Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 01-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #46
iamdaring90

everyone - look up the rule of thirds - I love most of the shots here but a lot seem to skip over the rule of thirds - it's the most important rule for laying out a shot and it's sooo easy..

basically if your taking a shot the focal point of the photo should be 1/3 from top/bottom or left/right..

trust me - better composure of the shots will make your photography so much better...

keep shooting guys and i'll get my camera out soon again
iamdaring90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:29 AM   #47
Perfectionist

What camera do you use? Nikon D3000, or Nikon D60
Do you like it? It's amazing, saving for a newer version, though.
What type of photography do you prefer? Pretty much everything! I like to experiment.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:18 AM   #48
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdaring90 View Post
everyone - look up the rule of thirds - I love most of the shots here but a lot seem to skip over the rule of thirds - it's the most important rule for laying out a shot and it's sooo easy..

basically if your taking a shot the focal point of the photo should be 1/3 from top/bottom or left/right..

trust me - better composure of the shots will make your photography so much better...

This pops in and out of my shots somtimes I like to set it aside sometimes though some of my favourite images professional and personal don't use it, we have to use it on my course though

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:36 AM   #49
Dancergirl8

I loveee photography, I did my best friend's senior pictures when I was 14 and a shoot of a renaissance artist also when I was 14. I got a lucky chance to work with a professional photographer at his studio and that's where I got those chances. Since then I've gotten the Canon T1i, most of the time im using my telephoto lens (70mm-300mm) But I've started favoring my (18mm-55mm) as well. I'm taking a digital photo class atm, I have to run right now, but when I get back I'll post some of my old pics!!! None of them have really been edited or anything, so be gentle please!
Dancergirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #50
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancergirl8 View Post
I loveee photography, I did my best friend's senior pictures when I was 14 and a shoot of a renaissance artist also when I was 14. I got a lucky chance to work with a professional photographer at his studio and that's where I got those chances. Since then I've gotten the Canon T1i, most of the time im using my telephoto lens (70mm-300mm) But I've started favoring my (18mm-55mm) as well. I'm taking a digital photo class atm, I have to run right now, but when I get back I'll post some of my old pics!!! None of them have really been edited or anything, so be gentle please!
Oh wow that's so cool. I would love to work with the professionals. I doubt I will ever get the chance to though. youre so lucky

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 01-31-2011, 11:52 AM   #51
SlutPuppy
getDare Succubus

:3 new pictureeeeees
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0022.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1884   Click image for larger version

Name:	0052.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1885   Click image for larger version

Name:	0082.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1886   Click image for larger version

Name:	0192.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1887   Click image for larger version

Name:	0282.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1888  

booty booty booty booty rockin' everywhere

Sex Map HERE

Likes/Dislikes/Limits

SlutPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #52
footballdare
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdaring90 View Post

I'm not even a photographer, and even I know that that's bollocks. Photography and Art in general is more about doing what you fancy, not a load of rules about how it should and shouldnt be done.

Anyway, I'll try and throw a couple of mine up, but I've only got a phone camera so they're not particularly high definition, and they definitely aren't as artsy as some on here, mainly just groups of people.

M/Northern Ireland
Limits: Public, Poo
Is fear ciúin mé
Éirinn go Brách

Tumblr: http://footballdare.tumblr.com/
footballdare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:03 PM   #53
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdare View Post
I'm not even a photographer, and even I know that that's bollocks. Photography and Art in general is more about doing what you fancy, not a load of rules about how it should and shouldnt be done.

Anyway, I'll try and throw a couple of mine up, but I've only got a phone camera so they're not particularly high definition, and they definitely aren't as artsy as some on here, mainly just groups of people.
its not a rule rule as such its called a rule of thirds but it is more of a guideline. the post should have been worded better really because as you say nothing in art or photography is compulsory- not even it being in focus actually some images work well out of focus. and a lot of the time breaking these 'rules' often make lovely photographs. The beautiful thing about photography is that there are no right or wrong answers so to speak it is all a matter of personal preference and opinions with no real set rules.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #54
Dancergirl8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
Oh wow that's so cool. I would love to work with the professionals. I doubt I will ever get the chance to though. youre so lucky
Thanks It was just a matter of being in the right place at the right time or else I never would have gotten the opportunity, there's two professional photographers in the class im taking so im hoping to buddy up to them to try to get some more professional work in Pictures will be up later today just went to the nature center to take some!!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #55
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Thanks It was just a matter of being in the right place at the right time or else I never would have gotten the opportunity, there's two professional photographers in the class im taking so im hoping to buddy up to them to try to get some more professional work in Pictures will be up later today just went to the nature center to take some!!
Wow super cool, there are two in the year above me who are doing semi pro work but they are more interested in what each other is doing than talking to other people in the class. I want to go out and photo things but school takes away most of the daylight hours right now. and most things are a bit dead from the winter. I will get back into stuff later though and am still doing macro stills. Should really do some portrait work at some point.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 01-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #56
Dancergirl8

Quote:

Wow super cool, there are two in the year above me who are doing semi pro work but they are more interested in what each other is doing than talking to other people in the class. I want to go out and photo things but school takes away most of the daylight hours right now. and most things are a bit dead from the winter. I will get back into stuff later though and am still doing macro stills. Should really do some portrait work at some point.
Yeah, you should definitely try to get them to talk to you, it's amazing working in an actual studio, being able to use a green screen was THE best thing ever haha. As soon as I figure out how to upload pics I'll upload some, these are definitely not my best, but because they are my most recent i'll post lol. The guy in the last few pics are of my brother, I dragged him along with me today :P I'm a little disapointed as to how blurry they look when i posted them on the site because blown up full screen on my comp they're not blurry at all :/

Name:	Babysitting and Geese 035.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1890

Name:	Babysitting and Geese 166.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1891

Name:	Beaver Lake 015.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	1892

Name:	Beaver Lake 086.jpg
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1893

Name:	Beaver Lake 154.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1894
Old 02-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #57
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Those look brilliant to me

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 02-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #58
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Everyone watch this space, I am going to be create a series of tutorials as such on aspects of photography, composition and editing. In the form of powerpoint presentations that will be freely available through google documents without the need for an account there.
Already done/in the making are....
  • Leading lines in photography
  • The non rule rule of thirds
  • Creation of colour splash (already created for competition in a few weeks time but pm me if you cant wait that long)
Also If there is anything in particular that you would like me to make a presentation on please feel free to ask. These are for your benefit as much as/ more than mine.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 02-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #59
Dancergirl8

Quote:
Those look brilliant to me
Thanks Hopefully once warmer weather comes I'll be able to play with my camera some more!! I'm dying to travel through the united states at least to take pictures, but hey, I'm only 17 and I have no money, so that won't be happening anytime soon lol, I'll have to settle for traveling around town.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #60
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Thanks Hopefully once warmer weather comes I'll be able to play with my camera some more!! I'm dying to travel through the united states at least to take pictures, but hey, I'm only 17 and I have no money, so that won't be happening anytime soon lol, I'll have to settle for traveling around town.
At ditto. Theres so much i want to do. But being 17 with limited money to use of photography puts a dampener on the possibilities. Still I might start talking to local businesses to see if i can take photos for them. Just to try and get out there some more.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Advertisements
Kink Talk