Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

Matt's unique. He has elements of Tom and Troughton, but then Tennant has elements of Colin, Eccleston and Tom. You're never gunna have brand new Doctors. And that's sorta the point - they're all the exact same man. So Matt is the Eleventh Doctor, as well as the Tenth, the Ninth... he's the Doctor. They're all the Doctor.

I struggle to see Tennant as unique now because, as I said, in my eyes, he's an actor playing the Doctor. It's forced, his performance. Obviously his accent is forced too. Sometimes I see Tennant as trying too hard, whereas Matt is naturally eccentric and Doctor-like.

And the "Lonely God" title is something I have a problem with. Thanks RTD xD
Note: This is just a friendly debate and know way I'm taking a stab at you, man.

I do agree with you about the similarities with Tennant and the other Doctors, plus the same thing with Matt Smith.

I also believe that the Doctor should have similar qualities as past Doctors, since he is the same man. I just feel like Smith reminds me of Johnny Depp's characters. So it does not seem so new too me. I do think he has high potential and by series 6, I think he is going to raise the bar with the Doctor.

Also this might not be entirely Smith's fault, after all he is not writing the scripts. Moffat might be trying to bring the Doctor back to his roots. I don't mind at all, but I think there should be a mark that Matt Smith can only leave behind, hopefully more than just a Fez and Willy Wonka feel. Like Tennant's "Lonely God" Doctor, Pertwee's "Grumpy/Posh Kung Fu" Doctor or Eccleston's "Clint Eastwood" Doctor. In the defense of Smith he has a few more series to go to make me happy. Which I think he will do.

For some reason, Matt Smith is not my favorite Doctor yet. I like him but he is not on my top list of Doctor's yet.

I totally disagree with Tennant being forced. Tennant got me emotionally involved in the Doctor, just like I feel he might have been emotionally involved in his character. The Tenth Doctor was always in pain and in emotional agony. Think about it; all of the Tenth Doctor's series final had a tragedy in it. He never had a happy ending. So Tennant's performance required him too look like he was in pain and miserable. Even when he tried to put a smile on his face, you could still see the sadness in the man.

Oh wow... I just came to a realization. Is the reason why I don't like Matt Smith's Doctor because he is happy? I mean... I have always fought with depression and emotional problems, while always trying to put a smile on my face. So I can see how I can relate to the Tenth Doctor. As I was typing this out I think I just spooked myself.

Uhhh...

My Return and Regeneration!

This has been moved to my blog.

I have been away for a while and needed a fresh start. So read my update and Hello again!

LGBT Community Thread

Last edited by drvaleyard; 09-19-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Evil English Grammar and Spelling!
drvaleyard is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
doctor who, torchwood