Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #1
heathcliff

Default Master/Slave ads query

Hi there. When posting a master/slave ad, why is there an "any age" option, when "18+" should cover that, considering it is a forum for over-18s. I think the site management should remove that option just to be clear.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

i think because it's a given that you should be 18 or over, since that's a site rule. the 'any age' is to say you don't mind any age that is over 18 since many people have a preferred age range...like 18-24 or 45-55.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #3
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

I never posted an advertisement myself, so I am wondering: is it possible to post two threads within 30 days time? I am not asking if it's allowed or not. I am asking if this is possible or not. Because it would be simple to let getDare keep track of when you started a thread for the last time in the Advertisement section, so it could remove the thread button for the next 30 days after posting a thread.

If this is not realized yet, it could be a tiny idea to improve getDare.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
Old 05-22-2015, 05:41 PM   #4
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola.fox View Post
i think because it's a given that you should be 18 or over, since that's a site rule. the 'any age' is to say you don't mind any age that is over 18 since many people have a preferred age range...like 18-24 or 45-55.
This response makes no sense if you read my original post. Why have "any age" AND "18+" as options if they mean the same thing? The 18-24 (etc.) age ranges are different options.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #5
heathcliff

Or sorry if I was unclear - there are currently BOTH options which sort of implies that "any age" literally means any age, while there is also an "18+" option. Go check for yourself.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:55 PM   #6
Red
Sona Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
I never posted an advertisement myself, so I am wondering: is it possible to post two threads within 30 days time? I am not asking if it's allowed or not. I am asking if this is possible or not. Because it would be simple to let getDare keep track of when you started a thread for the last time in the Advertisement section, so it could remove the thread button for the next 30 days after posting a thread.

If this is not realized yet, it could be a tiny idea to improve getDare.
No it's not possible, which is why you'll see people banned for making new ads on different accounts before the time is up. Also, please do not hijack other's threads with different questions.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:57 PM   #7
Red
Sona Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathcliff View Post
Hi there. When posting a master/slave ad, why is there an "any age" option, when "18+" should cover that, considering it is a forum for over-18s. I think the site management should remove that option just to be clear.
The site wasn't always 18+, it's just something that has been there since it was made. No real reason to remove the option, it's not doing any harm.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #8
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
The site wasn't always 18+, it's just something that has been there since it was made. No real reason to remove the option, it's not doing any harm.
To me it doesn't exactly support your 18+ policy for that forum. More than once I've contacted people who admit they're actually underage (I always ask again before any sexy chat). If you have '18+'as an option then 'any age' implies readers who may be underage. That's the reason to remove it.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:11 PM   #9
SweetTeen
getDare Addict

Quote:
To me it doesn't exactly support your 18+ policy for that forum. More than once I've contacted people who admit they're actually underage (I always ask again before any sexy chat). If you have '18+'as an option then 'any age' implies readers who may be underage. That's the reason to remove it.
There are a few underage users that are here legally and then there are those which are underage but not legally. If you talk to those people you should report them, please.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:15 PM   #10
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
You forget that there always has to be a blank (which is 'any age'). This is the blank because you must fill in that box or else you can't post the thread. What if someone doesn't want any of the choices (of age) listed, but want (for example) people of 40 years or younger. There is no option for that. And since you must fill in the age, it would be the best to choose 'any age' in my opinion. Then the ad poster can specify this 'any age' more so people know that the ad poster only want people of 40 years or younger.

Also, I think removing 'any age' doesn't stop the underaged people from posting an ad. They just write 18+ then.

—Hans Axgil—
Old 05-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #11
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
You forget that there always has to be a blank (which is 'any age'). This is the blank because you must fill in that box or else you can't post the thread. What if someone doesn't want any of the choices (of age) listed, but want (for example) people of 40 years or younger. There is no option for that. And since you must fill in the age, it would be the best to choose 'any age' in my opinion. Then the ad poster can specify this 'any age' more so people know that the ad poster only want people of 40 years or younger.

Also, I think removing 'any age' doesn't stop the underaged people from posting an ad. They just write 18+ then.
Assuming that "40 years or younger" means 18-40, then "18+" is still a slightly truer generic response than "any age", and should be the default.

No, it won't stop underage people necessarily, but it's more about the fact that you don't have to be signed in to view the forum, so any age can respond to ads if there is contact info there.

It's just my opinion, and it may seem like a small thing, but I don't see any reason why making "18+" the default isn't a small improvement to discouraging underage users (or worse, people who may be fishing for underage applicants).
Old 05-25-2015, 03:59 AM   #12
SweetTeen
getDare Addict

Quote:
Assuming that "40 years or younger" means 18-40, then "18+" is still a slightly truer generic response than "any age", and should be the default.

No, it won't stop underage people necessarily, but it's more about the fact that you don't have to be signed in to view the forum, so any age can respond to ads if there is contact info there.

It's just my opinion, and it may seem like a small thing, but I don't see any reason why making "18+" the default isn't a small improvement to discouraging underage users (or worse, people who may be fishing for underage applicants).
As I said there are some underage users here that are legal to stay here.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:39 AM   #13
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTeen View Post
To me, age doesn't really matter. So what if you are 16 or 17 years old. Someone who's 17 might be mentally 20 years old (= independent or something) when somebody of 20 years old might be metally 17 years old (= childish or naive or something).

Still, officially you are illigal on this website, but I think there should be a few exeptions. Of course you cannot check someone's mental age, so just keep saying that you must be at least 18 years old and hope that every one below 18 yeard old is mentally at least 18 years old.

Ps. I misunderstood what you said there. I know some underaged people are staying here legally, because they don't enter or post in 18+ sections. What I was talking about (what's written above) is people that say they are 18+ but actually aren't.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 05-25-2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:19 AM   #14
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTeen View Post
Could you explain this? I thought the slave/master ads section was 18+.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:22 AM   #15
SweetTeen
getDare Addict

Quote:
Could you explain this? I thought the slave/master ads section was 18+.

As Red already said, The site wasnt always 18+ so there have been people that signed up before that and they have been allowed to stay. Some of them are still not 18.