Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loke View Post
But you two still didn't give valid reasons why you don't think this will be good.
Due to time zone differences I think a community wide getdare tournament would be impractical to organise and unpopular as either way some people will have to be up at obnoxious time to participate (don't quite know what starcraft actually is so this may not be the case) It just seems like with all things like this it will still have limited accessibility due to mass time zone differences.

It may also have to be more complex than one contest. People who were not that good at it would be reluctant to participate if they felt that others are far better than them or they will look silly for not being as competent. Meaning again it may quickly lose popularity.

I am sure I could think of more but working out what I want to do in terms of university is more important. In short I feel it has a relative shelf life.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 06-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #17
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post

Due to time zone differences I think a community wide getdare tournament would be impractical to organise and unpopular as either way some people will have to be up at obnoxious time to participate (don't quite know what starcraft actually is so this may not be the case) It just seems like with all things like this it will still have limited accessibility due to mass time zone differences.

It may also have to be more complex than one contest. People who were not that good at it would be reluctant to participate if they felt that others are far better than them or they will look silly for not being as competent. Meaning again it may quickly lose popularity.

I am sure I could think of more but working out what I want to do in terms of university is more important. In short I feel it has a relative shelf life.
Thanks for posting a serious post in this thread! It'll make Loke happy

(My post, however, is on page 1 at the bottom.)
Old 06-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #18
loke
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

Nah. I merely posted a picture of relevance, to indicate how stupid this thread is. Same as posting a facepalm, which was gunna come second.

I had something to say, I've said it.

And go on then... how the fuck is Starcraft getDare-related?

(Oh, and according to http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=5715 it appears you were banned from the Starcraft forums for trolling. Surprise?)
SC2 is not but the league will be. Getdare's name will be in it, They will be the owner of it. it can be a part of getdare. Therefore, it is gd related. it will be housed on gd or on an external site just like the podcasts with the gd logo. Therefore, it s gd related.

I like to humiliate noteworthy!
You all can too, feel free!

Ok, so everyone knows, I been on getdare since October 24th 2008. This is just my new account, thats all. I was lokelake, changed it to loke. So I guess you could say I am still using my same name, just the shortened version of it.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #19
dragonator
getDare Devil

Quote:
WoW might, not sure about that.
it does. i used to make a living being a proffessional wow player

i must do any dare that i get as long as this is a part of my signiture
I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #20
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
SC2 is not but the league will be. Getdare's name will be in it, They will be the owner of it. it can be a part of getdare. Therefore, it is gd related. it will be housed on gd or on an external site just like the podcasts with the gd logo. Therefore, it s gd related.

That's like me suggesting getDare host a subform specifically for Doctor Who because it's a pretty big thing. But, no. Because it's nothing to do with getDare and there's a forum for it elsewhere. The only difference, I can see, really is that I'm not actually banned from my fandom's forum for trolling
Old 06-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #21
loke
Account Banned

Quote:

It will just be for the pros because most of us do not have SC2 and I doubt many will have the time and money to play it.

Ok, so everyone knows, I been on getdare since October 24th 2008. This is just my new account, thats all. I was lokelake, changed it to loke. So I guess you could say I am still using my same name, just the shortened version of it.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #22
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
It will just be for the pros because most of us do not have SC2 and I doubt many will have the time and money to play it.
What, about three people maybe?

There's a Starcraft forum for this kinda thing. Maybe you should've been occupied on keeping your account there.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #23
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Just seen the stuff by doctor I also agree with this

"So? Minecraft is big. WoW is big. CoD is big. CSI on TV is big. Does that mean getDare should do EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD EVER?"

Just because its popular doesnt mean it has to be something endorsed by the site and followed by the site. Its adding elements that arent needed or helpful... or any good. This idea isnt awesome.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 06-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #24
Star Shadows
Prodigy

"So? Minecraft is big. WoW is big. CoD is big. CSI on TV is big. Does that mean getDare should do EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD EVER?"

Just because its popular doesnt mean it has to be something endorsed by the site and followed by the site. Its adding elements that arent needed or helpful... or any good. This idea isnt awesome.

Quote:
This will make it even less popular and more a waste of time- if noone will bother because its just for pro (ie 2 or 3 people) then why bother having it if people dont have the time or money to play? The logic seems flawed.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 06-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #25
loke
Account Banned

Quote:

SC and WoW is FAR more popular than minecraft and CoD.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #26
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Loke tried to take over getDare with religion, and then weather, and now Starcraft.

That said, I've changed my mind.

getDare should endorse every product ever created. Depp, we have a mission on our hands
Old 06-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #27
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
SC and WoW is FAR more popular than minecraft and CoD.
So?

Facepalming for eternity.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #28
loke
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Loke tried to take over getDare with religion, and then weather, and now Starcraft.

That said, I've changed my mind.

getDare should endorse every product ever created. Depp, we have a mission on our hands
Wrong with everything there. And SC will just be a neat add on. It will give you another choice on gd for when you log on. It will adddd to the site. Hence what this suggestion forum is here for. Give suggestions for gd.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #29
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

From the forum notes: "Suggestion Zone - An area to offer constructive criticism and point out problems to make getDare a better place for all."

How is having a getDare pro league for Starcraft going to benefit getDare?

Answer. You know it won't. You're just being extremely silly, trolling, and being unfunny (and selfish, though it's not gunna happen).

Come on Loke, we know you can do better than this!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #30
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Wrong with everything there. And SC will just be a neat add on. It will give you another choice on gd for when you log on.
A neat addition for you, yeah. Everybody else? No.

You're an idiot for pushing this. You know it's a stupid idea and you know it won't ever happen

Suggesting a subform for every TV show would technically 'add' to the site. Wouldn't improve it or anything, though. Bloody hell.
Closed Thread

Tags
stupid, trolling