Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Advice Section

Old 09-14-2022, 04:00 PM   #1
pluky
getDare Devil

Post What are the different ways to play here ?

So after being here for a few weeks here are the ways that I gathered :

1- you can contact/get contacted by a Dom/Sub and do whatever both of you want privately, in a short or long term type of exchange

2- you can make a list of PM dares that people send you PMs about, still unexplored for me but I get the general idea I think

3- you can make a thread with a specific request or coming up with a game that you instaure the rules of, such as "every post is + edge"

4- you can find a thread someone else made, usually a Dominant, where they are giving out instructions in some way, along with their own terms for their game

5- you can play messenger games like "Kik edge on command" or such

Is there anything else I'm not aware of ?

About kik games : I don't want people who don't have a GD account to contact me for kik games which are aimed at the users of this site.

Also, I do not respond to accounts that aren't at least as old as mine.

29 F
Likes, Dislikes, Limits.
pluky is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to pluky for this post:
Old 09-14-2022, 04:10 PM   #2
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

quite similar to number one - you can also just meet people through the chat, discord or even forums and then foster a relationship down the line or have a little one off play in those arenas.

or similarly to 3+4 you can have a versus thread where you're 'competing' against another person and waging bets or reaching a goal with other posters assistance.

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.

Last edited by lola.fox; 09-14-2022 at 04:53 PM.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to lola.fox for this post:
Old 09-14-2022, 06:29 PM   #3
Kisune Karnon
GetDare Ninja

There is also the Loser has to threads or Person above threads where you follow the theme of the thread by either being included in a certain task/dare and/or give one yourself to match the theme.

Male/Married/Straight/Switch/32/190 lbs

Likes and Limits
Toys (So Far)
PM Dares
Utilizing Keywords Version 3
Kik: Kisune22

My goal is to give good dares and receive them because that is how I enjoy the game.
I will send reports when I choose to or if I am asked.
If you give me a repeated dare or a "do your own dare,"
I will be very disappointed because I like to be surprised and challenged.

Kisune Karnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 10:22 PM   #4
SageLeech
Longtime User

There are also the role play threads though I think any more they are mainly as you describe in #1 though in the past I know there were a few ongoing threads of actual roleplay.

Likes,Dislikes,Limits
My Tools

PM Dares

KIK: ieech
Twitter: @SageSwitches
SageLeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:26 AM   #5
redcamel
getDare Addict

A variant of 2):

instead (or additionally) to the list of PM dares, you can say that you receive PM dares, that keep in account your likes/dislikes and limits

This is good because GD guys fantasy is vivid, and it can break the limits of a pre-defined list of PM dares. Eventually you can reserve the right to negotiate the terms of the requested dares, and/or define a forfeit if you decide to refuse them.
redcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 10:39 AM   #6
Sabina
Distinguished Member

Hello Pluky

maybe are some more options/variants of what previous described by you and other members:

Hot potato
It is a sequence of increasing task/Rule/conditions, they cumolate untill someone BOOM it and who was last to post, must do it.
Generally they are thematic or specificall subjects

Write a poll
Here who open a poll set a pre-defined set of options/conditions/situations and set a period of time where post is up, and wait members to vote it.
There is some setting like allow multiple choice or only single choice, and poll anonymous or public (the user name of all voters appear at side of what option they vote)
In the text you write for description, you may add a sort of “MILESTONES”
This specifically was suggested years ago from a Dom, and it work in very easy way:
Over certain quantity of votes or number of vote you recieve, another pre-defined or pre-determined condition is to becomme effective to increase risk/difficulty of the basik idea/plot

Cassandra’s “Add thread free for all”
This was idea of Cass, to have a thread the most generic and not specific, to adapt at every gender/role/mood/idea, and where everybody can make her/his promise and define the time of duration.
All and every post after the promise, add something, according to wat is established in the promise.
There is possibility to insert KEYWORDS and if who post after it, may mention it to add specific things.
In this thread, who post may not be involved directly in dares or risk of involve if not want, but simply add something according at the promise(s) operating in the specific moment.
Cassandra in the first page explain much better of me, how this work and is one very supportive member active here on GD, and I thank her.
Careful: this thread some time super crowded, some time super lazy or inactive for days, so not easy to predict how many people post after you every day

I hope it can be usefull to you and everybody, and sorry my very bad English!
I know someone use to read whot and how I write as a form of torture LOL

Take care
Miss Sabina
Soft limits: pissing,breathplay,figging
Limits:very explicit public,show face in pics/vids, blood,blackmail,illegal,family,scat,any dangerous
Hate:who want to be right at any cost.

PM DARES HERE!

Last edited by Sabina; 09-15-2022 at 11:38 AM.
Sabina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 04:11 PM   #7
pluky
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcamel View Post
A variant of 2):

instead (or additionally) to the list of PM dares, you can say that you receive PM dares, that keep in account your likes/dislikes and limits

This is good because GD guys fantasy is vivid, and it can break the limits of a pre-defined list of PM dares. Eventually you can reserve the right to negotiate the terms of the requested dares, and/or define a forfeit if you decide to refuse them.
That's very good to know, I was wondering how much responsibility we are held to once we do say we are open to those PM dares, especially if I start getting an unreasonable amount, which as a female here is not unlikely.

About kik games : I don't want people who don't have a GD account to contact me for kik games which are aimed at the users of this site.

Also, I do not respond to accounts that aren't at least as old as mine.

29 F
Likes, Dislikes, Limits.
pluky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 02:56 AM   #8
redcamel
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluky View Post
That's very good to know, I was wondering how much responsibility we are held to once we do say we are open to those PM dares, especially if I start getting an unreasonable amount, which as a female here is not unlikely.
Good point, and the amount increases proportionally to the quality of the reports.

In fact you could also put a cap on the number of dares you can accept each day, the exceeding ones wil be discarded. They wouldn't be automatically shifted to the following days, but could be proposed again the day after and so on.
redcamel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk