Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 01-02-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
Triangle
The Bitch who cares......

Default Post Order

It seams that post order isn't the same depending on settings (hear me out before calling me stupid)

Newest 1st

Oldest 1st

You think the post number for a given post would be be same regardless of if you have setting set to "newest to oldest" or "oldest to newest" but clearly not ?!

BvG : 228 Wins & 12 Losses (including 3 by stupidity) & a few close draws

:D
Triangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Incorrect information.
Y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶.̶ ̶"̶P̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶"̶ ̶n̶u̶m̶b̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶.̶ ̶A̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶ ̶C̶h̶a̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶d̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶r̶d̶i̶n̶g̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶#̶1̶,̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶#̶1̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶l̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶u̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶u̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶i̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶.̶

̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶I̶D̶,̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶,̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶i̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶(̶i̶n̶d̶i̶v̶i̶d̶u̶a̶l̶)̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶q̶u̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶I̶D̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶o̶w̶.̶
Code:
www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=ID

www.getdare.com = website URL
bbs = getDare Forums
showthread = showing the post in the thread environment and not standalone
.php?p= = PHP code needed for function
ID = the ID of the post
I̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶:̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶D̶:̶ ̶2̶5̶9̶9̶4̶2̶7̶.̶

Not sure if you were looking for such an answer, but here it is anyway.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 01-03-2017 at 02:07 PM.
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #3
Triangle
The Bitch who cares......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
You're partly correct. "Post count" numbers are not bound to post made in the thread. After all, it's just a counting within the thread itself. Changing the order and the post count will adjust itself accordingly so the top post always starts with #1, counting until the last post. So when you have the setting on oldest first, it means that the top post is the #1 in the row of the oldest posts. The same applies to all other settings, thus the post order number is not binding.

The post ID, on the other hand, is binding to the (individual) post. If you want others to know which post you mean, you can just quote that post or you get the post ID and use the link below.
Code:
www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=ID

www.getdare.com = website URL
bbs = getDare Forums
showthread = showing the post in the thread environment and not standalone
.php?p= = PHP code needed for function
ID = the ID of the post
In the case of your post: link here, it has ID: 2599427.

Not sure if you were looking for such an answer, but here it is anyway.
From what I can tell post 1 is always the opening post, which should be followed by post 2, followed by post 3 - however as you can see in linked images the posts appear in a different arrangement.

Post order (from top of page to bottom)
Newest 1st
9=Master Daniel;2599426
8=Triangle;2599427
7=tomrad;2599419

Oldest 1st
7=Tomrad;2599419
8=Master Daniel;2599426
9=Triangle;2599427

It appears the error is with "newest 1st" view as post 2599427 looks like it happened before 2599426

BvG : 228 Wins & 12 Losses (including 3 by stupidity) & a few close draws

:D
Triangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:12 AM   #4
Salvat

I think the Query selects not the PostID but the time - Both posts are from 10:10 PM so if you don't compare the seconds they are on the same spot and therefore can get mixed up.