Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
daredare1

Default your zombie plan

how would you survive in a zombie invasion, i sorted mine out the other day.

me and about 7 of my mates will survive in our homes until my other friend comes to pick us up seperatly in his familys people carrier, we will then drive to the antique weapons shop in town and armed with blunt objects will raid the shop for all of its useful weaponary, then we will drive to our local tesco park the people carrier infront of the main door. we will then get out and clear tesco of zombies. after we have done this we will baracade the seconds door so we can escape if needs be, we will then survive on rations in tesco and use the radios inside to try and get in contact with the military and we will then wait until the military are able to pick us up and take us to a safe zone.

fool proof id say

dislikes: family, public, illegal, social, anal destruction

24/M/UK
daredare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
juggernaut_lloyd

Send a message via MSN to juggernaut_lloyd

i would stick treadmills around my house , then they wont be able to get past due to the fact the treadmill is at a higher speed then their pace
ok: risky, nude outdoor, school/college, piss, cum play
hates: poo , messy, wedgie,
looking for a mistress , so add me on skype:lloydeh123 , kik: lloydehtbh, snapchat: lloydeh

ASK ME ANYTHING <3
juggernaut_lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Dom6BDSM
getDare Sweetheart

But what if the military never comes ? What if they get infected by the zombies ?

What if you can't trust that somone will come and help you ?
Dom6BDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
ofthenorth
Account Banned

Send a message via AIM to ofthenorth

Not so fool proof. And I will point out your flaws, not to ridicule you but to aid a fellow survivor. I've been planning this for about six or seven years now, not just for a zombiepocalypse but for any kind of break down of societal bonds and government institutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredare1 View Post
me and about 7 of my mates will survive in our homes until my other friend comes to pick us up seperatly in his familys people carrier,
First of all, what is this people carrier? Truck? Car? Bus? RV? Gotta have some detail on that, certain vehicles won't be much help in a total epidemic. There will be mass chaos in the streets, bodies will be littered around, abandoned vehicles, debris from vandals, etc. A lifted truck (6in lift minimum), with four wheel drive, and preferably a crash bar on the front would be best. If it has a covered bed even better. Also make sure it's diesel, regular gasoline will be sucked dry in a matter of days. Diesel might be harder to come across but chances are only very few people will be using it.

Second problem with this part, you're reliant on another person, what happens if he turns into a zombie, his "people carrier" crashes, he gets some form of rescue and leaves, or he just takes off? You can NEVER put your entire plan in the hands of another in this situation. You can let people help but always be sure you can survive alone if needs be. In a mass survival situation, as messed up as it sounds, people are expendable. Not expendable in the sense that you should throw your friend to the zombies to save yourself, but expendable in the sense that you should be able to do anything that you need them for by yourself and they're simply helping you and you are helping them and you should be ready to shoot any of them in the head if they get bit, trust me, they'd thank you if their zombie brain had any sense of emotion left.

Quote:
we will then drive to the antique weapons shop in town and armed with blunt objects will raid the shop for all of its useful weaponary,
Now I'm guessing you're from England, as any American would just say they'd go to the gun store. In this sense you're kinda screwed. Best option though would be check the police station see if it's been abandoned yet. If it has try to break into their armory. You'll be a lot better off with a gun, especially a modern one. Now if that's not possible, you got the good choice of heading to a weapons shop, however, I'd suggest taking sharp objects not blunt. If you have none, take some kitchen knives and duct tape them to a bat or hockey stick or something. Make sure they're fully secure, not just a single wrap of tape, they'll be impacting heads so want to make sure they're not gonna fly off. Now make sure you get the longest objects you can, golf clubs, crowbars, baseball bats etc. You want to keep as much distance as you can between the zombies and yourself.

Quote:
then we will drive to our local tesco park the people carrier infront of the main door. we will then get out and clear tesco of zombies. after we have done this we will baracade the seconds door so we can escape if needs be, we will then survive on rations in tesco and use the radios inside to try and get in contact with the military and we will then wait until the military are able to pick us up and take us to a safe zone.
One of the biggest problems here. I'm guessing Tesco is a supermarket or something similar. That's gonna be bone dry of food by this point and probably (if you waited for your friends) already either filled with people or the food will be gone. Best shot is raid a restaurant. Few people will think about going to a restaurants cooler or something to get food. Make sure to only grab food that can be eaten raw though. Gas and electricity for ovens will most likely be off and cooking fires attract attention.

Finally, never barricade, you want to be mobile. Regardless of what type of zombies this is (28 Days Later rage virus, Romero's living dead, Resident Evil T-Virus, Walking Dead fast dead), they almost always seem to congregate on places with food. If one senses that there are people in a building to eat hordes will follow, they lack communication but posses basic instinct. So cornering yourself is a bad move. Even if you're barricaded something could go wrong and then you're screwed. Secondly, get out of the city, get to the countryside. You never want to stay near population. So holding up in a grocery store is a bad move. Get to the country and stay mobile.

Don't rely on the military, it may break down. Back to the first point I made, you never rely on anyone but yourself, only use them to help. Plus if the whole system breaks down much of the military might turn to what you see in movies like Diary of the Dead, corrupt mercenaries that travel around with the guns and hijack ordinary survivors.

Hopefully that helps you out.

----------------------------------------

As for my plan I live in Orlando, FL. As soon as the reports come in I plan to head straight to the coast. I'm going to assume that the infection is rage type virus, it's the most likely actual possibility of zombies that can happen. A mutated strain of rabies that can infect humans, strain is passed through bodily fluids and takes multiple days to show symptoms and about a week before it actually turns you. Most likely started in a metro area, someone caught it from a dog or something, sneezed on a subway, got on a plane and transferred it nationally or internationally, and within a week people are showing the signs and it's too late to do anything as it's transmitted before anyone can know they have it. Quarantine is futile and it infects every layer of society.

Now I will head straight to the coast, either in my own car before shit really hits the fan, or in my friends truck if he gets to my place before I'm gone (can't rely on people only use them if I can). The coast is about 45 min away, I'll make it in less because cops will be too busy to stop a speeder. There's a military base right off the highway I used to live on it. The civilian marina on the base is separated by just a brick wall about 7ft high. Easy to get in and will be the last thing they're actually protecting. I'll jack a house boat in the marina and head out into the intercoastal. I'll have let my friends know that's my plan and to meet me at the marina or on shore along the way north to pick them up but I'll leave without if I have to.

I'll take the intercoastal all the way to St. Augustine, but stop in Titusville and raid the M4 factory there and get myself some more guns. Me and my roommate both have a few ourselves and I keep a constant stock of ammunition but more is better.

Once in St. Aug, I'll anchor off shore of the Castillo de San Marcos, the old fort. Many of my friends know that I will be going there and it's my rendezvous point. They will all have 7 days from the minute I drop anchor to make it to there. While there I'll try to snag a few jetskis to tow behind, and if I have someone with me perhaps another house boat. The jetskis I'll use to make shore runs and quick getaways from when I have to loot for food and gas.

After 7 days are up I will begin heading north. Up around Maine and into Canada. From there it'll be a western trek into northern Ontario to a small town my family goes to to vacation. Population of about 1000 in the township, people are so scattered apart it's easy to hide out and survive. There's a lake we'll go to and make our base. We'll keep it simple and mobile if we have to but we'll generally settle in there. We'll scout the lake for a suitable island (there's plenty in the lake) and eventually move out to it.

For food we'll grow basics and hunt. We'll attempt to capture any animals rather than hunt and kill that way we can keep them alive for a week to be sure they show no symptoms of the infection before killing and eating. People that come along will be kept in quarantine in our mainland camp for 7 days as well for the same reasons. Once they are done in quarantine we'll keep them on mainland in camp for a few weeks to determine their trust-ability and then move them to the safer island.

Other logistics of course need to be worked out but that's the essential plan.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
ofthenorth
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut_lloyd View Post
i would stick treadmills around my house , then they wont be able to get past due to the fact the treadmill is at a higher speed then their pace
What happens when the power goes down?
Old 07-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
daredare1

new plan, steal a plane and fly to iceland, now that is foolproof, zombies cant maintain a constant body temperature and will therefore freeze in a cold environment. of the north you can stay with me, you sound like you know what you are doing in this kind of situation

dislikes: family, public, illegal, social, anal destruction

24/M/UK
daredare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
MattInPanties

Ever see Zombieland? Bill Murry dresses as a zombie and easily lives. I mean zombies are stupid and dont attack eachpther Wanna get food? No need to run or kill any zombies, you can just slowly walk through them.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
ofthenorth
Account Banned

Not flyin to Iceland sorry. I got my plan. Canada has the cool temperature as well.

Regarding zombieland, the premise would work in that situation but as I state in the first paragraph of my plan, the most likely cause of a real zombiepocalypse wouldn't be traditional slow moving walking dead. It would be 28 days later style rage virus, rabies being the most likely culprit, mad cow another potential. Another idea that has been proposed in the zombie paranoid circles is nanobots, some form of nano technology that's being developed all over the world as we speak if that turns into something sinister that could be bad and could cause a zombie type problem. So in either of these happenings, slowly moving through hordes and acting like them would not help. Also, they do eat each other in other movies, I think that's a major flaw in many of them unless there's something that remains in the zombie mind that triggers a sense of smell or something like that. And in many movies that doesn't work anyway. It's been tried and failed easily. Look at Shaun of the Dead, one simple wrong move and the zombies caught on to their plan.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
MattInPanties

Are you trying to tell me relying on a comedy movie was a bad idea... pffft.

If it ever happens ill probably log on here and steal your plan.

I have read ways of how this is possible, so I will seriously steal your plans
Old 07-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #10
ofthenorth
Account Banned

Haha, yeah, I was saying that. But at the same time, so far all zombie movies are purely fiction anyway, comedy or not. Preparing for zombies is the same prep for any other breakdown in society in my opinion. Global war, epidemics, economic breakdowns, etc. Headin to the woods is the best option for anything I think. But yeah, me and my friends will be up there, come join us. Just head north from Toronto. You'll find us eventually.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #11
Yiemona
Baby Member

Wink Always Prepared

I dont know about you guys but the perfect way to live through a Zombie invasion is to always have a full tank of gas, a loaded AR15 under your bed and a few Pistols in your night stand, along with a arsenal of bullets.

Ill have a supply of dried food that is supposed to taste like coconuts (which probably really tastes like dog food , packets of water, flashlights, First Aid Kit...and other types of survival gear in my Im screwed travel bag (that I use for Hikes).

When the time comes I will board up the windows in my house go to the roof and pick them off one by one until I run out of bullets and then Jump in my truck and go get more....That's my plan

Its not perfect but hopefully I dont have to worry about perfecting it any time soon...

Mistress Mona Me

"I am only interested in Dominating Females, Thank You"

Last edited by Yiemona; 07-26-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: forgot my age and info
Yiemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #12
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

in canada, next to an air base.... prefered to see if i can get in with them..
MasterPain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk