Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 06-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #31
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune View Post
That is a good idea, but even that is not an airtight method. The only way to be 100% sure the person you are talking to is real, is to be face to face and not over a computer.

But what you sujested will cut out a lot of the fakes. A hell of a lot of them.
Unless you asked them to do the YMCA or something random.
Either way, something should be done I think.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #32
Rune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
Unless you asked them to do the YMCA or something random.
Either way, something should be done I think.
What I was getting at is, how do you know the person you are getting to verify on the web cam the person who is going to be using the account? The short answer is that you can't and you have to trust that that is the person.
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #33
TorD4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune View Post
What I was getting at is, how do you know the person you are getting to verify on the web cam the person who is going to be using the account? The short answer is that you can't and you have to trust that that is the person.

Ok, you won't be 100% sure, but you'd be 99.9% sure, which for most is good enough, and a whole hell of a lot better than the 0% sure you are without an option to verify.

78% of internet users have webcams, the other 22% are obviously getDare's "female" users
TorD4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #34
Emma

Ye but some guys can have very feminine faces, ya cant always be 100% sure!

I like the verification idea though, sounds good!
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #35
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Ye but some guys can have very feminine faces, ya cant always be 100% sure!

I like the verification idea though, sounds good!
Well you could show the top half of your body, you'd be wearing clothes obviously, but you'd have boobies.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #36
darekingkentuk

Im new and thanks for the heads up on this... it does seem that getdare has more male users than females and most females shy away from any cam activities...
darekingkentuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #37
TorD4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorD4life View Post
Is there anyway that users could verify themselves to members of the Mod team and if they do so they get some kind of symbol added to their profile.

For example you'd go on cam and one of the mods would ask you to do some random non-sexual stuff to prove you're real. Blink, wave, clap hands, anything really. That way if somebody doesn't want to go on cam for the "general public" at least they will know they are talking to the real deal.

Those who don't have cams, or have "broken cams" simply can't verify themselves... deal with it, or buy a cheap cam for $10!
Can I ask if the Forum Team/Admins have considered doing anything like this yet?

78% of internet users have webcams, the other 22% are obviously getDare's "female" users
TorD4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #38
Stripperman

Default Great thread

This is a great thread, and I have caught more than one cheater, members who say they are female. I agree with anyone who does not want to show their face and I do respect that limit. But like others when I hear my webcam is broken, or my sister has my webcam, or I loande it to my friend or, I have had it taken away from me because I got caught doing a dare, I have to borrow my neighbors, or it crashes my computer, yes gang I have heard ALL of theses. So sad.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #39
sk0073r
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to sk0073r

My opinion? Dont even ask for webcam, unless you are compleatly sure they are who they say they are. Like, for example, someone with 3 posts versus someone with 300 posts. Whos most likely to be lieing here?

Quote:
Well you could show the top half of your body, you'd be wearing clothes obviously, but you'd have boobies.
Some men have boobies
lol.

Teasing, JOI, edging, little pain, mild anal, bondage

Mild pain, femdom, diaper

Messy, public, involving others, illegal, humiliation
sk0073r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #40
Bigman72

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranadevil View Post
Interesting, I never even knew about that, so thanks for the heads up.

One thing I have always laughed at is the amount of "girls" who have a webcam but "It's broken at the moment, and so's the digital camera, I'll get them fixed soon", the first girl I said fair enough to... by the 3rd who wound up saying the exact same thing in the course of a week, I realized that it's getting a bit stupid now.
hahahahaha you are 100% correct

Limits: Family, Friends, Messy, Major Public, Scat, Social Suicide, Work Interference

Likes: BDSM, Pain Slut, Anal, Outdoors, Nudity, CBT, Nipple Torture, Urethra Sounding, TEMPORARY BODY MODS such as Play Piercing w/ Cock or Nipples, Cross-Dressing, Pee, Wax Play, Performing on Cam

Kik:bigman7280
Bigman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #41
Dark_Baron

Send a message via MSN to Dark_Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripperman View Post
when I hear my webcam is broken, or my sister has my webcam, or I loande it to my friend or, I have had it taken away from me because I got caught doing a dare, I have to borrow my neighbors, or it crashes my computer, yes gang I have heard ALL of theses. So sad.
So true indeed...
Dark_Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #42
May

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareboy2 View Post
I don't know what others are like but when i ask for someone to go on cam it has nothing to do with me wanting to see them do anything, i just want them to go on cam so i know that they're not some weird 50 year old guy pretending to be a teen girl.
I hate this sort of double standard in the t or d, s/m world where the slave is required to be on cam and the master/mistress doesn't even have to prove they are who they are (that where its the slaves responsibility to say no and not stand for this behavior)
I agree. Though I am fortunate that my Master shows himself, and proves he is who he is, and I always show myself to my slaves.

}Fiction{ .Angel.
~Fetlife~
~Blog~

I swear we cannot wake up from this hell that we live in.
But when the sun finally hits our face, we see that we were only reflections of reflections left by our predecessors.

This is what it feels like.
This is disintegration.
This is what it feels like.
This is isolation.

[11:58:01] raziel1988: ‹@May› the getdare radio mascot. (unofficially)
May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:45 AM   #43
theone
getDare Succubus

I can’t see any of the methods suggested, actually working.

The person showing to the mod’s can be a different person to that using the account. Devious people are well, devious.

Showing your top half. What about small or flat chested girls, or boys that will stuff things up their clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorD4life View Post
Those who don't have cams, or have "broken cams" simply can't verify themselves... deal with it, or buy a cheap cam for $10!
No, I honestly think you should deal with it, because cams are not some magical foolproof verification system. Unless you are suggesting mod’s should ask a person to zoom their cam into their genitals or such, every time they login.

Really, if you are doubtful then don’t take the risk. I think it's unreasonable to ask mod’s to validate the authenticity of a person and give some sort of a pseudo guarantee. Especially if that would then lead some users to assume total safety, or near, has been established.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals
interpreted by your brain. Morpheus (The Matrix).

Will Try: Tea
Limits: Will not eat baby food.

Last edited by theone; 10-05-2009 at 02:24 PM.
theone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #44
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

These "lies" you keep talking about, could maybe be the girl saying she doesn't want to cam with you in a nice way. Rather than telling you to pee off.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #45
Krystal
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
These "lies" you keep talking about, could maybe be the girl saying she doesn't want to cam with you in a nice way. Rather than telling you to pee off.
I've done that countless times. Seriously no one takes "no" for an answer. No means No, it does not mean ask me "Why?" 30 times, maybe I'll change my mind.

Saying it's broken, not working is usually the only way to finally get someone to not pursue it further.

Though fortunately now i've learned to just avoid the trouble and answer the first question of "Do you have one?" with a simple "No, I do not"

So really when so many give "it's broken, parents took it, etc" as excuses. It''s not suspicious, people just can't take the hint.

The bottom line is if you don't trust the person you chat with, than just don't chat with them, and if you don't trust anyone, than well lets be honest you have issues.

♥♥♥ My FormSpring ♥♥♥

Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote