Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #31
Coyote
getDare Addict

If people are saying that it will make the job of the mods too hard then there is one simple solution DONT BE A MOD. If you dont want to help out the site then step down from a mod position and let somebody who actually cares do it.

With power comes responsibility
Old 09-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #32
fork
Account Banned

Thank you. This is exactly what I am saying. It sounds mean but there are way too many mods here that started out good but now they only seem to like the shiny Moderator tag on their profile.
There are users on this site that actually care about the well-being of other users, and are capable of making decisions on matters without bias, quickly and efficiently.. and are willing to provide feedback to members whose reports were not deemed serious enough for formal action.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #33
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
If people are saying that it will make the job of the mods too hard then there is one simple solution DONT BE A MOD. If you dont want to help out the site then step down from a mod position and let somebody who actually cares do it.

With power comes responsibility
Well seeing as it wasn't a mod who made the first point, then this is irrelevant.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 09-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #34
fork
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
Well seeing as it wasn't a mod who made the first point, then this is irrelevant.
It was someone saying what the mods wouldn't say. It's quite obvious though.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #35
Dice7
getDare Addict

People are way too serious.

The world isn't a pretty little cloud sometime harsh words are said, just suck it up and move on.

Unsure: pee, anal, pic/audio proof, dildo sucking/swallow

Dislikes:light crossdress, edging/denial, extreme humiliation, full public, mild ass2mouth, ball torture

Limits: Diapers, scat, full cross dress, pics/videos that identify me
PM/KIK DARES https://bit.ly/2X8Od9N
EXPOSE MEhttps://bit.ly/3AxE70x
Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #36
muffinfairy
getDare Devil

Yawnsicles.

I'm bored by this. Keep bitching about the Mods all you wish, as that seems to be what it keeps going back to.

If you don't like a movie, don't want it.
If you don't like the site, move on.

Masturbation 101:
[22:35:44] BettyBoop: It is really hard to get off.
[22:36:19] BettyBoop: I find that using a small piece of sellotape is the best way

http://ask.fm/muffinfairy
Snap: penis4fuffin {if you wish to snap penis or similar}
Snap: muffinfairy {add your username if spamming me}
KIK: muffinfairy {all rarely checked}

Territory Signature=Close **
Old 09-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #37
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinfairy View Post
Yawnsicles.

I'm bored by this. Keep bitching about the Mods all you wish, as that seems to be what it keeps going back to.

If you don't like a movie, don't want it.
If you don't like the site, move on.
Agreed. It makes sense. People say they hate the site, but they come back to say they hate it some more.
It's fun we are avvi-buddies.
I made pie.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 09-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #38
Pingu
Be afraid

In terms of inactive mods, some are currently inactive but at some time in the past were fantastic mods who dedicated a lot of time to the site. Shit happens and sometimes these mods have to cut their time down which personally for me is fine. Others, they may have to go inactive for a short period of time and new mods aren't needed. I personally haven't been on much for the last couple of weeks because I've started a new uni. Others are in the same boat with different situations.

I personally am sometimes "busy" in chat. I generally watch films at night at my PC so obviously GD is minimised whilst I watch my film. I do however check GD/MSN every 10/15 mins or so. In my opinion that is much better to have a mod presence in chat even if they're not completely there.

Regarding reported posts. There are disadvantages to telling people the results of a report. Firstly, it is more work. Secondly, the results of the report don't please everybody. If X reports Y and the mod decides not to do anything about Y and informs X of this then X sometimes abuses the mod for being biased, clueless or just random abuse. Sound familiar? Yeah.... It means more time has have to be put into reports because they have to deal with person X crying.

In terms of that reporting council or whatever the hell it is, if Depp wants new mods to do stuff then he'll appoint them instead of having this "reporting council".

To the people who don't think the mods "care". Simple answer is that you have no clue about what the mods at GD do or don't do. You may argue that you should know but there is a lot of stuff that is just none of your business. I am in contact with the http://www.ceop.gov.uk/ over someone who has been removed from the site - that's something that I've undertaken off my own bat. I didn't have to but I have. I have spent countless hours on this site helping users and in particular those who at one point were vulnerable.

Just because I don't particularly want to do have unnecessary work put on top of me, it doesn't mean I don't care or should leave. And I agree with Fairy of Muffins. There are too many people on this site who "hate" it and are here because "friends" are here. Chances are that you have these friends on some sort of IM progam. If you don't like it then don't stay
Old 09-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #39
fork
Account Banned

Maybe you should tell more people than just oreo about what's going on behind the scenes then. We'd all like to know.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #40
depp
SysOp

If I had to follow-up with every user that reported something I would never get through the reports. I suppose if you want follow-up you could include that in the report for the person that deals with it. Just don't ask for feedback on things like a thread that is in the wrong section.

I don't want to get reports about people insulting you in the chat or via PM. There are a working ignore features for a reason. I'm not gonna spend all day figuring out your drama.

Also, include links in your reports. Don't make me go searching for a thread, give me everything I need to make a decision linked there in the report. Unless you are reporting something serious I'm not going to do a ton of research if it is not there (file a complete report).

These are all great ideas! I think my compromise on the feedback is fair. If you want it, you can have it. Just don't ask for it when there is no reason for it.

Last edited by depp; 09-24-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #41
Pingu
Be afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fork View Post
Maybe you should tell more people than just oreo about what's going on behind the scenes then. We'd all like to know.
Really constructive reply ... but your reply highlights exactly what I'm talking about with reports. i.e The post you reported a few hours ago and then you come up with the above which offers nothing constructive to the topic at all.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #42
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fork View Post
I agree with fork.. I second it (I think that made sense).
Old 09-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #43
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
Also, include links in your reports. Don't make me go searching for a thread, give me everything I need to make a decision linked there in the report. Unless you are reporting something serious I'm not going to do a ton of research if it is not there (file a complete report).
This makes me wonder: when you report a ppost/thread; is a link not sent along with the report?

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
Old 09-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #44
Pingu
Be afraid

The post you report, a link of that post/thread is sent to us. Some people send us reports saying "User is 14 in another thread and they're posting in the S/M section" without actually specifying the other thread.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #45
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
The post you report, a link of that post/thread is sent to us. Some people send us reports saying "User is 14 in another thread and they're posting in the S/M section" without actually specifying the other thread.
Ooooh. Never knew that. Okay, ta.

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
Closed Thread