Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 09-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #91
Jacneal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoe View Post
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve ...
Using that logic: They were from the Middle East, so God only likes people from the Middle East.
Also, they fucked up pretty bad didn't they?
Jacneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #92
Birdlocked

Hahahahah great post!!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:13 AM   #93
Puggsley

Boop, I dont think I saw this the first time it went around, but it makes me appreciate you even more!

Your Awesome, and it seems, the voice of reason!
Puggsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #94
ZombieLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
Well if we are judging relationships on what is natural. then you could make the argument that since, strict monogamy is extremely rare in nature. Most species of monkeys are naturally polygamous, the overwhelming majority of mammals are naturally polygamous. Almost all reptiles and amphibians and insects are naturally polygamous. Therefor one could make the argument that being monogamous is not natural and that polygamy is natural. I'm not saying polygamy is good. I just mean, natural does not always equal good, and unnatural does not always equal bad.
Limits: Eating poop/drinking pee/public
ZombieLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #95
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

You're not understanding my post, not at all. It is not serious.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #96
aliciabi
Distinguished Member

Great, now I have to go buy a Hummer to protect myself from the gays.

*looks at username*

Damn it! They got me already!
aliciabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #97
LazyFox

Lol, I loved the first post by Betty it was amazing. And as the debate go... i'm not touching it. Little point in arguing with people that base their judgment on belief and not critical thinking.
Few want to be wrong, but the difference between telling someone who thought critically about something is wrong and someone who based on belief is wrong is like night and day.
Someone who came to a conclusion by critical thinking has a desire to learn and understand where his conclusion came from. Telling them they're wrong and supplying sufficient argument they can change their minds or open up to things
Someone who basis their conclusion on beliefs are often instructed and raised on it and when they have questions are often supplied with simple answers they are told to follow and trust and the spend their lives with that faith, and quite frankly if you spent your life following something you were told was true and right and all of a sudden someone came along and said nope you wasted your life, would you readily accept them no matter the argument they gave? Nope, you'd close off your mind cover your ears and find people of similar faith to reassure you. You'll feel empowered as youre surrounded by like minded individuals and will remember back to that fella who challenged you and you will take your group to challenge them back with no argument other than shouting louder in numbers.
And that's why its pointless to challenge someone of strong faith, though it can be fun in the long run it is pointless.
Though to be fair and not just target the religious based, their are even people who base their "critical thinking" skills on faith on another who did the work for them.
You can ask people shouting for equality simply "why" and they'll give no answer but "because, they should!" which right as it may be if you're rallying for something you should know what you're rallying for and be able to explain beyond "just because" It is kind of funny how long it will take some people to come up with the simple answer of "Because they're people, human like you and me"

Though if you insist on wanting to argue and win the cause, it can't be won by trying to make them understand, you kind of have to use a dirty tactic to get them to step aside.
Tell anyone against gay marriage, that they are no better than a racist, arguing they are using the same misguided logic used to support Anti-miscegenation Laws, for those of you that don't know what that is, they were laws that banned interracial marriage. I.E. black couldn't marry white. And just go off on them on how they probably want segregation back too. Easy way to quell the annoying yells of "ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE!"
Though if you find yourself using this against someone who turns out to be racist, you're in a bit of a pickle and i'd suggest a simple face-palm (to yourself, no getting assault charges now) and walk away
Though in truth the arguments people use against gay marriage are borderline exactly the same as arguments against interracial marriage.

Lol got a little lost in my own thoughts.

In conclusion

People are people,
All we need is love
-starts singing-

21/m Dom looking for a sub. P.M if interested, or click here to view my ad.
LazyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #98
RussianRonaldo

Yeah guys, this is supposed to be a supportive community of people all daring each other to do crazy shit and asking each other stupid questions. Let's not bring silly little debates like gay marriage into the site. Who cares if I am for or against it? I am the same person to you all either way. Unless we are going to have a live-streming gay marriage hosted by the site, I say we stay off the topic.
RussianRonaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:30 AM   #99
formidible
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRonaldo View Post
Yeah guys, this is supposed to be a supportive community of people all daring each other to do crazy shit and asking each other stupid questions. Let's not bring silly little debates like gay marriage into the site. Who cares if I am for or against it? I am the same person to you all either way. Unless we are going to have a live-streming gay marriage hosted by the site, I say we stay off the topic.
Yeah right, ignorance is bliss.

Nothing wrong with thinking and giving your opinion respectfully..

Apply: http://www.jotform.com/form/2230649071
formidible is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk