Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Lounge Games

Old 02-15-2019, 03:29 PM   #1
kaladinxxx

Default GD Mafia Sign-ups

So, I’ve seen and played this game on other forums, and I thought that everyone here might like to play it as well. It goes by a couple different names, usually werewolf or mafia, but it’s basically an elimination game.

The way it plays is, you have a group of people (villagers, as they're typically called) and some of them are actually enemies, but no one knows who. It is turn based, following a night/day schedule. At the end of each turn, the Game Master (me, in this case) will do a write up that details what took place during that night or day turn. The objective is for the villagers to kill all of the enemies or for the enemies to outnumber the number of villagers.

How It Works
The game is split into two sections, Day and Night. Both the Day and Night cycles will be 47 hours long. After each cycle, there will be a 1 hour layover so that I can sort through everything. Anything posted after the end of a cycle will not be counted as part of that cycle.

During the Night, players use their night actions (when their character has them) by a Private Message to me. There will be x Mafia members (depending on number of participants), and the rest will be villagers. The enemies get to try to kill one person per night. The Mafia members will know who all the other Mafia members are and the villagers have no knowledge of who anyone else is when the game begins.
During the Day, all players hold a "town meeting" to discuss amongst themselves who might be the enemies. This means they will debate openly in the game thread, votes are placed and one person is killed off. Voting is done by stating who you want to be killed and posting it in red. If you change your mind, you have to rescind your previous vote in green before you can vote for someone else and then can vote for someone else again in red.
Players holding Special Roles must be careful in persuading other members to vote without revealing themselves (or they might be targeted next round by the surviving enemies). At the end of the day, the player who received the most votes is killed and their alignment and role is revealed, if they had a role. If there is a tie, no one is killed.

Obviously, as I already stated, it is a game of obfuscation and lies. The enemies are trying to fool everyone during the day round into killing one of their own and keeping themselves hidden, while everyone else is trying to find and kill off the enemies before they outnumber the villagers that are left. For the game to be entertaining though, you have to follow fair play rules.
As an example, you can't use anything from the Game Master to prove you are a villager, like showing my Private Messages to other players, nor show Private Messages from other players.
You can lie within the game however. For example, You can say "Player X messaged me saying he is a 'Special Role'. I don't believe him." whether it's true or not, but you can't show any print screen or proof of anything related to game mechanics.
Similarly, you can't use your forum or real life friendship to guarantee to someone that you are speaking the truth. The lack of information, the bluffing, the lies are part of the game.

The buy in
This game of mafia is a little different from a regular game, since to play you must first ‘buy in.’ Once the game has started, I will PM everyone their rolls, but before you can start playing, you must first send me a dare. This dare should be relatively easy to complete, and fall within the limits of most people (so no pics, public, stuff like that). I will then create a master list of all the dares. Once the game finishes, I will randomly select a dare for each member of the losing side from that list. If the dare you receive goes against your limits, you may ask for another one to complete.

The roles
For this game, we’ll start simple with only a few roles, the town, the Mafia, and a private eye.

The Town
Everyone who isn’t a member of the Mafia belongs to the town. Their goal is to eliminate all of the Mafia members, and once that happens, they win

The Mafia
A small group of people who are disgruntled with how GD is being run, and want to change things. Every night they can kill one person who they all agree on. They win if they outnumber the town.

Private Eye
A very observant fellow. Once every night, they may investigate another player, and will be told what their role. They belong to the town.

Sign-ups start now and will end on February 22nd, at 11:59 PST. The game will begin February 23rd at 11:59 PST. If you have any questions, please ask and I’ll do my best to answer them

Players
AJason
Ringthebell

Last edited by kaladinxxx; 02-19-2019 at 12:13 PM.
kaladinxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to kaladinxxx for this post:
Old 02-15-2019, 03:50 PM   #2
AJason

I definitely want to get in on this! Loved this game growing up!

Join The Great Trivia Challenge!
PM Dares
Male, 23, Bi-Curious, Sub/Switch, Jason
likes: CBT, bondage, tease and denial, pain, belt spanking, wearing panties and hosiery, crossdressing, chastity, humiliation, light anal.
limits: public, family, social suicide, blood, permanent, sissy, diapers, face pics, illegal, CEI (Precum is okay)
I don't know: Anal with Dildo

kik:AJason1414. please pm me if you need something or want to chat
AJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #3
kaladinxxx

I'm just going to give this a small bump, since I know a few other's wanted to get in on this.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #4
Ringthebell
getDare Sweetheart

I’d like to join in for this! I’ll set a few alarms cause of the time zone difference

Likes: anal, humiliation, diapers, bladder control, degradation, collars, getting tipsy, wedgies, lingerie, costumes

Dislike: gag, toothpaste, humping,

Limit: social suicide, public, pics, scat, edging, feet, wetting myself(soft)

Don't randomly message me on kik unless we've spoken here
Ringthebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:11 PM   #5
kaladinxxx

I hope that different time zones won't be too go of an issue, since she cycles will span about two days, letting everyone to at least respond to most things. Thanks for signing up though
Old 02-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #6
Sir_Timo
Account Banned

This game is awesome, I did it with many own rules and roles in another forum.

I don't have the time needed anymore, but have fun!
Sir_Timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:30 PM   #7
kaladinxxx

That's sad, it's a fun game. If this gets going, I might do another one with a more kinky theme.

Advertisements
Kink Talk