Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 05-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #31
skankyyy

do some Muslim women wear the hijabs when they go swimming? is it a form of modesty to keep them on while swimming?
skankyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #32
Pingu
Be afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil One View Post
1. I have heard you are not allowed to eat pig and drink alcohol. Is it because it is unclean?
I answered the pork question earlier today. We are not allowed to drink alcohol because of the side effects i.e getting drunk means we can not control our actions and thus potentially sin.

Quote:
2. Why is it forbidden to depict Muhammed. Why is that?
Idolatry is against Islam and hence if there was an image of Prophet Muhammad then people may decide to worship him as he one of the most revered Prophets.

Quote:
3. I think many americans (mostly. sorry, guys) are afraid of wild muslim terrorists and Al Quaeda and Taleban. I was just wondering: Does these organisations have anything to do with Islam, or is it just a cultural enterprise? I don't think muslims are more agressive than other people, I can't see why this should be a religious tendency...
Islamic terrorist organisations basically are upset with "Western" nations being in their countries and interfering etc. To a certain extent they have a point but their arguments fall down when they decide to kill innocent people to further their goals. Twisting Islam to their viewpoint is just a nice little recruitment tool for them. They don't represent Islam really and you can see that by the fact that 99.9 of Muslims don't go around killing innocent people.

Quote:
4. Why do some muslim women wear a burqa?
Islam requests women dress with modesty and thus some women choose to wear Hijab/burqas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankyyy View Post
do some Muslim women wear the hijabs when they go swimming? is it a form of modesty to keep them on while swimming?
I imagine those who wear hijabs wouldn't swim in a mixed sex pool. They would therefore be fine to take it off whilst swimming with other females.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #33
Sharp Nacelle
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Sharp Nacelle

I notice, Pingu, that when you refer to Muhammad you don't say 'peace be upon him'. What are your views on that?
Anonymous secrets
My advert
Sharp Nacelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #34
Pingu
Be afraid

I say it in Arabic, it is quite long to type it that way and not sure many people would understand what I was on about
Old 05-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #35
Sharp Nacelle
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Sharp Nacelle

I've seen many people say 'pbuh', and this of course would be the perfect opportunity to explain it.
Anonymous secrets
My advert
Sharp Nacelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #36
loke
Account Banned

You missed my question Pingu.

I like to humiliate noteworthy!
You all can too, feel free!

Ok, so everyone knows, I been on getdare since October 24th 2008. This is just my new account, thats all. I was lokelake, changed it to loke. So I guess you could say I am still using my same name, just the shortened version of it.
loke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #37
Spitoon

Send a message via MSN to Spitoon Send a message via Yahoo to Spitoon
Default Ramadam vs "Ram It Down"

During Ramadam you can only eat between sunset and sunrise; Right.

So how would a Muslim deal with it if he is on the North or South Pole.

NO puke... blood... animals.... bondage NO ROLE REVERSAL OR SPITTING AT YOU
Spitoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #38
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Question
Is it permissible to have a test tube baby if you are wishing to produce a male child?

I Believed that it was not permissible for a female to show her private parts to anyone unless there is a necessity?

Am I correct by this?
If so whats the answer to the question?

Sorry if awkward question

Love Rachie
♥ x x x x ♥

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:07 AM   #39
Blank
Account Banned

Is it true from a romour I heard that The Taliban and all that have a extremist version of the Quran? Like mormans have thier own bible?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #40
Pingu
Be afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Nacelle View Post
I've seen many people say 'pbuh', and this of course would be the perfect opportunity to explain it.
PBUH stands for Peace Be Upon Him, it's an act of reverence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loke View Post
You missed my question Pingu.
Because you have already asked it earlier in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitoon View Post
During Ramadam you can only eat between sunset and sunrise; Right.So how would a Muslim deal with it if he is on the North or South Pole.
It's an interesting question, one I can not really give an authoritative answer on. At a guess, I would imagine you either don't and then make it up when you are back on "proper" land or follow the timetable for a place close to the N/S Pole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
QuestionIs it permissible to have a test tube baby if you are wishing to produce a male child?I Believed that it was not permissible for a female to show her private parts to anyone unless there is a necessity?
[/COLOR][/B]
Again an interesting question. I believe if the sperm/egg was taken from a husband/wife then it would be ok. In terms of having the female uncover her private parts, I am sure there are female Drs around who can do this but failing that in such medical matters, it is ok for male Dr to perform the procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
Is it true from a romour I heard that The Taliban and all that have a extremist version of the Quran? Like mormans have thier own bible?
There is only one version of the Qur'an so no.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #41
GetdareTEO
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
Islamic terrorist organisations basically are upset with "Western" nations being in their countries and interfering etc.
So you think US and other soldiers should leave the muslim countries? Do you think they helps or cause more damage?
Hard limits: anal, crossdressing, messy/scat, social suicide, hookups, masturbating on video/cam, deepthroating, enemas, excessively time consuming, too public, probably more.
Kik: getdareteo.
GetdareTEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:57 AM   #42
Pingu
Be afraid

I don't want to go into detail on this because technically it isn't really a question about Islam. I believe that the West was justified in attacking Afghanistan because of the 9/11 attacks. Getting involved with Iraq was clearly not justified and if anything has created more propaganda for those who wish to exploit it.

Generally I think the West should say out of other countries buisness as more often than not, their interference either behind the scenes or by blatantly putting in a puppet leader backfires and we end up with some mad dictator.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:27 AM   #43
Blank
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
PBUH stands for Peace Be Upon Him, it's an act of reverence.

Because you have already asked it earlier in the thread.

It's an interesting question, one I can not really give an authoritative answer on. At a guess, I would imagine you either don't and then make it up when you are back on "proper" land or follow the timetable for a place close to the N/S Pole.

Again an interesting question. I believe if the sperm/egg was taken from a husband/wife then it would be ok. In terms of having the female uncover her private parts, I am sure there are female Drs around who can do this but failing that in such medical matters, it is ok for male Dr to perform the procedure.

There is only one version of the Qur'an so no.
I Think Thier is a extremist version online or somewhere, well its just a rumour I heard I will look into it and let you know.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #44
Beautifullymean

Hey, I have quite a few female Muslim friends, and i quite often feel awquard because i do not know the cultural rules or the religious rules that they follow. For instance at one of my friends birthdays I went to give her a hug, and she said she couldnt, I obviously respected her and didn't force the issue or say anything about it, but being fairly good friends with her I felt a little hurt, i suppose the question I have is, what are the rules/traditions for the interaction of men and women and if possible why they exist?

Hopefully if I can understand more I would not walk into a scenario where i would inadvertently offend them

BM

You know you want to try and decode my avatar!!
Beautifullymean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #45
Pingu
Be afraid

They exist because they prevent people sinning or having thoughts that may lead to sinning. Why not ask her to explain a little about Islam and the rules? I am sure she would really appreciate you asking and you could get to know what she feels is appropriate or not for her.

Advertisements
Kink Talk