Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 07-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Microphone getDare Video

This will be a controversial idea and some may love it, some may hate it.

My suggestion is, somehow, getDare Video.

We've got everything else - a forum, blogs, profiles and albums.

I just though it'd be a cool way to do a few things. Someone, a while ago, suggested we have a video in our profile which allows us to personally greet and welcome people, or say a message, or whatever. So it could be used for that. Or it could be used for people doing dares.

Now, of course, the security and rules would have to be extremely strict. But we manage to have albums which are PG13 due to the moderating team, so I'm sure videos would be moderated in the same manner with any nudity (or explicit content) being removed/trashed/deleted/whatever.

So...

Moderators will have more to do. True, but as with photo albums, there could be an option to moderate videos whenever they have the time. Have a waiting queue or something. Or have specific moderators dedicated to video and albums. Limit users to uploading one video per week (sounds a bit shit but it'd be a realistic way of allowing moderators to deal with them).

The server won't handle it. A safe bet and probably correct. I don't know though. Only depp or an admin would be able to answer this. Maybe an off-site collaboration somehow, somewhere. An extension to getDare.

I thought about having a small fee to help run it all but this is a PG13 idea and asking 13/14/15...year olds for money is just never going to happen. So maybe offer an option for donations and just start with a trial run, or something.

Anyway, I'll quit rambling. I've thrown enough of my thoughts out there. As I said, it's a "love it or hate it" idea but, even if nothing comes of it, it's good to discuss.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to Slenderman - Doctor for this post:
Old 07-25-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
Night-1991
Account Banned

It's a good idea and i can see it working, but people would be abusing it.

Like "Hi im gav and this is mah 12" dick"
Night-1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-1991 View Post
It's a good idea and i can see it working, but people would be abusing it.

Like "Hi im gav and this is mah 12" dick"
Hence moderation Like the albums.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
depp
SysOp

Doing most video stuff would require a second server. I jut can't afford more than we have now. I have been looking a little into cloud hosting type solutions to pull this off but any implementation would be a ways down the road. This is something I would like to do at some point.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #5
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
Doing most video stuff would require a second server. I jut can't afford more than we have now. I have been looking a little into cloud hosting type solutions to pull this off but any implementation would be a ways down the road. This is something I would like to do at some point.
Fair points - it's nice to hear you have long-term plans/ideas for the site
Old 07-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
lokelake
getDare Succubus

A good idea in theory but it would never work I will tell you why.

Since it will be moderated like pics, chances are there will be more bad vids than actual good ones so the mods will be too busy (the bad way) and it will be hard to keep up. And they will just get tired of it and get annoyed by it. The mod army is not big enough to handle the bad (naughty) video army that I fear would come marching in if this would have been implemented in the near future.

Last edited by lokelake; 07-25-2010 at 05:14 PM.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #7
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post

Since it will be moderated like pics, chances are there will be more bad vids than actual good ones so the mods will be too busy (the bad way) and it will be hard to keep up. And they will just get tired of it and get annoyed by it. The mod army is not big enough to handle the bad (naughty) video army that I fear would come marching in if this would have been implemented in the near future.
Depp already said this isn't a near future thing however. I truly like the idea. Contrary to popular belief, majority of the pictures we get to moderate aren't that bad and we usually warn the users who do anyways and then they don't. If Depp has time for this, I would love to see it added

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #8
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Depp already said this isn't a near future thing however.
I know, i read that. I was just putting down my thoughts about it.

And I do think that will be somewhat cool. But, don't you think it will get kind of annoying if a lot of profiles has a video playing especially if the all those videos say something along the lines of, "Welcome to my profile!"

Maybe, if I could add something to the suggestion. Make it so the video doesn't play automatically, but you have to manually play it.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #9
Catalyst
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Catalyst Send a message via Yahoo to Catalyst

Lokelake had some interesting points, for once.

I think its a cool idea, not sure how many users would do it, but could be interesting. What about just an audio portion? I think more people would use that, as more people have a mic than a cam, I would think. Maybe its the same number, who knows?

Depp would probably have to get a few more mods to help out with the new additions, but it wouldn't be too tough.

Limits: Scat, Messy, Involving Others, Face pictures, Extreme public, Extreme pain

Likes: Anal, Humiliation, Pain, Edging, Cumming, Sounding, Pee Play

Toys: multiple sizes of dildos and plugs, sounding rods, clamps, etc
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:09 AM   #10
submissive_puppy

I don't know if it might work or not..It works on collarme

18/M/Europe

light pain, puppy training, bondage, role play, CBT, NT,daily activities' control,chastity
extreme pain, wax play,
anal, cross dressing, pee, poo, cum eating, public

Toys I have: duct tape, ropes, cloth pegs, belts,weights
staples , pins, rulers and others
submissive_puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #11
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:

Before I read MBP's reply, I'll reply with my thoughts.

You raise good points. However, it isn't hard to moderate. I'm guessing with albums, moderators can simply "accept" or "decline" each photo. I'd hazard a guess to the idea that they can accept a whole album, instead of each individual photo (but I'll hold my hands up - that's a guess, I could be wrong). But that system could be used for videos.

Also, I suggested a limit of one video per user per week. So that makes it easier? Also, if under 18s abuse it and keep trying to upload explicit/nude videos, well, ban them. Or probate them. Or warn them. Maybe have a warning and then a ban. If people can't stick to rules, well, get rid of them. This is what I mean by "being strict".

That, or if some users repeatedly try and upload 18+ rated videos, just disable them from being able to use the system. Or, as I also suggested, have video-specific mods, or get an extra mod who'd be happy to be primarily in control of albums and videos.

So you do raise good points but there are ways to manage and control these things if done correctly.

Quote:
Depp already said this isn't a near future thing however. I truly like the idea. Contrary to popular belief, majority of the pictures we get to moderate aren't that bad and we usually warn the users who do anyways and then they don't. If Depp has time for this, I would love to see it added
Well you just said what I was thinking. And if there are imposed strict rules (possible warnings and ban regulations in place for any who abuse the system), it'd be fine.

Quote:
And I do think that will be somewhat cool. But, don't you think it will get kind of annoying if a lot of profiles has a video playing especially if the all those videos say something along the lines of, "Welcome to my profile!"

Maybe, if I could add something to the suggestion. Make it so the video doesn't play automatically, but you have to manually play it.
That would be the option. Like YouTube. The video on the profile is a seperate idea. Maybe have that as an optional thing for those who donate to the site (like those with custom user notes beneath their names and extra storage space). My suggestion, or thought, would be some sort of "getDare Tube" with archived videos and video descriptions. Maybe a smaller version of the old "favourites" and "subscriptions". Not on the same scale as YouTube, obviously, but something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
I think its a cool idea, not sure how many users would do it, but could be interesting. What about just an audio portion? I think more people would use that, as more people have a mic than a cam, I would think. Maybe its the same number, who knows?

Depp would probably have to get a few more mods to help out with the new additions, but it wouldn't be too tough.
Audio could be good. I'm not sure if this would be easier and require less room but I'd guess it would. Maybe give all users a 2-minute audio allowance or something per upload per week. There are lots of ideas which could spiral out from the "media" side. I mean, we've got the written stuff (forums and blogs), and we've got albums and photos, so "video and audio" would be the next step, logically, maybe.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #12
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

I think that is a wonderful idea, it seems complicated, but it would be awsome if it worked out.

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
nellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #13
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I know I'd put videos up, I love to ramble. And it really isn't that hard to moderate pictures so I guess it wouldn't be with videos, moderation is the simplest thing to do.
Other than that, obviously it costs money for servers and junk so it's most likely not going to happen.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Last edited by BettyBoop; 07-28-2010 at 01:17 PM.
BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:53 AM   #14
Wedgies123456789

My idea is, if this is ever were to happen (and would be awesome if it did), then we could possibly increase the number of Mods. I'm not entirely sure how Mods become Mods (or even if new Mods can be added), but if we have more, they can compensate the incoming flux of new content.

But if what Manbearpig said is true:
Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, majority of the pictures we get to moderate aren't that bad and we usually warn the users who do anyways and then they don't.
Then why do we need more?

Just an idea

And what depp said was true. This would require more servers, but some people don't understand the complexity of video uploading. On AVERAGE, 5 videos could easily become 1 gigabyte (if anyone speaks tech language). Youtube on itself must have at least 500 servers. Unless depp gets a GIANT server, I don't think that even a small server can handle all the videos

A solution to this is a compression technique.
1) Require the video to be a small file making the uploader compress it themselves. This might be hard to do because not all people are tech-savvy
2) Compress ALL incoming videos.

Coming from a nerd himself!
Wedgies123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:33 AM   #15
Antiperson
Account Banned

simple thought - is there something like yahoo groups which people could choose to join alongside here.....?
Antiperson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
albums, extension, getdare, movie, video