Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories > The Authors' Cafe

Old 06-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
chubbsman7

Default Too quickly progressing?

Is it me, or is the trend of TorD Forums (Stories), getting WAY to out of hand? I mean, it's always STRAIGHT to the dick sucking and sex. I started out my first story like that, and decided not to continue. I have a second story written, and it has 110 views, and has ZERO replies. People always want the sex and etc. first. If you want that, then go to kinktalk. Anyone agree with me?
chubbsman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to chubbsman7 for this post:
Old 06-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I think some of them do, but then again you're missing the good stories that don't. That are actually written well before jumping into the sex. Though it is sad that the art of writing a good well written story has been diminished.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
chubbsman7

Yeah. I actually read a lot of good stories, like those from... Crap. I forget it. I'm trying to avoid all the sex and all, and gradually progress in to something else. Like I'm going to change all the views in the story. For instance, now it's at where James is 1st person. I might change that to Ellen next. I just don't get it why everything has to revolve so much around first paragraph blowjob.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
LilAngel
getDare Addict

I agree. Which is one of the reason why I changed the direction of my story, so that it would not involve almost any sex at all. I know that stories don't have to be on blowjobs and sex, to make people aroused, and I'll continue to try and prove that.

Your story is good and well written, so it's a shame you don't get comments.

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
LilAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
Komodo Jones
getDare Succubus

Hmmm...actually no I have to disagree with you about going to Kinktalk, as people under 18 can't get there. I will admit that there are a lot of stories that just go to the sex and seriously just rush into these things. Some of these are great some of these are lame and I do enjoy some of the stories that don't rush straight into sex. Like for example "The Experiment" by jackfromnyc, 5 star rated stories and the first few chapters don't deal with sex at all. On the other hand there are many five star rated stories that jump right into sex. I will say that I tried to take my time as I only hinted to sex once in the first chapter of my story and it wasn't much. In the second chapter it was more sex-oriented but it wasn't real hardcore as some of the sutff on here is. I almost always rate the stories that I read. Like Bella said you have to look for the excellent stories that don't rush headstrong into XXX material right away. I'm not going to say whether this trend is bad or not. The way I see it, I rate stories mainly on how well they're written not by how fast they rush into things.

38/male/partially bi/switch
D/s Status: Protector, Dom and Daddy of pixie.dust

I love meeting new, nice, smart people. I communicate through Discord mainly.

What are my limits/likes/supplies?
Click here!

Check Out my Literary Works
Targeting the Ignored [Fiction]
Some Stuff I've Done (Non-Fiction)
Komodo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
dragonator
getDare Devil

im gonna have to disagree with you because,as komodo said, under 18s (like myself) cant get into kink talk so thats not always an option and we like that kind of stuff in the stories (i do and i assume a lot of people do because of some of the comments ive seen) but i also disagree for atleast some of us, if not most going by the posts on this thread it sounds like most do, the reason wer readsing is to ge aroused so why wait? im not an author so u might throw my opinion out the window but i had to share it as a reader

i must do any dare that i get as long as this is a part of my signiture
I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.

Last edited by dragonator; 07-10-2009 at 09:49 PM.
dragonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
milkdat

Lightbulb Another non writer opinion

Again another non-writer mucking up this thread but from my opinion as a reader I completely agree with u chubbs, the point of these stories imo is to combine entertainment with being aroused. I may in some cases aroused by "straight to sex" stories but arousal doesnt mean I'm mentally enjoying it and for me the story has to be well written, well paced, and well thought through to turn me on and allow me to enjoy the story
milkdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
chubbsman7

I'm actually a fan of JackfromNYC (I think) story, "The Experiment". What I meant was kind of, the story doesn't necessarily progress to fast. "The Experiment" was a well written story that didn't progress TOO fast to certain parts.

What I'm putting out there is, for instance. I would like to use some stories as an example, but I'm not going to put the creative juices down. You can go to the normal story board (non 18+) and find 50+ stories that literally have someone giving a blowjob on the first paragraph, written with horrible grammar, etc. That's what I'm trying to put across.

A person as an author should at least try to convey their imagination with decent grammar, first.

No offense to any Homosexual's that have read or posted in this thread, but IS usually the ones that involve a lot of gay sex.

NOT that mine aren't going to include this. If you've read any of my stories (which are very incomplete) you'll find I'll be willing to post anything to make the reader more interested.

I am (if you haven't noticed already) making a trilogy, with the third chapter in the series to be started.

I'm just saying, a lot of stories are consisting of mainly a one line intro, then three characters are having a full blown orgy at someones house. That's what I'm not a fan of.

Oh, and whoever posted something about kinktalk, those ARE specifically about sex, so I'm fine with those, because anything on inktalk is specifically for sex stories.

...And So Summer Starts (Lauren's View)

With these stories, I'll try to update every Monday or so. It depends on my work schedule, really. But I'll post as often (as appropriate, definitely not everyday!) as I can!

Also: A side project of mine:

The In The Black Fedora
Old 07-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #9
Komodo Jones
getDare Succubus

That would be a combination of you and me actually who mentioned kinktalk. But I totally agree with you, there needs to be more than one line before sex starts. In some of the stories on this site, are completely horrendous and atrocious as grammar and spelling goes. I have only started writing one story but I try to proofread my posts before submitting them. You can't rush straight into sex as some people put pictures in their mind and they want to know what the characters are like. With just pure sex and no surrounding details helping the story it's just really not worth reading sometimes.

38/male/partially bi/switch
D/s Status: Protector, Dom and Daddy of pixie.dust

I love meeting new, nice, smart people. I communicate through Discord mainly.

What are my limits/likes/supplies?
Click here!

Check Out my Literary Works
Targeting the Ignored [Fiction]
Some Stuff I've Done (Non-Fiction)
Komodo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
quidproquo

In my opinion, the most important thing to remember is that art imitates life. I know from personal experience that sometimes a situation does spiral into full blown sex or other heavy stuff within half an hour or less. Sometimes it's interesting to start there because the character feels that is where the story starts. They wonder how they got into this mess, and the follow up isn't clear.

However, the major issue I have is with the idea that sex is the culmination of the story. If you enjoy up doing your ex girlfriend fifteen minutes after you open the door and you write about the amazing sex, you are not done. They story is about what happens afterward, about the uncertainty and hurt and confusion and how the two of them grow as people from the experience and the suspense of whether they get back together or not and how that happens and what they do then.

To say it another way, I think the problem is that people don't understand what makes a story end. So they begin their story with what they would like to be the end. They need to either begin earlier and get to the end, or use what they are thinking of as the end as the beginning to a much larger and more complex story dealing with the reprocussions of a flash orgy and how the characters interact thereafter.

I try to incorporate this idea into my writing. If you look at my story, the first game of truth or dare (Chapter 2 maybe?) would commonly have been the end of the story where the couple gets it on and all is over. I tried to make it an introductory chapter which establishes the characters relationship with each other and develops the character of Leah.

If we could do this more with some of the 'sexy' beginnings, I think they might work better as beginnings.
quidproquo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk