Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 05-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #31
snup
getDare Sweetheart

Exactly, there is no way to prove you are who you say you are and how old you are.

I am part of a forum that has a large number of people who are under 18, unless they put in a age its hard to sort the B/S from fact. even then you cannot PROVE the age
snup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #32
LilAngel
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snup View Post
Exactly, there is no way to prove you are who you say you are and how old you are.

I am part of a forum that has a large number of people who are under 18, unless they put in a age its hard to sort the B/S from fact. even then you cannot PROVE the age
I think something about this is going to be done in Unification.

Or something about being able to prove your age to a mod. *whacks brain*

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
LilAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #33
achmed
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to achmed

something should be none. i cant think of a way though.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #34
depp
SysOp

A lot of things to comment on here but I need to keep this short.

getDare is aimed at a younger crowd. This is why I eventually broke off parts of the site into what is now KinkTalk. You can't stop the creepy old people so the only other solution I know of is to create a place for adults and a place for young adults. The majority of users will naturally fit where they best belong as a result.

Unification will be back in development soon (I know many of you feel Unification is getDare's Duke Nukem Forever but progress has and will be made) and with it will come a private age & identity verification option. This will give people the chance to prove who they say they are. This will give people the option to prove they really match what they say.

I don't want another S/M section for the above reasons. People will always lie so it would never work. There has never been an easy answer to this problem and I don't think there ever will be. getDare is headed in a good direction and we will see where it takes us.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #35
achmed
Account Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
A lot of things to comment on here but I need to keep this short.

getDare is aimed at a younger crowd. This is why I eventually broke off parts of the site into what is now KinkTalk. You can't stop the creepy old people so the only other solution I know of is to create a place for adults and a place for young adults. The majority of users will naturally fit where they best belong as a result.

Unification will be back in development soon (I know many of you feel Unification is getDare's Duke Nukem Forever but progress has and will be made) and with it will come a private age & identity verification option. This will give people the chance to prove who they say they are. This will give people the option to prove they really match what they say.

I don't want another S/M section for the above reasons. People will always lie so it would never work. There has never been an easy answer to this problem and I don't think there ever will be. getDare is headed in a good direction and we will see where it takes us.
wow thanks depp. this is the first taste i have gotten on unification. if you do not mind me asking, how will you prove your age? i think this is an altogether great idea, keep it up! i cant wait for the new sitet!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #36
depp
SysOp

Age verification will come in the second half of Project Unification and will be strictly optional for users. This verification will be done in a private and semi-automated enviorment to prevent leaks of personal information. Thats all I want to say at the moment. It is the one big Unification feature I have not yet begun to implement and will be done after the bulk of the upgrades go live. Phase one of Unification is 75% complete and only needs about a week from me to finish. I should have that week here soon (I hope).
Old 05-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #37
achmed
Account Banned

Quote:
Age verification will come in the second half of Project Unification and will be strictly optional for users. This verification will be done in a private and semi-automated enviorment to prevent leaks of personal information. Thats all I want to say at the moment. It is the one big Unification feature I have not yet begun to implement and will be done after the bulk of the upgrades go live. Phase one of Unification is 75% complete and only needs about a week from me to finish. I should have that week here soon (I hope).
great im glad to hear some more about it. i cant wait do u need any help with anything? getdare has been good to me and i want to give back
Old 05-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #38
depp
SysOp

Thanks for the offer but the only thing I need to make improvements is time. I should have a little more of it soon so hopefully things will start going live.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #39
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Thanks for the offer but the only thing I need to make improvements is time. I should have a little more of it soon so hopefully things will start going live.
Too bad once the ol'summer school starts your time may be less. Don't worry, I will be at crappy summer school also.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:51 AM   #40
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I like the sound of this Age Verification thingy. I like updates and such.
I get bored easily.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #41
Ciandon

Wow, I was completely unaware this had a cool codename. Although it's probably best not to compare this to Duke Nukem, seeing as 3D Realms just died...
Old 05-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #42
wannabeslave
Account Banned

I like this idea too. I'd love to see a board for under-18s.

PM me with your dares!

I will NOT send pics, so don't ask.
wannabeslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #43
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

So I guess it's case closed?

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote