Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 06-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
anal_guy_fl

Send a message via ICQ to anal_guy_fl Send a message via MSN to anal_guy_fl
Default The Global Warming - Your Thoughts Please

I'm starting this thread because the topic seems to be lots of interest. This is a dare for the gray matter.

I dare you to share your thoughts on global warming and the proposed solutions to it.

Dare me!

Last edited by LilAngel; 06-28-2009 at 09:39 PM.
anal_guy_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Coyote
getDare Addict

this would probably fit better in lounge. but i believe it is happening just not as extreme as the media portrays it.
Limits:Public,Involving Other People, Illegal, Pee/Poop, High Risk of Getting Caught,Extreme Pain,Anal,Messy/Water,(Backyard might be ok), Masturbation
24/M/USA
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=32347

AFTER HOURS!!(GOOD READING)
Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
CodtsQ

Exclamation

It is a huge issue. For those who want to live, of course. I'm not saying it's going to kill us in a few years, but think about your children, and their children. They will have to deal with what we do today. The solutions are the ones that the media talks about. Use cars and fuel that don't produce so much CO2 and use Solar power. If the Ozone layer dissolves much further, the suns heat could kill us all, which is why we should at least try to stop it, or at least slow it down.
CodtsQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:00 AM   #4
Mysterious the 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodtsQ View Post
It is a huge issue. For those who want to live, of course. I'm not saying it's going to kill us in a few years, but think about your children, and their children. They will have to deal with what we do today. The solutions are the ones that the media talks about. Use cars and fuel that don't produce so much CO2 and use Solar power. If the Ozone layer dissolves much further, the suns heat could kill us all, which is why we should at least try to stop it, or at least slow it down.
The planet has warmed up and cooled done repeatedly throughout it's entire 4.8 billion year history without any form of intervention by life so what's to say it won't start cooling down by itself? Also the disaster scenarios are all exagerated to scare people.

Interesting thing to note, back in around 2000 when this started to really take off. Scientists said we had 10 years to save the planet otherwise it would be irreperably damaged. Just a couple of weeks back guess what a scientist said? 'We have 10 years to save the planet' Now if the original calculations were correct then surely we only have 1 year left. Wait governements want to milk this for all it's worth so saying that keeps the option of 'green' taxes available.
Mysterious the 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:01 AM   #5
codymich
Distinguished Member

For the most part, the media and government (at least in the US) have underreported and downplayed the effects of global warming for years. It seems like just lately we have started to see the actual consequences happening, and the media is finally starting to come around and report it. Since it is such a dramatic change from past reporting, I feel that many people think it is being overhyped and sensationalized now, when we are really seeing what should have been shown all along.
If you read some of the newest government and UN climate change reports, they are pretty scary. Its time to do something now, before it gets worse, even if you don't believe what the media is currently reporting.
codymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:05 AM   #6
codymich
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious the 1st View Post
Interesting thing to note, back in around 2000 when this started to really take off. Scientists said we had 10 years to save the planet otherwise it would be irreperably damaged. Just a couple of weeks back guess what a scientist said? 'We have 10 years to save the planet' .
From what I have been hearing lately, many are saying that we may have already passed the point of no return.

I guess whichever side you believe, there is no way it can be good to just keep dumping all that CO2 into the atmosphere.
codymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:23 AM   #7
interesting
getDare Succubus

Location: Somewhere between here and there, in Quebec, Canada...

As with any issue, the truth is much more complex than everyone lets on.

Fact: The planet has gone through periods of warming and cooling in the past, so this is not without precedent.

Fact: The warming of the planet has never occured with such alacrity and speed.

Fact: The use of fossil fuels is contributing to the warming of the planet and the climate changes we are experiencing.

Fact: Some alternative methods of producing energy may be just as polluting as fossil fuels.

Fact: Our entire economy is now petroleum-based.

Fact: The petroleum stocks are dwindling; there is still much on the planet but it is harder and harder to get to it or to transform it to a usable substance.

Fact: Reducing, reusing and recycling are all great ways to help the planet.

Fact: Most recycling plants cannot recycle more than 10% of what they receive because of stock contamination due to bad recycling triage methods.

Fact: We are coming with new and cleaner methods of working within our societies.

Fact: We have never been as many on the planet as we are today.

My personal opinion is that it is better to err on the side of caution than to throw it to the wind. Let's be realistic: humanity is having an impact on the planet. We have to be able to account for what we do and how we do it. It's called taking responsibility, and it applies to everything we do, not just environmental issues.

You can visit my erotic stories website at:
interestinglifestories.weebly.com

This link can get you to all of my stories on this site as well:
Blog for my GD stories

interesting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #8
dragonator
getDare Devil

Global warming is real the green hous effect is not

the Earth goes through a cycle of heating and cooling all the time and each time it happens faster and faster and gets more and more extreme and contrary to the person aboves post this HAS happened before and at this speed!!!!!!!! geologists are able to tell from looking at the rocks and we dont have to worry about our children because the heat wont matter much to them when the poles switch (which happens at the end of the fastest most extreme cycle) when the poles switch the atmosphere dissapparates for a time and all life on Earth is ended and we dont have the technology to stop it so the only way to help your kids is to pray
this just proves that God controls the Earth - not us

10% of scientoists agree with this point of view and about 70% of scientists change their views according to what the media portrays as the common scientists views

i must do any dare that i get as long as this is a part of my signiture
I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.

Last edited by dragonator; 06-30-2009 at 08:55 AM.
dragonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #9
dragonator
getDare Devil

as a side not i do support alternative energy but just so that theres still something for us to use to power our cars homes buissnesses ect...

I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #10
dragonator
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymich View Post
From what I have been hearing lately, many are saying that we may have already passed the point of no return.

I guess whichever side you believe, there is no way it can be good to just keep dumping all that CO2 into the atmosphere.
no because on my side it doesnt matter about the co2

Old 06-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
pranadevil
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by interesting View Post
Fact: Reducing, reusing and recycling are all great ways to help the planet.
Yes, yes, and no.

Sorry, but recycling is good in "some" instances, but not all... in fact, not most for that matter.

Without going into ridiculous detail (If people wish, I'll dig up the episode of Penn & Teller's Bullshit that goes waaaay into this whole dealio, which is where I'm getting this from), a lot of recycling actually causes more issue than just chucking the stuff out, and people recycle purely because they're told to.

Take paper for instance, why recycle it? Why not just throw it away when it will do more good? I'm assuming most think I'm talking out of my ass here, so here's the details.

When we recycle paper it needs to be bleached to get it back to being a nice white colour. This of course means the bleach now needs to go somewhere (right into our water supplies, that's where). While this is all going on it's having to go through processing plants, and be transported all over the place too, thus causing more pollution.

When we want to take the now soggy piece of mush with bleach pouring out of it and turn it into paper we need to re-process the thing... yup, more pollution right back into the enviornment, just to get back some normal paper.

"Ah, but you forget about the trees being cut down to make paper" I hear you cry... but those trees we cut down to MAKE the paper were planted for that entire sole purpose. We've done nothing but cut down trees we planted in the first place.

Now what happens if we throw it out? It essentially becomes compost and degrades nice and quickly, fertilizing the ground... what the hell was wrong with that system?

As for anyone worrying about us running out of space for dumps... it's not happening, we have tons of the space, and when we fill it, it's not just left as it is, it's smoothed over, pipes are laid over it to collect any gases it pumps out which in turn are used to help power the local area, and once it's all grassed over it's turned into golf clubs or parks.

Apparently this is a bad thing, but nobody can explain why other than chanting the "we must recycle to save the planet" mantra that's going about.

I agree that using LESS of the stuff (like not having tons of plastic packaging, nor tons of plastic bags) would be a good thing, and perhaps less use of sprays (Such as my sister when she was using about half a can of hairspray per day and gassing everyone in the house). But please drop this recycling stuff... Recycle aluminium by all means, we DO save by recycling that, but the rest is pointless, we cause more damage to our enviornment from it, and the only reason we really do so is because governments force everyone to do so because it looks good. Screw whether it actually is a good idea as long as they "appear" to be doing good.
Limits: Illegal activities (underage, bestiality etc.)

Full Day Of Control Dare

Song Contest Thread

Kik is broken
Skype - live:thecruelmaster82
pranadevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #12
war990
getDare Sweetheart

I think that Global Warming is something that we need to slow down and I also think humans are part of the problem but not as bad as what people say.

Back when dinosaurs roamed the world there was 10x more CO2 in the atmosphere than there is today. Also in a more CO2 based atmosphere, plants grow better and a lot more.

Also there was a hole in the ozone layer over Australia that scientists thought would never be closed and if by chance it ever did it would take centuries. Guess what! The ozone layer over Australia is closing up.

So even though the things I've said show that maybe this isn't such a bad thing, I still think that we need to think of better ways of getting around and heating our houses.

Limits: No poo, family, friends, extreme pain, cross dressing.

Likes: Light public, discrete friends, light pain, underwear control.

Maybes: Major public, more noticeable friends stuff, mild pain.

Items I own: Jockstrap (with and without cups), speedos, briefs, compression shorts, compression shirt, compression pants, cycling gear, wrestling singlet, butt plugs, dildos, chastity.
war990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 AM   #13
dragonator
getDare Devil

yea but a new one is opening over south america

( i already stated why I agree with the 10% of the scientists who think the grrenhouse effect is bullshit and dont let the numbers fool you about 70% of scietists change their opinions accordding to what the media portrays as the common scientists view)

Old 07-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #14
Mysterious the 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymich View Post
If you read some of the newest government and UN climate change reports, they are pretty scary. Its time to do something now, before it gets worse, even if you don't believe what the media is currently reporting.
Thats the idea of those reports, they want to scare people into paying more taxes etc. All those reports show a worse case scenario that there's only a tiny chance might happen.
Mysterious the 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 03:41 AM   #15
shyguy88
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious the 1st View Post
Thats the idea of those reports, they want to scare people into paying more taxes etc. All those reports show a worse case scenario that there's only a tiny chance might happen.
was scrolling through old forums and found this interesting. I know its off topic and probably should have been moved to another section by now but i feel this site is quite dead when i'm around so any contribution is ok.

I used to be scared about this stuff when i was younger, quite worried to be honest. Now i don't really trust most things i hear without looking into it myself (from any side of the debate). Its a nice little time lapse into some of the thoughts going through the world at the time. I found the 10 year thing funny as i think we were told in 2020 that 2030 was about the end date. Not confident in that happening.

I think the biggest issue is whoever is pushing these types of things always seem to target young people. And as we get older we kinda get used to it and dont really trust them anymore. And because we dont trust them we get called names, its kinda funny, the whole thing.

i like underwear, have many pairs, like risking having to show them or be exposed in them, and clothing control

i do cam or pics and chat on kik shygg88
i do not show face or bare chest as i have tattoos i'd like to keep private

Likes: playing games, underwear dares, maybe pics, chatting, betting, fun

Dislikes: nude pics, long dares, denial, pain

Limits: face, pee/poo, family, illegal, xdressing

kik shygg88
telegram shygg88
shyguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk