almost every day! I think when a mod goes in there, the next person who does not use the room for what is for should get chat banned (I know, sounds a bit harsh, but hey, have to do something about it to get the message across).

I don't know if this should belong in getdare.com or not.

Last edited by lokelake; 07-12-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
MetalGreek
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to MetalGreek

loke....you were just in the dareslave room not talking about m/s or anything close to it at all...
~If being powerless is evil, is having power justice? Is revenge evil? Can friendship coexist with justice?
Lelouch Vi Britannia

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by MetalGreek; 07-12-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
Alright, the dareslave room should not be treated as a lounge, but many people do and it happens almost every day! I think when a mod goes in there, the next person who does not use the room for what is for should get chat banned (I know, sounds a bit harsh, but hey, have to do something about it to get the message across).

I don't know if this should belong in getdare.com or not.
My question is, why do you care? You were in there earlier, and doing the same thing you want others to be banned for. Do you see what might be off about that? I don't really see the harm in people being in there, if anything it brings a little life to a place that is very often silent and I have actually seen on topic discussion not just a blank wall. People are happy.

If a mod has an issue with it they will surely right it in a way that won't cause so much drama, not just an instant banning.

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
war990
getDare Sweetheart

I agree with the person above, but I also think that if you go into the DareSlave lounge and see that the people in it are talking about DareSlavery stuff then I don't think you should go in a try to change the subject, but if you're the only one in there then I think you should be able to start a chat with the next person who comes in and I think it should be able to be about anything.

Limits: No poo, family, friends, extreme pain, cross dressing.

Likes: Light public, discrete friends, light pain, underwear control.

Maybes: Major public, more noticeable friends stuff, mild pain.

Items I own: Jockstrap (with and without cups), speedos, briefs, compression shorts, compression shirt, compression pants, cycling gear, wrestling singlet, butt plugs, dildos, chastity.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:39 AM   #5
Anjelen
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Anjelen Send a message via Yahoo to Anjelen

Loke - i don't dislike you. But more and more i'm beginning to think that you're a douche for your incessant whining and whinging on how GetDare is, and should be run.

As for this particular example - As the previous poster says, if there are too few people in the room to effectively and enjoyably play TorD, then everyone should be free to have a chat while waiting - otherwise the group in the room will stay a group of one or two at most.

People are social animals, Loke. While it would be 'nice' if everyone who filed into that room filed in there and just played TorD - We're not robots and we like social interaction. Wich means talking. Babbling about any and all of a hundred thousand subjects.

It may be a dareslave room - whatever that means in practicality - but if noone's apparantly interrested in dareslavery, then what?

I don't chat here for precisely the reason that there's always some kind of wanker going on about how we should be doing (x) or singing (y) or all suck (z)'s cock - no. I'm here to enjoy myself, not to listen to some social inadept preach.

If that means that the room - or thread - i'm in, go horribly offtopic? So be it. As long as there's an intelligent conversation ongoing still... Moar cowbell!

* How to not be a Dumbinant *
* Here's your chance to ask me anything! *

"It's better to try and fail than to fail to try."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Nunc Intellego --
Old 07-13-2010, 02:15 AM   #6
LilAngel
getDare Addict

Loke, I personally believe that the way it is going is fine. If a mod feels like they should move the conversation to the Lounge, then so be it. If they're fine with it, then whatever. The ban option in the chatroom is only used when we feel someone is either one, dangerous to those they are interacting with, or two, if they are being overly offensive or unreasonable. Of course, there are exceptions.

Contrary to what you may think, the moderators don't like banning people. We do it because it will help getDare grow and prevent trolls.

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
Old 07-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #7
getDare Sweetheart

Well, it is true that speaking lounge talk in the Dare Slave chatroom is against the chat rooms and in turn, an offense, but maybe instant chat banning, as it seems, is a little too harsh on people. (even if it's only an 20 minute ban)

However, i do believe that it is only appropriate for mods to go into the chat room and TELL the people to move it to the lounge. And if they don't wanna listen, then the next best thing would be a chat ban. Even though the Dare Slave frequenters don't complain outright about this, it is only fair for them to have their own room for doing what they need to do, and Loungers/Lounge talk should not be invading. Since we all are pricks to people who come into the Lounge and go all "TORD PLOX", it's only fair that we leave the other rooms alone?

Man, my penis is so big if I laid it out on a keyboard it'd go all the way from A to Z

Ohhhhsnap.

Hello.
444 <3 Softeyes
and we're in a relationship.
So, advances towards softeyes would very much not be appreciated.
TQTQTQ
Old 07-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #8
lokelake
getDare Succubus

@MG

Well yeah, because people who goes to the lounge doesn't stay long before they head over to the ds room.

@Angelen

I am not whining this time. I thought I heard before the ds room should not be treated like a lounge, so I was trying to reinforce that.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Okay, lets keep the conversation on topic and we don't need to be singeling people out.

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #10
keykitty
getDare Sweetheart

I think it is in the mods discretion to choose for who to ban and within what terms. Banning right away would not solve anything. I think a tap on the shoulder like a "Hey can you move to the lounge" before a ban is reasonable. But the others are right...the dare slave room doesn't really come to much use usually except by ex loungers. Plus I don't know if I speak for anybody else or not but when there are people I do not feel like dealing with in lounge, I take comfort knowing I can talk to others in another room who I enjoy. I think writing a thread about this is kind of off the mark too... take this up with a mod.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
max to the extreme

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
Alright, the dareslave room should not be treated as a lounge, but many people do and it happens almost every day! I think when a mod goes in there, the next person who does not use the room for what is for should get chat banned (I know, sounds a bit harsh, but hey, have to do something about it to get the message across). .
yes this happened to me because i wasnt fully aware of the rules and i was banned for a week

ask me or dare me anything: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...883#post331883

ireland

i have household objects

Loves: Dice Dares, Wedgies, Cum, Forced Orgasms, Risky stuff,wedgies
Likes: Some pain, Light Public, Edging, Self Bondage, Some Anal, Nipple torture,
Dislikes(will still do though) : Messy,
Limit: Heavy Public, Friends/Family, Watching gay stuff, Day long Dares, Xtreme pain
Old 07-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #12
busted
getDare Sweetheart

I agree with lokelake that this can be extreamly annoying. If you were to do somethig about I think there's two ways of solving it:

1.) (The nice way) - The real "elite" members of the site (they know who they are) lead by example and go to the correct rooms and even if there's nobody there still just sit there and wait.

2.) ( The harsh way) - Ban every one who goes in the wrong chat room and talks about the wrong thing knowing there doing it for one hour from the chat room.

Just my opinion,
Old 07-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #13
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by max to the extreme View Post
yes this happened to me because i wasnt fully aware of the rules and i was banned for a week

No you didn't read them. Any issues with infractions should be dealt with via pm. Keep this for on topic conversations

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare

Last edited by Manbearpig; 07-14-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #14
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by keykitty View Post
I think it is in the mods discretion to choose for who to ban and within what terms. Banning right away would not solve anything. I think a tap on the shoulder like a "Hey can you move to the lounge" before a ban is reasonable. But the others are right...the dare slave room doesn't really come to much use usually except by ex loungers. Plus I don't know if I speak for anybody else or not but when there are people I do not feel like dealing with in lounge, I take comfort knowing I can talk to others in another room who I enjoy. I think writing a thread about this is kind of off the mark too... take this up with a mod.
I agree. Besides the lounge has been rather slow as of late. A lot of regulars just havn't been on as much recently, so sitting in the lounge waiting for people who just aren't going to show up seems rather useless. I also don't see why anyone should have to sit for hours in a room by themselves when there is another room with pleanty of people to talk to.
If a mod doesn't like it they we make thier opinion known, and deal with it in a rational way.

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
Old 07-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #15
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted View Post
I agree with lokelake that this can be extreamly annoying. If you were to do somethig about I think there's two ways of solving it:

1.) (The nice way) - The real "elite" members of the site (they know who they are) lead by example and go to the correct rooms and even if there's nobody there still just sit there and wait.

2.) ( The harsh way) - Ban every one who goes in the wrong chat room and talks about the wrong thing knowing there doing it for one hour from the chat room.

Just my opinion,
Thank You!! Someone agrees with me! I do like your #1 on the list there and I also like your #2 but I think an hour is a bit too long, maybe 20 min max.
Closed Thread