Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 06-14-2015, 06:11 AM   #1
novice_girl

Default Is there a way I can change my username?

I made this account something like four years ago, and well, I'd really love to be able to change my username. I'm no longer quite so novice, for one!

Is anyone able to suggest a way for me to do this, pretty please?

Specific: orgasm control, hidden public, name calling, body-writing, clamps/clothes pegs, spanking, a (low) chance of being caught, dressing up to go out...

Limits: dangerous/permanent/illegal, knives, pics, needles, bathroom-related, blood, age-play, time-extended, messy, sleep deprivation.

I like pushing myself but safety comes first! I'm not into dice dares.
novice_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:12 AM   #2
Dubs

I'll just tell you what Rachie told me.

No.

I can't remember the exact reasons she sent me and don't want to spread false reasons.

If you want t new username, I fear you have to create a new account.

How to gD Chat:

[22:10:51] dare girl567: i find dubs attractive not gonna lie
[22:11:53] sweetsong: i think most do?
[22:12:37] SweetTeen: ‹@dare girl567› ‹@sweetsong› id be gay for him
[22:13:14] dare girl567: ‹@SweetTeen› i feel like he'd be fun to fuck
[22:13:46] sweetsong: what a lucky dubs lol
Dubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:13 AM   #3
Sasahara
getDare Devil

As far as I know, usernames, once chosen, are permanent. Rachie or someone might be able to do it, but I'm pretty sure they don't change names... I know several people who wish names *could* be changed though...
Sasahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:56 AM   #4
novice_girl

Thank you Dubs and Sasahara for the quick responses! That's a disappointment, but sounds like there's not much to be done about it. Oh well! Maybe I'll eventually get around to creating a new account.

Specific: orgasm control, hidden public, name calling, body-writing, clamps/clothes pegs, spanking, a (low) chance of being caught, dressing up to go out...

Limits: dangerous/permanent/illegal, knives, pics, needles, bathroom-related, blood, age-play, time-extended, messy, sleep deprivation.

I like pushing myself but safety comes first! I'm not into dice dares.
novice_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:10 AM   #5
NoMercy

Yep, that's why I created a new one, too.
NoMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:19 AM   #6
Sasahara
getDare Devil

Well, the only downside with a new account is that you lose all the connection to your previous posts, etc. with your current account, as someone who doesn't know you (but has been interested to see your posts today), I can go take a look at your profile and then decide to send you a message to say hi and introduce myself... (Hi! I'm Sasahara by the way... I've enjoyed reading your posts today, and if you'd like to chat, drop me a PM. )

But if your name really bugs you that much, I'd make the new account sooner rather than later, as the problem I mentioned above will only get worse as you have more history on here that shows the rest of us who you are...
Sasahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:53 AM   #7
alias
Distinguished Member

A way around that could possibly be to put in your new accounts sig "formerly novice_girl" and put in your old sig "new account ___" putting it in both ensures that you are actually who you say you are, and while this approach won't let you bring your post count and such over it will probably get your friends to add your new account to let you bring them with you at least and should stop the gd community in general from treating you like a newbie. In general though I agree that if your going to do it sooner is better than later

All credit for my sig pic goes to BondageLisa

AMA
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:59 AM   #8
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

sorry we do not change user names.

Users USED to be able to manually adjuster there user names whenever they liked via the settings. (stopped 2009). This stopped due to the misbehaviour of uses.

i personally was open to the idea of changing selected user names (set the dungeon up for selected members and persoanlly manually changed user names (not as easy as some people think) however due to a) time taking b) abuse from members not in dungeon c) feeling terrable dispite trying to help people - we stopped the dungeon.

Therefore for the fairness of everybody i no longer change user names at the present time.

Apologies to all

Love Rachie x x x

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:46 AM   #9
Siren
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
sorry we do not change user names.

Users USED to be able to manually adjuster there user names whenever they liked via the settings. (stopped 2009). This stopped due to the misbehaviour of uses.

i personally was open to the idea of changing selected user names (set the dungeon up for selected members and persoanlly manually changed user names (not as easy as some people think) however due to a) time taking b) abuse from members not in dungeon c) feeling terrable dispite trying to help people - we stopped the dungeon.

Therefore for the fairness of everybody i no longer change user names at the present time.

Apologies to all

Love Rachie x x x
Would there be any way of limiting the amount of changes a user could make? E.g. one username change per six months. Perhaps then if each individual user had the ability to change their own username again it would stop that function being abused- after all the site is populated solely by adult users now, unlike in 2009, which would hopefully mean people are more mature.

Also, I'm sorry you got so much trouble from setting up The Dungeon and trying to help people out by manually changing usernames. I remember seeing elsewhere that that takes quite a lot of effort to sort out, so it was really good of you to do that and I'm sure lots of people appreciated it.

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:08 AM   #10
Matt:
getDare Cultist (Inner Circle)

It is a shame you can't change your username though. As when I joined I was just curious and was not really expecting to use the site a lot. So I didn't put much thought into my username, just used one I had used on other sites. It has no meaning what so ever. Now that I use the site a lot I really wish I could change it to something more meaningful!

I can understand that being able to change it often could be abused. But wish there was a way to change names occasionally.

Current Rule - I have to do all picture requests by females and I must show my full face

Sam, forever in my heart, I will always miss you <3
Matt: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #11
Contron13542

Since I didn't see a specific answer to this: Is it okay to make a new account with a new username? I thought that I had read somewhere that that was not allowed, but several people mentioned it in this thread and didn't address that. I'd like to have a new username just because I would like to use this site but not have it be related to this username (which I use in other places) but I don't want to make a new account if that's against the rules.
Contron13542 is offline   Reply With Quote