Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 08-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #46
Star Shadows
Prodigy

My appologies again that this weeks title is a day late. I got side tracked.
but this competition title is:

Triptych

This fortnight you are getting a little more of a freedom and a challenge. I am going to try and push you, while giving you a load more freedom to do what you want. This week, rather than a title of what you have to take a photo of, I am simply going to say that you have to make a triptych. A set of 3 images that follow a theme to make one image, Be it a variation of see the three monkeys, see hear and speak no evil, or a division of landscape the choice is yours, but be creative and take inspiration from all around you, the possibilities are endless. Creativity and experimentation are some of your greatest allies this week, research explore and grow and use your explanation to y our advantage, they gain you extra points this week.

[size 1]to recap!
Point system
Initial posting of photograph = +6 points.
Explanation as to why you took it = + 5 points
The two runners up per week = +5 points
The winner of each week = +10 points
Bonus points for inventiveness/ originality and other bonus worthy things =+3 points.
Consistent entry: point per week you enter (like a combo) these could build up = +1 point
Any breaking of the rules = -10 points, and moderator intervention if necessary.

All points will go onto a database that can be viewed using this [url]https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj19lm36-KFFdC13MHozemdqZ1dNcXpCVDBHMVFGelE&authkey=CNTn_6U L&hl=en_US#gid=0[url] and I will post a run down of every one's scores at the end of the two week time period for each entry.

Rules:
1. Under NO circumstances will +18 images be considered for this competition. This site is still largely a PG13 community and as such the photographs entered must reflect this. Naked people etc will not be tolerated.
2. All photos must be placed in this thread to be considered.
3. You have 2 weeks to submit your photograph for each title, after this time your entrance wont be counted.
4. While my decision is the final one feel free to comment on how you feel scoring should go... saying you think you should win wont go far though.
5. Photos all should be your own work taken on a camera. Using a search engine to find one kinda defeats the point a little. I reserve the right to check the sourcing of suspicious images.
6. Photo-editing is supported and accepted within the competition.I personally would recommend www.pixlr.com if you do not own an editing software.
7. One entry per fortnight/title. If more than one photograph is entered only the first will be judged, without consideration of the latter.

Breaking of the rules will not be tolerated. If you are seen to be breaking the rules appropriate action will be taken. Points may be docked and in sever cases disqualification may occur, moderators informed, photos will be deleted and accounts banned. This may seem strict but this thread also has to conform to site rules and regulations.[/size]

So just again for you all... you have two weeks to take a photograph relating to this, and post it here (with an explanation for bonus points) This fortnights title will be closed on Friday the 27th August at 10 PM GMT. Beyond this point no further entries will be accepted, even if they are posted on the tread and are super awesome.

good luck and happy snapping
xx Star shadows.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 08-18-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #47
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Was what i was hoping to post for the previous time competition

Sorry it's late, but felt like showing anyway

I blame that shadows girl for going on holiday and leaving me doing her share of moderating :P

Love Rachie
x x x x

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #48
Crusher_63
getDare Sweetheart

Recently went to some fireworks display, and was inspired to put a collage together. Hope this works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011_Fireworks_Pic.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	2497  
Crusher_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #49
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Seems like between my really late announcements for this week and whatever people seem to be a little stumped on this weeks title, so I am going to post an example entry. To give you an idea of the calibre of what Im looking for. (don't let it daunt you though since I am doing ALevel Photography anyway I've done about 50-60 of these analysis things on a larger scale in the last year)

Quote:
I have chose to use these three images as a representation of the diversity of nature. It would be set up in such a way that the two flowers were on either side of the dandelion, such that the difference is emphasised and the variety become the main theme.

In keeping the photographs all in tight focus it allows a thread of common factors to run through the photograph tying it together as the use of colour fails to provide this through all the images. The change of colour however is necessary as it again emphasises the difference, with the grey contrasting the brightness of the yellow orange.
Ok so that is an example of how I would take on this title if I was entering. Now its your turn. Best of Luck to you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2010-10-03 11.17.36.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	2503   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-10-03 11.17.56.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	2504   Click image for larger version

Name:	031.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	2505  

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 08-18-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #50
subgirl1993

i love nature photography. taking pictures of people doesn't interest me as much. nature has a natural beauty that is so amazing to capture in the essence of a photograph. i also like taking pictures of streets (weird, i know?). so i combined both of these for this fortnight of the competition.

the pictures are alike in their content, basically trees and roads. but they are dissimilar in their colors, which i actually think unifies them more. the picture from autumn, was taken on a backroad by my house. i love the warm colors. the middle picture was taken hiking two winters ago, and we came upon this road on the mountain. it was just so pure with the snow, but also a little worn out, from the road being traveled on. the third was actually taken last week, on my road trip down to school. it's so bright and summery.

the winter picture is in the center because i think it unifies the pictures that way. the colors are balanced.

i'm attaching my triptych, and the individual photos. when making my triptych (i don't have much experience with this) the photo uploads quite small, and you can't see all the beautiful detail and bright colors that well.Click image for larger version

Name:	triptych roads.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	2506

alike-- trees, roads
different--colors, seasons.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	429629874_nY9Ge-M-2.jpg
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	2508   Click image for larger version

Name:	summer-road-2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	2509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Autumn-Road-large.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	2510  

Likes: tease/edging/denial, breast and nipple play/pain, clit/pussy torture

Limits: no public, blackmail, illegal, permanent, body writing, messy, risky/dangerous, scat, blood...

!!!!!NEW!!!!! PM Dares

In Denial Until: November 27, 2024
(Updated as of post #107–every post now counts for 2 denial days and edges!!) PM Dares apply to this as well - including Bad Girl/Denial Slut.

Add to my denial…and edges!! Will I orgasm again in 2024?
subgirl1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #51
Philosophical

This photo looks to draw attention to three discrete elements of a single scene.

Rather than draw attention to them directly their presence is more discrete; hidden among the background noise but rising in prominence from left to right. Starting at a small bridge in the foreground, pulling back to the river itself as a more sullen reflection of the world, and finally a large tree digging itself into the banks of the canal.

Increased contrast for those areas with vibrant colours serve as a counterbalance to those areas that have been stripped of any at all.

That's about all I can think of.

It looks better on black so I've put it on a background here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	final_submission.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	2513  
Philosophical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #52
Jake_NN_Bake

I was having trouble finding a picture to split apart into 3 colors but today I went to the zoo and saw 3 flamingos fighting. Needless to say I whipped my camera out and started shooting. Hope you like the photoshopped result

Jake_NN_Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #53
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Default A tribute to our friends the cows.

Cows - cuddly animal or tasty treat?

My very first tryptich is to highlight the importance of cows. Different people have different viewpoints on cows, from a cuddly animal to animal activists, to a tasty and healthy food source to others, to be left alone by Vegans, or as a religious symbol in India. So my tryptich is to inspire the viewer to think about their relationship with cows.

Moo, Moo, Moo!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cows2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	2532   Click image for larger version

Name:	4311.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	2533   Click image for larger version

Name:	4337.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	2534   Click image for larger version

Name:	4382.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	2535  
DaVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #54
luvNgrl

So I guess I wanted to try and focus on just one object and take several pieces and then put them together. So I also love nature and looking at trees. They are so beautiful and each very unique. So I decided to use the big tree in my back yard and take pics of the tree trying to capture every part of it. The first being the actual tree, the second being what's above the tree, and the third being the shadow of the tree. I know it's not put together as good as it should be, but it's my first time trying this. I hope this is what you were looking for.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tree.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	2540   Click image for larger version

Name:	trees 2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	2541  

Submissive of Master Balki

Likes: humiliation, being controlled, pet play, bondage, spanking, anal, orgasm control/denial, light pain
Dislikes: more than light pain, age play, pee/poo control, annoying drivers
Limits: family, illegal, permanent

Toys: rope, vibes, hitachi, anal plugs, suction dildo, lovense lush
luvNgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #55
Tordalk

Send a message via MSN to Tordalk Send a message via Yahoo to Tordalk
Default Triptych - Kitten

My work for this weeks title shows a kitten, rather three kitten as one.

I was thinking about something, that is generally equal, but in particular different.
So if it's a human or a animal its's the same. They have all the same figure, but a different personality. That was what I wanted to show in my photo. So I took photos of three different kitten and put them together as triptych.

Tordalk
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kitten.jpg
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	2542  

27/m likes:
nipple clamps, piss play, deepthroats, outdoors, nudity, pain, bondage, slight public, masturbation, edge, tease&denial, gags, anal, thongs

sometimes:
humiliation, wax, ball bondage + weights

limits:
ball pain by beating/squeezing, needles, wedgies, poo, shaving, family/neighbours, long lasting, showing face

You're allways allowed to pm me if you want to know something or dare me ;-)
Tordalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #56
Star Shadows
Prodigy

This fortnight has been really hard to score, so dont feel down heartened if you didn't score as high as others. It was so hard to decide who was the overall winner, let alone who should be runners up.

So. The winner of this branch of the contest is::
SUBGIRL1993
for a visually dynamic photograph that left me speechless.

This is closely followed by
Tordalk and luvNgrl

I also want to give a special mention to Davance for a particularly thought provoking photograph. You were so close to getting into the top 3 this week that more bonus points than usual.

For the full scores click this link

Will post the title later.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 08-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #57
Star Shadows
Prodigy

simple one again!

by the light

Light is so important to photography here again we should pay it some dues, with the devotion of a photograph to it.

note: I will no longer be using the album or blog as .... I am lazy and it takes up a lot of time to work out with my pc being as crap as it is.

To recap!
Point system
Initial posting of photograph = +4 points.
Explanation as to why you took it = + 2 points
The two runners up per week = +5 points
The winner of each week = +10 points
Bonus points for inventiveness/ originality and other bonus worthy things =+2 points.
Consistent entry: point per week you enter (like a combo) these could build up = +1 point
Any breaking of the rules = -10 points, and moderator intervention if necessary.

All points will go onto a database that can be viewed using this https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...hl=en_US#gid=0 and I will post a run down of every one's scores at the end of the two week time period for each entry.

Rules:
1. Under NO circumstances will +18 images be considered for this competition. This site is still largely a PG13 community and as such the photographs entered must reflect this. Naked people etc will not be tolerated.
2. All photos must be placed in this thread to be considered.
3. You have 2 weeks to submit your photograph for each title, after this time your entrance wont be counted.
4. While my decision is the final one feel free to comment on how you feel scoring should go... saying you think you should win wont go far though.
5. Photos all should be your own work taken on a camera. Using a search engine to find one kinda defeats the point a little. I reserve the right to check the sourcing of suspicious images.
6. Photo-editing is supported and accepted within the competition.I personally would recommend www.pixlr.com if you do not own an editing software.
7. One entry per fortnight/title. If more than one photograph is entered only the first will be judged, without consideration of the latter.

Breaking of the rules will not be tolerated. If you are seen to be breaking the rules appropriate action will be taken. Points may be docked and in sever cases disqualification may occur, moderators informed, photos will be deleted and accounts banned. This may seem strict but this thread also has to conform to site rules and regulations.

So just again for you all...you have two weeks to take a photograph relating to this, and post it here (with an explanation for bonus points) This fortnights title will be closed on Friday the 9th September at 10 PM GMT. Beyond this point no further entries will be accepted, even if they are posted on the tread and are super awesome.

good luck and happy snapping
xx Star shadows.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 08-27-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #58
shynessincarnate
Distinguished Member

Here I go!

I only just signed up on the other thread to participate to this photography contest. I hope I'm not jumping the gun by posting so soon after.

When I saw the theme of this fortnight's contest, I already had a picture in mind. Last summer, I went to Niagara Falls. In the evening, once the sun is down, there are a multitude of projectors that display colors on the falls. It's beautiful! I tried several times to capture the magic of the illuminated falls, but was never able to (being a complete newbie to photography). I did, however, catch a glance at the actualy projectors. It's one of my favorite pictures from my trip. I hope you will enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1000153.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	2543  
shynessincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #59
Jake_NN_Bake

"Photo" is derived from Greek - the Greek word "phos" means "light." The word "graph" also comes from a Greek word meaning "to draw." There would be no photograph if there was no light to be recorded. The light aspect of photography has always interested me so I figured I would have to do something fairy different if I wanted my entry to stand out. Light Painting is one of my favorite things to do. Its a very flexible kind of photography.

I was very happy with the way this picture came out. The light behind the bonsai made the plant stand out from its shadow and it really pops.
Jake_NN_Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #60
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Default Night Driving.

Streaks of light created by night time driving. I set the camera on top of the steering wheel and held it as steady as I could. The shutter speed was set at 15 seconds (max for my camera), which actually seemed long when you are also driving a car. I considered trying a photo or two viewing out the side windows but thought it might be a little too unsafe. I took 20 photos both on the highway (65-70 mph) and in a shopping district (30-35 mph). All the photos had very different patterns. Viewing these photos later on my larger computer screen was much more exciting than normal. Again, I could have chosen several as each one had different features.

I choose this one from a shopping district because it includes more colors, such as the overhead green traffic light, oncoming headlights and blue, yellow, and green neon lights from the stores. You can also make out the car in front and the yellow and white lines painted on the road.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	144-4415_IMG.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	2546  
DaVance is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk