Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 11-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #16
waffle_amazing

Default TorD story section

I think it would help the story section a lot if there was a sub-section for completed stories. Many times I have been looking for a good story befor bed, only to find out that the author had givin up on it months before. Most people here should know what I am talking about, it is really hard to find a good, finished story.
Thanks for listening!

EDIT: sorry, I just noticed the suggestions category.

Last edited by waffle_amazing; 11-09-2008 at 01:13 AM.
waffle_amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:00 AM   #17
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle_amazing View Post
EDIT: sorry, I just noticed the suggestions category.
No problem, I moved it there

Yes, I like this idea too I think it would be a nice way to reward those who have a completed story and give them more visibility as otherwise those stories end up sooner or later down the pages of the stories section.

Or if there's not a completed stories section perhaps the staff could edit the titles and add something like *COMPLETED* at the end
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #18
interesting
getDare Succubus

Location: Somewhere between here and there, in Quebec, Canada...

Both sound like a great idea to me.

I'd prefer a separate section, though - might help avoid some confusion. The stories would be moved there by moderators only once the story is over; it would not be open to creating new threads, just having those completed stories moved there.

You can visit my erotic stories website at:
interestinglifestories.weebly.com

This link can get you to all of my stories on this site as well:
Blog for my GD stories

interesting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #19
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Lightbulb This is a good idea

I agree. Sometimes stories just get left someplace after their done. It'd be nice to have some sort of archive.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #20
LilAngel
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by interesting View Post

I'd prefer a separate section, though - might help avoid some confusion. The stories would be moved there by moderators only once the story is over; it would not be open to creating new threads, just having those completed stories moved there.
Just like the trashcan.

I think it is a good idea, but there's the same problem with the dying away. Most likely the stories on Page 2 won't be read by new comers.

I think there should be an archive, just like the TorD one.

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
LilAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #21
Sum
getDare Devil

Thread merged into the already existing suggestion that was already at the top of the page in the suggestions zone.

Fire walk with me

I'm off to kinktalk. Bye all.
Sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #22
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by interesting View Post

Yes, the seperate section seems ideal to me too. The *COMPLETED* idea I got was more as a next best thing sort of idea in case there could not be such a section OR until there would be one. It would also be helpful for us if such a section was to be made to have an idea which stories to move there. But anyways, as for now, I would have no objection if someone has a completed story and they ask to have the title edited so other users know it's completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_black_angel View Post
I think it is a good idea, but there's the same problem with the dying away.
Yes, I see your point here. But I think it would take a bit of time before the section would have a lot of threads as, unfortunately, the big majority of stories in the current stories section aren't completed. So a completed section would still allow a bit more visibility to those threads.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #23
x.Emma.x

Send a message via MSN to x.Emma.x

Great Idea. Just a new Category that completed stories get moved into would do fine! Hope this happens! And a separate section for Fiction and Non Fiction would be good also!

18/F mistress from England!
Xx

Looking to mistress any guys or girls that are together. So I'd dare two guys, two girls, or one guy and one girl. If there's two of you and you're interested, let me know! I'd LUVV to mistress you!
x.Emma.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #24
halomaster117
Account Banned

love the idea! I think that it should not be moved there though, I think the owner of the story gets to post it again in there, and the original topic would just be deleated.

[/sollipsism]

halomaster117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #25
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by halomaster117 View Post
love the idea! I think that it should not be moved there though, I think the owner of the story gets to post it again in there, and the original topic would just be deleated.
The thing is that we don't delete threads unless there's a really good reason for it. But I don't see what difference it would make to move a thread there instead of having the OP copying it back there and having to delete the old one... Plus the replies from other users would get lost that way too.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #26
interesting
getDare Succubus

Location: Somewhere between here and there, in Quebec, Canada...

I tend to agree with moving the threads (since it was my opinion in the first place); there's no need to keep the posts in two separate sections, once the story is over, and there's a very clear way to know, called 'THE END'.

I think most everyone agrees that a stories archive is a good idea. The question is just on how to set it up.

My recommendation : a thread where completed stories can be transferred but where no one can create new threads (although they might be able to post comments on existing threads). We can set it up as part of the ToD stories section.

That is all.

You can visit my erotic stories website at:
interestinglifestories.weebly.com

This link can get you to all of my stories on this site as well:
Blog for my GD stories

interesting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #27
halomaster117
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty_chloe View Post
The thing is that we don't delete threads unless there's a really good reason for it. But I don't see what difference it would make to move a thread there instead of having the OP copying it back there and having to delete the old one... Plus the replies from other users would get lost that way too.
that's the point. it would all be together. Make it so you cannot reply, but you can post new threads

[/sollipsism]

halomaster117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #28
depp
SysOp

All good suggestions. A story section based on these ideas is going to be merged into the upcoming big update.