Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:07 PM   #31
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsies11 View Post
not trying to sound mean but this would really be great for kinktalk
I plan on adding a similar search feature for the Kink Talk user profile system. It already collects most of this information on registration so it will be easy to sort through users.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:22 AM   #32
evilassassin00
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to evilassassin00 Send a message via Yahoo to evilassassin00
Default Database

First of all, good idea on the database! Bout time somebody put something like this together.

Next, since the last time I was on the database, more categories have been added ("humiliation" etc), and all my settings are gone. This is to be expected (as anyone who has worked with relational databases will know) when you shuffle around tables. But it would be good to let people know that this is just a beta or whatever, so they don't think their settings have disappeared for no reason.

Next, I don't know how difficult it would be, but I think it would be good to have two seperate lists of limits, one for your limits as a slave and one for your limits as a master. The master limits would be more like your interests as a master. For some people this wouldn't be an issue, but I personally am a switch, and my limits as a slave are different to what I would like people to do as my slave. It would also be good if these limits were loaded when you go to the page.

I noticed their is the ability to add limits, this might need to be moderated, or "custom limits" would only be applied to the person adding them.

It would also be good if you could say more specifically what you are looking for, ie if you are after slaves of any sex, but only female masters, etc. Or possibly put in ages that would are willing to accept for slave/master.

The way I see it, you almost need two copies of everything, one for as a slave and one for as a master.

The ability to allow people to see your email address would also be good (won't be needed so much once integrated with the rest of the site).

I've got lots of other ideas (related to usability and interface) but theres no real point bringing them up now. I studied database design at uni and have worked with databases professionally, so if you have any other questions or wanna bounce anything off me feel free to contact me (email is probably best [email protected]).

Looks like its shaping up to be something good though
Old 07-01-2008, 02:30 AM   #33
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Collared_Slave Send a message via Yahoo to Collared_Slave

i can make the system so that it will do two copies
custom limits are no problem to make.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:34 AM   #34
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Collared_Slave Send a message via Yahoo to Collared_Slave

Sorry- i got side tracked- but the system has some new graphics courtesy of 2eggsovereasy.
The logo is being remade to fit the layout.

Last edited by Collared_Slave; 07-01-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #35
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

Just a quick thing: if you enter an age above 38, it automatically sets your age to 38 - any reason?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #36
NakedEParty

You should at least give the table a background color of white to make it readable

try this

either inline

<table style="background:#fff;padding:10px 20px;">

or in the style sheet

div#main table {background:#fff;padding:10px 20px;}

Here are a bunch of css table designs you can choose from when you're ready.

http://icant.co.uk/csstablegallery/index.php

http://veerle.duoh.com/sandbox/csstu...v2/table2.html

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2006...ern-solutions/

Last edited by NakedEParty; 07-01-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:25 AM   #37
2EggsOverEasy

I was bouncing around the BDSM database and thought of a few suggestions...
  • Can the user preferences be populated with their current preferences? New limits should probably be set to dislike or limit automatically.
  • Should a preference for the gender or sexuality of the slave/master be an option in the user preferences?
  • Maybe when a user logs in, the system automatically matches their preferences to the list of available slaves/masters and shows them five or ten matches and the percentage that their limits match up....kind of like an auto-suggestion feature. There might need to to be more options for users to indicate not only what their limits are but what they're looking for in a slave/master as well...
BTW - great work on the site C_S! (You definitely deserve some public praise for all the time you've put in!)

+ :
humiliation, exhibitionism, toys and more, oh my!
- :
extreme pain, scat, illegal
? :
bondage, slavery, food

! :My judgement rules, unless you can convince me otherwise - now go be daring!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #38
asmooth

Send a message via AIM to asmooth

haha, i just registered and it says i'm 38... i'm actually only 18.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #39
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

that is due asmooth to you not entering a birthdate- so it uses a default- this is built in- i cannot change that which will at this year make you 38
Old 07-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #40
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

Due to problems with the system(mainly due to bad user input)- i am going to be upgrading it- i will try to back up as much of the system as i can but some data may be lost- if so please bear with me and just refill in the data.
I have taken out the ability to register.

Last edited by Collared_Slave; 07-03-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #41
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

The system will now allow registrations- i will be cleaning up the database of all of the entries that do not have the right infomation in them
Old 07-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #42
WhiteWingDemon

Great work.

However I did run into one problem, not a single female has registered ;__;
I knew it would tough fining females but not even one...

and how does one change there bio?
Old 07-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #43
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

there are some females now-
good question about the bio.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #44
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

You can now edit your bio - if you click on the icon that looks like a gear.
I am now going to be working on v3

Last edited by Collared_Slave; 07-03-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:02 AM   #45
evilassassin00
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to evilassassin00 Send a message via Yahoo to evilassassin00
Default Extra functionality

I think you need to have the ability to show/hide your email address/msn details etc, or is this something that people should be putting in their bio?

www.slaveregister.com has the ability to say who is who's slave, something like that would be nice, for people that are owned and want to show people they have a master. I've always wanted some place to keep track of who I have used as my slaves etc, as I always forget, so it would be nice if that could be integrated into this.
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk