Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 06-14-2016, 01:35 AM   #1
Jaro
The toe sucking anal slut

Default Bumping your own thread?

What is the etiquette here on bumping your own thread?
I posted a few that didn't get any replies and it is one way to return them back to the top of the list to give them another chance so to speak.
But I'm thinking some might find this something cheap and not-done.
Either that, or I would like to remove said threads, but this is not possible.

Thank you for your reply. I'm new and still learning my way around here.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToys

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:01 AM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroface View Post
What is the etiquette here on bumping your own thread?
I'd say that you can bump your thread. I mean, it's not against the rules of this forum. Bumping twice or thrice over the time of a week would be fine. Bumping multiple times on the same day would not be fine. I usually don't bump my threads, but I don't ask for that many dares.

A simple trick would be to reply to someone else's reply to your thread. This isn't really bumping; it's just letting the person know you are active on your thread. The only question would be, when will you react after someone replied to your thread. Right away (being polite) or after half a day (bumping your thread more, less polite).

Quote:
Either that, or I would like to remove said threads, but this is not possible.
It's not possible to remove your threads. As for a normal post, it is possible to delete those when you are still able to edit the post. You cannot edit (or delete) your posts after a period of four days passed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I see you've made several threads asking for help in the past few days. I'd like to say that asking others is an easy way of knowing the answer. You'll learn more from the process of trial and error; trying to figure it out yourself. But, I don't mind answering all your questions, so feel free to ask them.

(somewhat controversial haha)

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:07 AM   #3
Jaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
It's not possible to remove your threads. As for a normal post, it is possible to delete those when you are still able to edit the post. You cannot edit (or delete) your posts after a period of four days passed.
But why can't we? Clearly it's a design choice, but do you know what is the reasoning behind this?

Quote:
You'll learn more from the process of trial and error; trying to figure it out yourself. But, I don't mind answering all your questions, so feel free to ask them.
Indeed, that is the best way to learn. Thank you for your swift and helpful reply.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToys

Old 06-14-2016, 02:16 AM   #4
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
But why can't we? Clearly it's a design choice, but do you know what is the reasoning behind this?
Not everyone is openly kinky. People who don't want to visit getDare any longer often want their accounts removed to destroy their traces of every being here. Therefore, the staff has decided that people cannot remove their traces, hence deleting their account, threads or posts. If this design were not put in place, there would be massive holes in way too many threads and the structure would be gone.

Say, a thread by PersonA has gotten very popular and gained thousands of posts. Then PersonA decided he doesn't want to have anything to do with getDare any more, so he decided to delete all his threads and posts. The popular thread would be deleted along with it's rich history of TorD dares, TorD questions and other things.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:23 AM   #5
Jaro

Quote:
Not everyone is openly kinky. People who don't want to visit getDare any longer often want their accounts removed to destroy their traces of every being here. Therefore, the staff has decided that people cannot remove their traces, hence deleting their account, threads or posts. If this design were not put in place, there would be massive holes in way too many threads and the structure would be gone.

Say, a thread by PersonA has gotten very popular and gained thousands of posts. Then PersonA decided he doesn't want to have anything to do with getDare any more, so he decided to delete all his threads and posts. The popular thread would be deleted along with it's rich history of TorD dares, TorD questions and other things.
Okay I guess that makes sense. However I think it should still be possible to remove empty threads because these are pretty much useless.
Oh well... shant worry about it I guess.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToys

Old 06-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #6
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
The act of bumping, even bumping old posts, is not against the rules if it adds something to the conversation. What is prohibited is bumping posts with no new substantial material.[*]When possible don't double post. Try and edit in additional information first.

TAKEN FROM getDare Posting Rules

Moderators often turn a blind eye with an occasional bump over time. However action may be taken.

Reason we don't allow bumping is because if everyone did it, ir would be a nightmare.

Reason we don't delete posts / threads. In past people were able to, and caused mischief, altering the flow of a thread. Missing post in middle that a conversation was refering too etc. also people would say things then cover there tracks by deleting. If you don't want the world to see what you type, don't type it.

This is listed in the privacy policy, thats everyone agreed to when signing up to gD.

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote