Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #31
LadyCeleste

The trouble with the top ads section is that there has to be a dedicated mod to sit there and peruse the forums to make sure that it is combed through. Honestly though, so many of the ads are truly awful that there needs to be something in place to prevent short ads. IE: a word limit or something.
I DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN TORD. I AM NOT HERE FOR THAT. DO NOT ASK.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #32
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCeleste View Post
The trouble with the top ads section is that there has to be a dedicated mod to sit there and peruse the forums to make sure that it is combed through. Honestly though, so many of the ads are truly awful that there needs to be something in place to prevent short ads. IE: a word limit or something.
If you put a word limit on it you will end up with people adding gibberish to the end just to get to the word limit. People who are after something serious and on going will take the time to write a decent add, people who are just after a quick thrill will not.
That said, there is no need to deny the people that are looking for a quick thrill, which is what probably 90% of the people posting adds are looking for.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #33
LadyCeleste

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave1987 View Post
If you put a word limit on it you will end up with people adding gibberish to the end just to get to the word limit. People who are after something serious and on going will take the time to write a decent add, people who are just after a quick thrill will not.
That said, there is no need to deny the people that are looking for a quick thrill, which is what probably 90% of the people posting adds are looking for.
Not necessarily. But thanks for trying anyway.
I DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN TORD. I AM NOT HERE FOR THAT. DO NOT ASK.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #34
wsedrf69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsong View Post
Isn't it better to leave the lame ads made by lame people, lame?

Otherwise, you dress 'em up and make them sound nice and so some awesome person starts talking to them just to figure out they are lame.

If the ad is just lame, then awesome people don't bother with them.

Saves time.
Sadly it's very hard to tell the lame ads from the not-lame ads based solely on the title. I don't think there's a quick fix for that however. Word-count is a pretty fast/easy to filter ads, though it's a crude one.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:45 AM   #35
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCeleste View Post
Not necessarily. But thanks for trying anyway.
easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsedrf69 View Post
Sadly it's very hard to tell the lame ads from the not-lame ads based solely on the title. I don't think there's a quick fix for that however. Word-count is a pretty fast/easy to filter ads, though it's a crude one.
easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy
Fast and easy way to beat the word count. How many words are in my post that I've written?
easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy
Spoiler:
19? Wrong, but thanks for trying anyway. Highlight my entire post, there are 131
Old 08-22-2011, 03:10 AM   #36
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave1987 View Post
Fast and easy way to beat the word count. How many words are in my post that I've written?
Spoiler:
19? Wrong, but thanks for trying anyway. Highlight my entire post, there are 131
There are more civilised ways of putting your point across than this, a minimum word may not be the best solution but why not try and think of other possible solutions rather than slating existing suggestions.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 08-22-2011, 03:14 AM   #37
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Collared_Slave Send a message via Yahoo to Collared_Slave

Well, do people need to post adverts? Why not have a system where people can write about themselves, what they are looking for, and then other people can search through this system?
Old 08-22-2011, 04:12 AM   #38
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
There are more civilised ways of putting your point across than this, a minimum word may not be the best solution but why not try and think of other possible solutions rather than slating existing suggestions.
I pointed a problem out and was told it wouldn't neccesarily be a problem, so to expand on it I demonstrated it, by exposing a fairly obvious cheat.(Little bit childish with some of it, but oh well!)

There is already a solution, as someone pointed out, the top ads section exists, maybe the thing to do would be have a suggest button or even use the report button to nominate posts to be moved into the top ad section, this would remove the problem of mods not having time to go through every post.
This site isn't heavily set up towards pairing masters/doms/slaves/submissives, as I've said before most of the people that post in there are after a bit of fun and are not heavily into the life. There is no reason to stop those people posting by putting word limits or a stringent fixed format.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:22 AM   #39
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by daremaster 1 View Post
I hope leopord sees this.
Dude, I totally see this.

First of all, the fact that someone disagrees with your idea is not justification for telling them to stop posting in a suggestion thread. I'm glad people stuck to pretending to be nice and mannered, but I really do see why several of the newer members come complaining that they are being bullied by older members. So all of you can just play nicely. There was absolutely nothing wrong with some of the countering points in this thread. People lie. All the time.

Tags do not change anything other than make surface judgements continue on, because if you had something really worthwhile to add to your ad, it would be in the content already, and words mean different things to everyone.

There is no law that states that submissives and slaves are distinct different things, or that they mean the same things to different people. They're just words. Everyone is looking for something different.

You don't just post an ad or look at an ad and click it and voila, have someone to play with. Finding a play partner takes as much work as any other sort of relationship should, which means a lot of communication. If you're not willing to make that sort of effort, then don't expect to find what you want. An ad is a starting point, nothing more. Everyone lies in all parts of life, everyone puts on shiny faces on the front.

Also, if you're searching for specific key words, there is a search function on the top menu of the site - this will grab words used in posts as well as titles. The current ad titles are a guideline, not to be taken strictly literally. Again, an ad is only a starting point declaring interest.

Now play nicely and let everyone have their say.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:22 AM   #40
Aivey
getDare Sweetheart

I think that slave1987 has a point, and I don't see why s/he's being rudely put down for it, each person has their way of expressing themselves, and I don't really see how s/he's being rude.

I personally agree with sweets and think that the lame ones should be just kept lame and that uniforming all the ads would make it harder for a legit one stand out. Plus, if we actually had this system of who was more experienced and not, wouldn't the less experienced people be pushed aside?

I think that a good dom isn't determined by how experienced or smart they are, but their chemistry with the sub. People who make quick-fix ads are easily rooted out with their shitty ad skills, and I don't see why that's a bad thing.

My Fetlife
Ask Me Anything
Old 08-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #41
Invisible
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to Invisible

Leopard, whilst I accept that people do lie, generally most people are honest most of the time (just maybe not on GD). So I do not accept the “everyone lies in all parts of life” and my experience is that is simply not true.

But I agree that it is the content of the add that should determine whether a reader looks further or simply ignores the add. Therefore, I believe that there should be a requirement for there to be a minimum amount of content through the use of a form and required fields. I know that people can still be dishonest but at least it would ensure a base level of information and may turn off some of the fakes. And it would provide this base information in a consistent format.

I think if there are generally accepted definitions for “submissive” and “slave” then GD ought to be aligned to these. Anything less makes a bit if a mockery of having this section on the site.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #42
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
Leopard, whilst I accept that people do lie, generally most people are honest most of the time (just maybe not on GD). So I do not accept the “everyone lies in all parts of life” and my experience is that is simply not true.

But I agree that it is the content of the add that should determine whether a reader looks further or simply ignores the add. Therefore, I believe that there should be a requirement for there to be a minimum amount of content through the use of a form and required fields. I know that people can still be dishonest but at least it would ensure a base level of information and may turn off some of the fakes. And it would provide this base information in a consistent format.

I think if there are generally accepted definitions for “submissive” and “slave” then GD ought to be aligned to these. Anything less makes a bit if a mockery of having this section on the site.
I said everyone lies in all parts of life. This means online, in marriages, in politics, at work, at home. This is true. Show me the part of life where people are 100% honest at all times. I didn't say everyone always lies.

And there is a reason bad ads are allowed on here. Because then you know which people not to bother with. If everyone was forced to write good ads those less discerning would wind up in all sorts of trouble.

A mockery of what, exactly? I know people who use "submissive", "slave" and all sorts of other terms for themselves interchangeably, who have successful, positive, and fun relationships with others. Are they wrong for not conforming to some made up standards? No.

Also, the section originated from the concept of "dare slaves" and "dare masters". Which is what many casual ads are still after. This is not a BDSM site.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #43
Invisible
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to Invisible

I don't need to show you anything - you said "People lie. All the time". Is there another interpretation of "all the time" - it means "always". Did you actually mean that people lie often or regularly or sometimes??

Well you might know what a good or bad add looks like but apparently many of the Mods get contacted by people who do not - which is how this thread started I believe.

And who knew where this section orginated from? - I'm not sure it is relevant to the 100's of new users per day. And why do you hand out BDSM advice?

Last edited by Invisible; 08-24-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #44
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Stop

You're just being silly now. Stop nitpicking phrases looking for meanings that aren't there. Enough foolishness for one thread.

This thread has already been answered - if you want to search for specific terms, you have been able to all along via the advanced search function on the website.
Closed Thread