Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 07-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #1
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Default New idea: Geocaching

Recently, on another board, a Member suggested I should have an avatar, so I searched and found one and have it now.

I found it on google: it is the keys to a chastity belt and I got it from the geocaching site. Someone backalong had put in a geocache for whoever it might be to find it and this be able to access the wearer.

What a fantastic idea I thought for a getDare. But as this was a general idea only, and I don't geocache myself and it is nothing specific just now I wasn't sure on which board to post it. So can someone please advise me or a Mod move it to wherever it seems best.
Greatcornbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:58 PM   #2
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

I need more information on what you are wanting to do before I can tell you where it belongs.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:07 AM   #3
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
I need more information on what you are wanting to do before I can tell you where it belongs.
Thanks. Basically it's to discuss the idea and canvass whether anyone's either tried it or would like to try it on getDare. I know it must have been done elsewhere because my avatar came from the geocaching site! So it's certainly been done there.

It would work like this. It ideally needs getDare members who are either also into geocaching or interested in becoming so or contacts with those who do. And also needs at least one person the who wears or will wear a chastity belt or similar (but who need not go out geocaching her/himself).

The dare starts with the wearer being locked in it and the keys to it taken and hidden in a geocache which the active geocachers try to find. The others do not know who is the wearer who will only be identifiable by a telephone number or whatever contact details attached to the key. What the winner will find will be similar to how my avatar appears. And then, on finding the wearer, the finder gets the option on how, when, and and where the wearer can be freed. And on what terms

Could, for instance, be a dare or punishment imposed by a Dominant on a sub. Dominant locks up sub, sets up the geocache and hides the keys in it, and gives the clues for the geocachers to go and try to find it. Or other variations on this theme.

Last edited by Greatcornbow; 07-06-2018 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:43 AM   #4
darkblue
getDare Sweetheart

Sounds like an interesting idea, but:
Many geocachers are families with children. Be careful with what you write as information on the key, people might simply throw the key away, when they find out the story behind it and children should not know about people who wear chastity cages.
The world is full of people, that are not interested in the things we discuss here.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:11 AM   #5
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblue View Post
Sounds like an interesting idea, but:
Many geocachers are families with children. Be careful with what you write as information on the key, people might simply throw the key away, when they find out the story behind it and children should not know about people who wear chastity cages.
The world is full of people, that are not interested in the things we discuss here.
This is why it's necessary to have the right geocachers. Members here ideally. The avatar pic has 'Chastity Belt' engraved on the tag so presumably the group on this geocache hunt (this one was in Germany - near Hamburg I think)were all adults and broadminded.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:54 PM   #6
darkblue
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatcornbow View Post
This is why it's necessary to have the right geocachers. Members here ideally. The avatar pic has 'Chastity Belt' engraved on the tag so presumably the group on this geocache hunt (this one was in Germany - near Hamburg I think)were all adults and broadminded.
Interesting, I live in Hamburg.
So this was possibly a misunderstanding. If you call yourself a geocacher (I am one), then all caches are available through a central website, geocaching.com. The smartphone apps log in to that site and you have access to all caches in the world.
Your special caches should not appear in this collection, for the reasons I mentioned above. So what would be your way to spread the data of the cache over interested people?
Old 07-07-2018, 03:03 AM   #7
Greatcornbow
getDare Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblue View Post
Interesting, I live in Hamburg.
So this was possibly a misunderstanding. If you call yourself a geocacher (I am one), then all caches are available through a central website, geocaching.com. The smartphone apps log in to that site and you have access to all caches in the world.
Your special caches should not appear in this collection, for the reasons I mentioned above. So what would be your way to spread the data of the cache over interested people?
My idea is it starts off as a special one, not registered. New one created by whoever caches the keys. Special event for day and only notified hunters can go looking for it. Anyone finding it takes the keys, then either cache ceases or finder replaces with vanilla item and cache becomes registered as normal, or cache disappears entirely.