Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 01-20-2017, 11:17 PM   #1
Jaro
The toe sucking anal slut

Default How about a vanilla 'truth' section?

I thought the original idea of the Truth section is to ask embarrassing/humiliating/kinky questions. In the spirit of Truth or Dare.

But there are also normal questions asked there. Like 'where are you from' or 'What is your favorite color'.

According to the 'rules' I think questions like these should actually be asked in the Lounge section but there's less exposure there.

Maybe a new 'Truth' section would be a good idea? A dedicated section just to ask non-truth questions? My suggestion would be to simply call this 'Questions'.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToys

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:58 AM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

The Truth section is for questions in the spirit of a Truth or Dare game. This can be anything really, as long as it ends with a question mark? The question doesn't have to be humiliating or embarrassing because kids play Truth or Dare as well, and the most embarrassing questions they ask would probably be "who do you have a crush on?", or "have you ever kissed someone?". Normal questions (as you define them) are asked as well during TorD games, but it's just less fun answering them for the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
Truth
Post anything “Truth” in Truth or Dare.
If you have questions for anyone on getDare, ask them here. People and you can answer any questions here, as long as you’re honest. No place for AMA threads.
I know you read them, but I just wanted to point out to the red coloured sentence.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 01-21-2017 at 08:20 AM. Reason: red lol
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #3
Jaro
The toe sucking anal slut

I know. It was just a suggestion. I know I, personally, would be happy with a split between the two variants.

But it's no big deal of course.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToys

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Jaro for this post:
Old 02-01-2017, 12:03 PM   #4
Lacram
Mystery Man

Quote:
The Truth section is for questions in the spirit of a Truth or Dare game. This can be anything really, as long as it ends with a question mark? The question doesn't have to be humiliating or embarrassing because kids play Truth or Dare as well, and the most embarrassing questions they ask would probably be "who do you have a crush on?", or "have you ever kissed someone?". Normal questions (as you define them) are asked as well during TorD games, but it's just less fun answering them for the players.

I know you read them, but I just wanted to point out to the red coloured sentence.
Isn't that contrary to what manbearpig's thread states?
Quote:
Truths must be questions that you would use in a game of Truth or Dare. They should reveal something secretive, embarrassing etc about the person answering them.

Asking "What is your favourite ice-cream flavour?" is not a Truth. Generally, any questions asking for simple opinions on things are not Truths. However, some, such as "What is your favourite sex position", may be.

Threads posted here that we do not consider to be Truths, but rather questions, will be moved to the Lounge.
Lacram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacram View Post
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Isn't that contrary to what manbearpig's thread states?
I still believe that my argument is valid because Truth or Dare can be played by any people, including children who ask questions such as "have you ever stolen anything?" (source: www.birthdaypartyideas4kids.com) Like ManBearPig says: "Truths must be questions that you would use in a game of Truth or Dare." I can hardly decide for someone else what kind of questions this person would use in TorD games.

But if you feel that certain questions don't belong in the Truth section but rather in the Lounge, as stated in ManBearPigs thread that's used as reference material here, then feel free to report the thread. Otherwise, they'll stay in the wrong section, which is the thing you want to prevent.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #6
Lacram
Mystery Man

Quote:
I still believe that my argument is valid because Truth or Dare can be played by any people, including children who ask questions such as "have you ever stolen anything?" (source: www.birthdaypartyideas4kids.com) Like ManBearPig says: "Truths must be questions that you would use in a game of Truth or Dare." I can hardly decide for someone else what kind of questions this person would use in TorD games.

But if you feel that certain questions don't belong in the Truth section but rather in the Lounge, as stated in ManBearPigs thread that's used as reference material here, then feel free to report the thread. Otherwise, they'll stay in the wrong section, which is the thing you want to prevent.
Yeah, but children don't play TorD with people that, according to their avatars, are naked, tied up, wearing latex/leather or have a gag in their mouth. Your argument only works if you ignore the fact that we are on a website that's all about fetishes and prohibits minors from registering. The Lounge section exists, why not use it the way it was intended to be used?

Then again, i don't mind that the TorD section is all mixed up. You may want to delete said thread, though.

Last edited by Lacram; 02-02-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Lacram is offline   Reply With Quote