Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-17-2013, 03:24 AM   #1
bigboi692

Cool coming out

hey people
im a bi male and was wondering if anyone had any tips or help for me on coming out about being bi
bigboi692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #2
Alexis Rune
getDare Devil

I REALLY don't know. You might consider reading and/or posting on:
http://www.reddit.com/r/comingout
Old 07-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
MissMaria
Distinguished Member

I wold like to mirror the advice above, it is very sound advice, search LGBT advice on the internet if you know what issues with coming out other lesbians gays and bisexuals have experienced it will make it easier for you when you come out.

But also as a transgender bisexual, and I have come out to friends and family about both I will add my experience for you.

I was about 19 before I had desires for anyone of any gender, I was not really into either, but then I was extremely depressed it has only been 5 years but the whole time I have known I have been interested in both genders, leaning more towards women but there are some men..., it was only a year ago that I came out, I came out with the trans bomb shell first figuring after that, being bi would be a small hump. For the most part I have been openly accepted, but that is not to say it was a walk in the park.

The thing I found was that it is a lot for people to take in they see you in a whole new way and sometimes don't want to, this can lead them to the same confusions and feelings that you have been experiencing (at least some of them) and so like you they will need time to take in and process the information. it is always best to give them this time, you can not force them to understand and trying will only push them away.

I will be honest I have lost some friends since coming out and some of my family blanks me, but I would not go back if given the choice because it has opened my eyes to who are the people that are really there for me, I also have a lot more support to get the help that I need trough coming out so it is defiantly a road that holds more benefits than risk.

But the best advice I can give, find that one person that you are closest to, that you trust the most, and tell them first, they are the one that is most likely to not only be understanding but also help you come out to others in time as you feel ready, and will support you trough that time, it is a slow process and not one that you want to rush take your time and be open and honest and expect to be asked the same questions over and over, because people will want to understand and so will ask those questions, but defiantly search LGBT on the internet.

If you ever need help advice or just to talk feel free to PM me

Likes, Dislikes & Limits
PM Commands

Member of the unofficial getDare PM Dare Commission.
Help spread the word and the PM Dares! Join Today!
PM me a dare to find out how.

Last edited by MissMaria; 07-17-2013 at 07:06 AM.
MissMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
Fredrika

Hi bigboi692,

I confessed to my mother that I had feelings for girls too when I was as young as 15. It came natural because my family is open minded and I always known they'd love me no matter what and that was the primary reason why I decided to express myself. To be yourself is important and necessary in any part of your life but you should also pay attention to people that unfortunately don't happen to be as open minded as you are. You need to think whether you're going to lose your safety net with your parents, relatives and friends in your everyday life. You could introduce the topic little by little to see what's their reaction. Of course it's also important where do you live and how open is your local community, you can seek help and refuge over there, and gain new friends and experiences.
If you're bold, you could also apply another philosophy: "I'm bi, hate or love me, nobody will ever change me". It is up to you but is better to apply this when you're fully independent: to be yourself, at least to a certain degree, doesn't necessary mean to scream to the whole world your sexuality. The most important is that you don't renounce to be yourself.

With the hope this was useful,
Fredrika
Fredrika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
God_Of_Masters
getDare Sweetheart

Well no matter what advice you get, it'll all come down to what kind of person you are.

1 - OMG ! What'll other people thing about me / my parents.

--- live with it inside you for the rest of your life.

2 - OMG ! What'll my parents think about me.

--- I guess this is a leap of faith considering they love you and you love them. If your parents are open minded, just rip the band-aid or else take it one step at a time, slowly.

3 - OMG ! What'll my friends think about me.

--- If they change their behavior towards you in a -ve way, get new friends. Old ones don't deserve you.

4 - OMG ! What'll the rest of my family think.

--- Here, just ask yourself one Q. Are they worth being considered ?

So all in all, look for people who love you for who you are and not for what they think you are / can be.
"Many women who claim to care about 'inequality' are nonetheless champions when it comes to studiously ignoring the inequalities that favor themselves. What feminists refer to as the 'backlash' is not against women's gaining equality. It is against the fact that a lot of women are getting to have their cake and eat it too: equality when it's convenient, tradition when it's convenient."

~-Linney Uston

God_Of_Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
Dareholic
getDare Addict

Just be yourself and don't pay attention to what other may or may think about you.

RETIRED: THANKS getDare, I HAD FUN.

OH, JUST REMEMBER: "Life is not fun, unless you are having fun." - Dareholic

"Adam was but human - this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent." - Mark Twain
Yamask
Dareholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
bisexual, coming out, gay