Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 08-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Eye Big Brother 12 (UK)

When Bruv Takes Over

"Big Brother house, this is Brian Dowling! You are live on Five, swear if you bloody well want to!"

Big Brother UK was dropped by Channel 4 last year and it was given a 'funeral service' theme. This year, however, it's returning to Channel 5. Not the most popular channel ever, but BB should give it some status.

I realise Big Brother can be quite controversial and everyone has their opinions on it, so this thread welcomes them all. If you dislike the show, tell us why. If you love the show, tell us. If you fell out of love with it, tell us. What are your favourite series' and housemates? Most memorable moments? Your first series? Will you be giving it another shot this year?

Should make for an interesting thread. There are many details already revealed and too many for me to lump into one post, so I'll leave it there. All opinions and comments are welcome

Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Personally, I was a huge fan right up until the infamous 'race row' in the Celeb version after BB7. I joined BB fandom during Big Brother 4 (Big Brother Bore) and loved it ever since. After the race row incident, I started to hate it and I slowly gave up with the show. I still watched out of loyalty, but it was never quite the same. The twists and ideas were naff, Davina was starting to be extremely bias, the rules were ignored, producers went mad with the editing, people got fame-hungry and it went massively downhill.

That said, I'll be giving it another chance this year. I suspect it'll be the same as ever, but still.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
shynessincarnate
Distinguished Member

What is big brother exactly? The only time I've come across the term is in 1984. Is it a reality show?

Likes and stuff

My stories: Kristy's New School (completed), The Dungeon of Dark Desires (in progress)

By the way, did you know that you can now Ask Me (Almost) Anything?

Please read carefully before sending me a PM: I don't do pics or vids, I don't have kik, I am not looking for a Dom or sub, I don't want to play TorD and I don't wish to give you a punishment. If you ask any of these, I promise that I won't answer nicely.
shynessincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by shynessincarnate View Post
What is big brother exactly? The only time I've come across the term is in 1984. Is it a reality show?
Yer, it's a reality show. Basically put a group of people with no discernable talents who will do anything to appear on TV into a house together and then watch what they do. If it starts to get too boring in there supply them with alcohol and set them stupid tasks. And I'm sure that in one series they actually offered prize money if 2 people had sex in the house.
As you might be able to guess, I'm not much of a fan!
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave1987 View Post
Yer, it's a reality show. Basically put a group of people with no discernable talents who will do anything to appear on TV into a house together and then watch what they do. If it starts to get too boring in there supply them with alcohol and set them stupid tasks. And I'm sure that in one series they actually offered prize money if 2 people had sex in the house.
As you might be able to guess, I'm not much of a fan!
To be fair, it started out as a 'social experiment' and was groundbreaking for the first 2 or 3 series. But, yeah, I agree, it later just became a wacky freakshow for the most part. It's meant to be all about human and social interaction but, since BB5/6, it's just become fame-hungry wannabes.

The Celeb version serves to give Z-listers and forgotten 'celebs' a chance to get back into the limelight.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

To be fair, it started out as a 'social experiment' and was groundbreaking for the first 2 or 3 series. But, yeah, I agree, it later just became a wacky freakshow for the most part. It's meant to be all about human and social interaction but, since BB5/6, it's just become fame-hungry wannabes.

The Celeb version serves to give Z-listers and forgotten 'celebs' a chance to get back into the limelight.
Yer, I watched bits and pieces of the first couple of series but back then they just let it flow. Now it's too forced and artificial. Half the people in the 'celebrity' version are off reality shows anyway.
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
hornyj

Oh Doctor! How did I know you were going to make this thread!

I've never really liked BB at all and I more than likely won't be watching it on channel 5, one because it's BB, two because it's channel 5, and three because I believe Jedward are going to be in it!

I must say though that I did enjoy the series (not sure which one it was) with Mickey and Cat in. One moment that sticks in my mind so vividly from that is Mickey's "chick pea! Chick pea!" thing, was hilarious! Also I enjoyed Vern on the celeb version on his mobility scooter crashing into the diary room door! Moments like that I find funny but all in all the show, as said before, is just a load of wannabe stars or failing stars looking for attention and I'm sure it'll stay that way!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

I have seen a few bits in the past (on/off) used to like the twists the program could produce.

However over time the twists have become more predictable, and often revealed before they are even neccessary (to increase telephone votes)

Couldn't be bothered with the celebrity issues, or where they tried to put people in of totally opposite backgrounds. Was more fun with a little B*tching and people falling in love, rather than everyone having an arguement 24/7.

Just my views.

May watch some of it On/Off, but not planning to go out of my way.

Love Rachie
x x x x

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
big brother, channel 5, controversial, reality, return