Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #31
Seannyboy131

Yes I am too sad to see Chloe and Hampers go, but we have to do what they wish. It must be hard moderating a site as big and keep it from going over the edge at the same time. I'm glad that I got to know Hampers and wish I could have gotten to know you better Chloe but that's just the way things happen I guess. It's been a tough week for a bunch of us due to a lot of people leaving but a few have stepped up and hopefully the site will rebound from this lose. We need to learn from Hampers and Chloe and all the other mods. Haha I'm talking like their dead...

Well to stop myself from rambling on, I'll miss you and all of the GetDare community salutes you for your service to this site!

Godspeed
Seannyboy131
Old 03-13-2009, 05:07 AM   #32
fork
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTrYsTaNx View Post
Merlin used to be in the chat a lot, Strawb used to be very active. There all still here just lurking and doing behind the scenes work

Talking of Lurkers, where have I been recently |
YEAHH! I miss Strawberry
Come back and talk! Hehe
Old 03-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #33
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

If you need already 2 hours just to check the things behind the scene and also have real life things to do there is often not a lot time left to post or go to the chat. If you want to be mod and active the problem is that sooner or later your real life can suffer, and Hampers did spend a lot time on the site even a lot more than most of you know. In addition to the fact that you can get to see stuff that is disturbing or even sickening, like blackmailing or seduction of minors, that may be rare but that is also part of a mods live..

Sooner or later you only have 2 options and that is to step back and get less active or stop to do the things in the background... that is just normal...

Hampers and Chloé will be missed a lot but i totally understand why they do what they do...
Old 03-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #34
Zeromus
getDare Devil

Lord, I saw that Merlin Posted, and I thought he was saying goodbye as well.

All the same, Chloe, thanks for everything you do for the site, and whatever your choice, best of luck.

*Due to the innate funness of trivia, I too have a contest. Mine will be focused on gaming, with a few grab bag questions.

Here's an easy one. (name the game this quote came from)

"Where's the oh so pleasant sound of someone getting impaled?"
Old 03-15-2009, 05:38 AM   #35
depp
SysOp

I understand their reasons for leaving. All our mods are wonderful but getDare burns you out. The amount of user BS here behind the scenes is astronomical. Running this site is tough because I can't every really get away from it. I sort of wish I could walk away like Hampers or Chloe but I feel I owe it to all the users here to stick around. getDare has a lot of major expansion coming this year. This is all a part of our continuing evolution. I am looking forward to the new getDare because the changes will bring a whole new set of users and types of interaction.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:50 AM   #36
Trystaan
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
I understand their reasons for leaving. All our mods are wonderful but getDare burns you out. The amount of user BS here behind the scenes is astronomical. Running this site is tough because I can't every really get away from it. I sort of wish I could walk away like Hampers or Chloe but I feel I owe it to all the users here to stick around. getDare has a lot of major expansion coming this year. This is all a part of our continuing evolution. I am looking forward to the new getDare because the changes will bring a whole new set of users and types of interaction.
More mystery Clues
Old 03-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #37
depp
SysOp

I don't see a reason for this being sticky so I am going to unstick it. If Hampers ever wants to return he is more than welcome to. He is the only mod to ever call me on the phone so he knows how to get in touch. He will be missed but life here must move on.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #38
Smile
Account Banned

Ring him and tell him to come back. I miss him :'(

Note: If I use "" it is meant to be as a dazed daydream look, not an insult.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #39
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by videotape View Post
Ring him and tell him to come back. I miss him :'(
As much as I hate to see him go Hampers is gone. He left over personal reasons. I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact he took it upon himself to do A LOT around the site. I think he burnt himself out going far and beyond what anyone else here (including me) does. Perhaps in the future he will return. I would love to have him back. Maybe he will haunt KinkTalk like some of the old mods here. Who knows!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:01 AM   #40
fork
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
As much as I hate to see him go Hampers is gone. He left over personal reasons. I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact he took it upon himself to do A LOT around the site. I think he burnt himself out going far and beyond what anyone else here (including me) does. Perhaps in the future he will return. I would love to have him back. Maybe he will haunt KinkTalk like some of the old mods here. Who knows!
If that was the reason.. why not just step down from being a mod? He could've still been a regular member here.. without all that stress from the mod responsibilities.
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk