Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 06-28-2010, 04:58 AM   #676
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
Spoiler:
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]My mam thinks Rivers is going to take up the thing as the next doctor once this one has ran out of regenerations... something about only the doctor being able to fly the TARDIS when it seems she can. [/COLOR][/FONT]
Spoiler:
It's a theory but I don't like it and it'd be odd. Why "Hello Sweetie" to himself/herself? Also, why would a future Doctor stalk previous incarnations? I think it's too obvious and that it'd just be weird. I'm going for the "meant to be assassinating the Doctor but falls for him instead" idea that's out there.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:59 AM   #677
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Default An essay post :)

Seeing as we're in a finale mood, I've decided to go through the entire history and share my views on all the previous finales. (However, I should note that during the early era of the run, there were no seasons or cut-off points. I'm going off the Wikipedia entry of Serials.)

The Reign of Terror
Haven't seen/heard it.

The Time Meddler
The very first Time Lord in the series (other than Susan/the Doctor) and a fantastic story. It goes against rules set before and sets off the standard for the future "history/future mixed elements" idea. The Monk is a wonderful character, meddling for fun and not revenge of evil. Hartnell and Butterworth are fantastic together and it's a really happy story following the sad end of Barbara/Ian. The original Team TARDIS may be gone, but it's in safe hands.

The War Machines
The first "contemporary" story ever and it's wonderful. It's new, bold, fresh and all the regulars are on top form. Ben and Polly are introduced and they really work together here. WOTAN may be a bit dim but the idea of the machines is a great one for the time.

The Evil of the Daleks
Haven't seen/heard it. (Obviously.)

The Wheel in Space
Haven't seen/heard it.

The War Games
Quite possibly my favourite story of all time. War Zones, aliens in a beautiful alliance with a fantastic plan, 10 episodes of pure awesome and, right at the end, TIME LORDS for the first time ever and a forced regeneration with wonderful acting from the three regulars on the TARDIS team. It's utterly heartbreaking and, as a goodbye moment for Jamie and Zoe, it beats overdone stuff like the Doctor and Rose in the new era. Wonderful stuff.

Inferno
At 7 episodes, it's about 2 episodes too long. But it's a first for parallel universes and it's a really exciting adventure all round.

The Dæmons
Haven't seen it.

The Time Monster
Very meh. The ideas and concepts are fantastic but most of them don't realise well on-screen and fall flat. The whole Atlantis thing is a bore-fest but the two TARDIS' together are a neat idea. Delgado and Pertwee are on fine form here, as per usual.

The Green Death
Another fantastic goodbye, this time for Jo who ends up married. I only hope the new SJA doesn't ruin this as Jo is coming back for the first time since 1973. The final shot of the episode is one of the best they've ever done and the plot is wonderful, UNIT and all.

Planet of the Spiders
Haven't seen it.

Revenge of the Cybermen
People love to hate it. I adore it. Simple as.

The Seeds of Doom
Haven't seen it.

The Talons of Weng-Chiang
For me, I find this overrated. It's daring, it's good, it has the Doctor dressed as Sherlock, but I don't see what's so good about this.

The Invasion of Time
People hate it. I love it. The final two episodes are brilliant - they're so bad, they're good. The TARDIS irks me but imagination works great here. I even don't mind the Tinfoil Aliens of Doom.

The Armageddon Factor
A yawn-fest.

The Horns of Nimon/Shada
"Shada" was never produced and finished so I can't comment. So I'll use "Horns" as the finale. It's bad. Really bad. But, again, I love it. It's full of shit, ham and weirdness but it's a really entertaining romp.

Logopolis
One of my favourite stories ever. A great farewell to Four. Boring in points but the ideas are great, the tone of the story has never been reached since, the Universe in peril here beats things like "The End of Time" and the final moments of Four is just breath-taking and heart-breaking.

Time-Flight
Oh my word. Don't watch this. Ever.

The King's Demons/The Five Doctors
"Five" is a special so I'll use "Demons" as the finale. And it's great. Two episodes, a neat little story to introduce Kamelion even if he was never used later. The Master is great and it just ticks over nicely as a book-end to Season 20.

The Twin Dilemma
What a shame this had to be the finale and not "The Caves of Androzani". Doctor Who now becomes a parody of itself and goes mental. I bloody adore Colin, I love the coat of many colours, I love this era, but this story is dire.

Revelation of the Daleks
One of the best. Black humour littered throughout, Davros at his most cunning, the Daleks at their best, the setting is great and it just all comes together to be one of the best stories ever.

The Ultimate Foe
People despise this season. I love it. It's very marmite.

Dragonfire
Haven't seen it.

The Greatest Show in the Galaxy
Haven't seen it.

Survival
This is what Doctor Who is all about. Naff monsters, a fantastic story, a great TARDIS team, and ironic titles. A wonderful send-off to the series with all the regulars on top form and the last line being one of the best-written things ever.

The Television Movie
Let's not even go there.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:01 AM   #678
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Spoiler:
It's a theory but I don't like it and it'd be odd. Why "Hello Sweetie" to himself/herself? Also, why would a future Doctor stalk previous incarnations? I think it's too obvious and that it'd just be weird. I'm going for the "meant to be assassinating the Doctor but falls for him instead" idea that's out there.
Yea I never said my mum was logical

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:02 AM   #679
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:

Yea I never said my mum was logical
Spoiler:
I'm not saying she's wrong, just to clarify. One, that'd be silly because we don't know yet. Two, it could be right. I just, personally, think it'd be weird. I wouldn't argue against the idea of her being related, somehow, to the Doctor though.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:11 AM   #680
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Spoiler:
I'm not saying she's wrong, just to clarify. One, that'd be silly because we don't know yet. Two, it could be right. I just, personally, think it'd be weird. I wouldn't argue against the idea of her being related, somehow, to the Doctor though.
Spoiler:
I know and yea it does seem a bit weird. I dont think i like her anyway :S im not sure. I havent decided yet

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:12 AM   #681
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Spoiler:
I know and yea it does seem a bit weird. I dont think i like her anyway :S im not sure. I havent decided yet
Spoiler:
Hopefully we'll find out... NEXT YEAR BE HERE NOW!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:42 AM   #682
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

The doctor already said in the last two episodes that he taught her how to fly it. Unless that was a massive slip on their part.

Spoiler:
My theory is that she's in the storm cages for killing him *shrug* seems the most obvious from the angel episode. Maybe too obvious...
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #683
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

The next series is a mile away. Wait till after christmas to start speculating after we get the trailer.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #684
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Harkness View Post
The next series is a mile away. Wait till after christmas to start speculating after we get the trailer.
Speculating is what fills the time.

Party-pooper.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #685
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

go on the adventure games. And i thought Skaro was destroyed.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #686
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

I shall speculate to my heart's content! The voice is the Doctor from the distant future who's become bitter and twisted and wants revenge on his past self!
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #687
sharedwife

Nuclear

SADLY...I CAN REMEMBER THE FIRST EVER DR.WHO...Yes i am that old

William Henry Hartnell (8 January 1908 – 23 April 1975) was an English actor. During 1963-66, he was the first actor to play the lead role of the Doctor in the long-running science fiction television series Doctor Who.
Attached Images

sharedwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #688
womble

I started with Doctor Who when Tom Baker was in the role but my favourite is Jon Pertwee. I liked his car it was mental.
Will do: Naked,Mature dares,panties,,teasing & denial,pain,photos (privately to the right 18+ people), Sensible blackmail,Semi-public,webcam (will consider one way only, me to you,I like mysterious doms), Mild humiliation risk (but nothing to public),Some cross-dressing,Mind games.
Won't do: Neighbours (contact with or on their property),family,scat,furry,diapers,nothing that breaks the skin,unhealthy,degrading, permanent or that will get me arrested,Wedgies,Boring(standing in corner for hours), Outright public nudity or masturbation.

Once I accept a dare I go all out to do it and I always tell it as it happened.
womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #689
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Bloody 'ell, that Pandorica's a bit grim. But here I am. Fez, mop and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Harkness View Post
go on the adventure games. And i thought Skaro was destroyed.
It was. Until it wasn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharedwife View Post
SADLY...I CAN REMEMBER THE FIRST EVER DR.WHO...Yes i am that old

William Henry Hartnell (8 January 1908 – 23 April 1975) was an English actor. During 1963-66, he was the first actor to play the lead role of the Doctor in the long-running science fiction television series Doctor Who.
My favourite Doctor <3
Old 07-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #690
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Default The pics aint mine but here's for a laugh...

"Would someone please release me from this infernal Parabolica!?"

"Ah, this situation doesn't appear to be the best at the present time. Uh..."

"Jelly baby?"

"I'm half fairytale. On my magical fairy godmother's side!"

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
doctor who, torchwood