Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
tallguy2241
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Default The Gameshow

Inspired by Quizmaster's posts, and a long held fantasy of mine...

The Game Show

The doors opened, and the crowd started to file into the studio. It was certainly a lot smaller than I expected, only 100 seats. A couple of ushers in the center aisle were making sure everyone got the right seats. People were looking at each other as they got settled, a nervous look on many faces. There was a wide variety of different people here…tall, short, white, black, Asian, Hispanic, some real thin, a few on the “pleasing plump” side…but none really fat, or ugly. Those must have been weeded out during the interview process. There was an equal number of men and women.

My girlfriend Michelle and I worked our way to our seats. “Mutt and Jeff” our friends will call us…I’m 6’6”, and she’s a good foot shorter than me, so we get a few stares when we’re together. But given the situation here, we’ll be far from the center of attention… unless we get called up on stage!

I guess a should explain: we were at the first filming of the new cable game show Take Off, which the brochure described as a cross of Strip Poker, Truth or Dare, and The Price is Right. Contestants are called from the audience up on stage, play a variety of stripping games, losers perform some forfeit.

Michelle found out about it from a friend of hers (I never did find out where her friend got the heads up, though), and being a bit of an exhibitionist, insisted that we try out. I was a bit hesitant, but she showed me the contract (a contract? to be on a game show?), and I have to admit, the idea was intriguing. I won’t bore you with all the legalese, but here were the main points:

“You will be sitting through 4 tapings of our show, each of which will be an hour in duration. There will be a 30 minute break between shows, and lunch will be served during the 2nd break. Audience members will be paid $100 per show, whether they appear on stage or not. Additional cash prizes will be awarded as well.

Contestants are expected to participate in any required on-stage activities. Such activities may include: stripping and appearing naked on stage; sexual contact (but no intercourse); mildly painful and/or humiliating activities. Failure to participate will result in the forfeit of your cash award. Approximately 8-12 people will be on stage in each episode.

Wear comfortable clothing that is reasonably easy to remove, and don’t wear anything that cannot be ruined. No cell phones or recording devices of any kind may be brought into the taping.”

So the way I saw it, I was getting paid $400 to watch a bunch of people stripping, with only about a 50% chance of being called up on stage myself…and even then, I wouldn’t necessarily have to strip, only if I lost. So what the heck. I agreed. And we apparently passed the interview, since we are here!

(to be continued)

Last edited by tallguy2241; 10-09-2009 at 03:17 PM.
tallguy2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to tallguy2241 for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk