Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 09-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #1
sunshine1

Default Master and slave communication

I'm a sub who has had many masters, many of which have "ghosted" on me. That is to say that they suddenly stop replying and/or even looking at your messages.

I know that we all have lives. We get busy, have things come up, etc. I try to communicate with my master daily at the bare minimum and let him know if I am suddenly busy or going to be busy. Is it unfair of me to expect the same in return?

How long would you wait if your master/slave was not replying to you? I typically give them a message after a day saying they have 24 hours to send some sort of response, even a simple "hi." But I'm wondering if I am being too attached or too generous. So I'd like to hear others' opinions on how often you thing a master/slave should communicate, and when would you consider the relationship terminated if they don't reply?

Dislikes (will do but prefer not to): toilet control, writing lines, sleeping dares, sounding.

Interested in trying: pup-play, diapers, sissification

limits (WILL NOT DO): no sharing of media without permission, public (hidden public is fine), scat, blood, watersports
sunshine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to sunshine1 for this post:
Old 09-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
StrangeJohn

In general I would send a message and give some days (maybe 3, 4 or up to a week) as it may happen that the other person is busy, has connection problems or whatever.
It also depends on how long have you been talking with him, if you just met him or you have been talking for a week or more.
You can also check if he has been online since you last messaged him, if he has been online and haven't responded to you it's quite probable that he isn't interested and you shouldn't even expect a reply from him.

Looking for a female sub
StrangeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to StrangeJohn for this post:
Old 09-09-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
gamerdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeJohn View Post
In general I would send a message and give some days (maybe 3, 4 or up to a week) as it may happen that the other person is busy, has connection problems or whatever.
It also depends on how long have you been talking with him, if you just met him or you have been talking for a week or more.
You can also check if he has been online since you last messaged him, if he has been online and haven't responded to you it's quite probable that he isn't interested and you shouldn't even expect a reply from him.
This.

I've had subs actually end up in the hospital on day two of me knowing them, so I tend to give my subs a bit longer than 24 hours.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #4
sunshine1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeJohn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerdom View Post
This.

I've had subs actually end up in the hospital on day two of me knowing them, so I tend to give my subs a bit longer than 24 hours.
Thanks for both of your replies. Patience is not one of my strong points. I do check to see if they have been online or not. I have had more than one master from getdare ghost on me and the next day they post up a new "slave wanted" advertisement. That's part of why I came up with my 24 hour waiting and 24 hour "no-reply test" if you will.

Though now that you mention it, in an emergency, they wouldn't necessarily think to contact you. So perhaps I should give a little more leeway.

Dislikes (will do but prefer not to): toilet control, writing lines, sleeping dares, sounding.

Interested in trying: pup-play, diapers, sissification

limits (WILL NOT DO): no sharing of media without permission, public (hidden public is fine), scat, blood, watersports
sunshine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:21 PM   #5
Krakin
Account Banned

With a recent Dom that ghosted on me. After 3 days I sent a message informing that I have suspended my rules as I don't want to give that much power to someone who isn't going to talk to me. I then informed him if it reaches 7 days that I will start to look again. I have an idea of what might of happened but I don't know for sure.

Sometimes, people have stuff come up and have other priorities. That is okay, but it is okay that you would want to be kept in the loop. At minimum, told that it is going to be a couple of weeks before I get back to you... but this is true of every relationship. communication is key and should be from both sides.

-Alexis

My Name Is Alexis
2-Week Trial Period with Grand.Master691

Loves: Feminization, Cumplay, Edging

limits|PM dare list|My items
Krakin is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Krakin for this post:
Old 09-17-2017, 12:45 AM   #6
Grand.Master691

I've been thinking about all this a lot. And no one can make me believe that someone , whether dom or sub, could be that busy and not have 10 minutes of his precious life and text the other person involved. Even if you don't type fast, you can say a lot in 10 minutes. What this is about is a sheer negligence of you as a partner in a D/s relationship. If anyone keeps you waiting without a proper explanation, don't waste your time and move on.

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
communication, master, slave