Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Labour 10 17.24%
Conservative 11 18.97%
Liberal Democrats 29 50.00%
Other 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Default British General Election.

I'm Just curious as too whose everyones political views are.

Before someone decided to move this it is a truth as for some people it could be very embarrassing.

I'd go for Conservatives myself but i'm not to against the BNP even though you may say it is racist. "Racism- discrimination of a people or person because of there beliefs"If they believe in there polices why not be against what they are and just don't be purely against them.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
Jacques
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Harkness View Post
"Racism- discrimination of a people or person because of there beliefs"
Uh- I'm pretty sure racism is discrimination against people or a person because of their race... I mean the word racism itself is a bit of a clue

And did you mean to ask for political views, or who people are/ would vote for? The latter would make more sense in the context of your title...

The MERICALE of LIFF!!!

Betty Boop:
"The Man. The Myth. The Legend.
You're awesome."

Jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Default they are all tossers however...

Yea I currently, well have for a while, think that you can't really trust politicians as far as you can throw them, (bit bad when a lot you probably couldn't even lift) but for once I have an actual political view.

I think we need Labour out. No questions. although I do feel that Gordon Brown was unlucky, the expenses scandle and the recession that followed, have been brewing for a while, and it was unlucky it came out on his watch. That being said, there are many issues that were not handled well enough and a lot of things have been allowed to happen that shouldn't have. I also feel that the country would be far worse off if god forbid the BNP were to get into power. Blanket banning on immigration will not help anything other than a soar in illegal immigration.

Personally I think that UKIP and the green party could say whatever they wanted and still not get enough votes to make a difference. "We shall put all llamas on the mood and then drop a pink paint bomb on them." ... No votes despite how funny it may be to see.

Which I think really only leaves the Lib Dems and the Conservatives in contention in my views. And at the moment, though I havent heard much policy wise I would have to say the Lib Dems are winning it for me. But maybe that will all change when I get a look at the manifesto's of each party. And yet I can't vote...

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
Mysterious the 1st

It is a crying shame that there are people under 18 who want to vote and have a keen interest in voting yet cant, hopefully the age will be lowered in the next few years.

Personally I really, really dont want the conservatives in charge, they only care about big business and that is clearly shown with their attack on the national insurance increase.

Also I have a funny feeling that a huge amount of the tory policies wont come through, they say they'll be no cuts in nhs, schools etc yet also promise to cut taxes. I think if they get into power they'll say 'oh we cant do this because of the debt we inherited' and they already know this.

Currently I plan to vote Lib Dem as a number of their policies make sense and whilst I havnt got round to reading manifestos yet, it sounds like they have actually done the sums to budget their plans whereas the tories and labour are waffling.

As for the BNP why anybody votes for them I have no idea, they had to be forced by law to change their policy of white only membership, they want to ban all imigration from muslim countries as they call this dangerous, utter tripe. Their madness isn't limited to just abhorant racism they also plan to ban imports from china, do they know how much is built in china nowadays? Also do they know how powerful china is, personally they are not a country i'd want bad relations with.
Mysterious the 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
Stix
getDare Devil

LIB DEMS!!! WOO

although I'm still shocked that they're in the lead...EVEN ON GD!!! :O

GO LIB DEMS
Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
Crusher_63
getDare Sweetheart

Except for the expense scandal (some politicians will try to get away with anything they can), I thought the current government wasn't too bad.

Yes, unlucky with the economy going south.
Crusher_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
meagen

fuck the bnp... immigration keeps the countrying growing which is a good thing !!!
labour are a strong party and have done nothing wrong imho
meagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #8
Matt Uk
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post

I also feel that the country would be far worse off if god forbid the BNP were to get into power. Blanket banning on immigration will not help anything other than a soar in illegal immigration.
Just to say that BNP are NOT racist, and i do agree with them as i am ALL for people coming over and living, working, studying, whatever. However when people come over and try to change a country into THEIR culture and THEIR believes that is not right. They are guests of the Country, and as guests MUST respect the culture, rights and beliefs of the Country they are staying in.

And in response to Star Shadows, under Labour the amount of Illegal Immigration has sky rocketed anyway AND legal immigration has gone beyond a joke. A few million would have been good for the economy, however tens of millions has pretty much financially crippled us and has stopped us being able to afford ESSENTIAL government run projects and organisations such as the NHS! Moderation is always the key, however Labour have gone stupid because they were too scared of being called Racist.

Loves: Semi-Public, Masturbation, Little Pain

Hates: Permenant, Lot of Pain, Other Guy, Anal, Faeces, Urine

I Do NOT Do Webcam
Nor do I want a Master, and no I don't want a slave either

>>>>>>>Ask Me Anything<<<<<<<
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #9
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Uk View Post
Just to say that BNP are NOT racist, and i do agree with them as i am ALL for people coming over and living, working, studying, whatever. However when people come over and try to change a country into THEIR culture and THEIR believes that is not right. They are guests of the Country, and as guests MUST respect the culture, rights and beliefs of the Country they are staying in.

And in response to Star Shadows, under Labour the amount of Illegal Immigration has sky rocketed anyway AND legal immigration has gone beyond a joke. A few million would have been good for the economy, however tens of millions has pretty much financially crippled us and has stopped us being able to afford ESSENTIAL government run projects and organisations such as the NHS! Moderation is always the key, however Labour have gone stupid because they were too scared of being called Racist.
Now that's a man not afraid to speak his mind or the truth.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #10
Pingu
Be afraid

The BNP are racist - (b) The British National Party stands for the preservation of the national and ethnic character of the British people and is wholly opposed to any form of racial integration between British and non-European peoples. It is therefore committed to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent, the overwhelmingly white make up of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948. - if that isn't racist then I'd like to know what is. Most of their senior leaders have convictions for inciting racial hatred, assault, violent disorder etc. Do you really want the country run by people like that?

In terms of immigration, please don't make up figures. I agree that illegal immigration is wrong and should be stopped but there are plenty of other parties who offer a stronger option compared to Labour.

To claim that 10s of millions of people have immigrated to the UK since Labour came to power is ludicrous, once again, please supply figures. It is well known fact amongst economists that immigration benefits the economy and in fact the latest figures in fact state that immigrants contribute more financially to society than indigenous people do. You say that immigrants have crippled the UK services but in reality, they are the ones who are keeping such services going. Go to a hospital or a GP and chances are your nurse or doctor will be an immigrant.

Whats crippled the country is economic mismanagement, insufficient regulation of the financial sector, an illegal war and couple of incompetent PMs not the scapegoat that is immigration that people love to put the blame on.

Last edited by Pingu; 04-25-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #11
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
The BNP are racist - (b) The British National Party stands for the preservation of the national and ethnic character of the British people and is wholly opposed to any form of racial integration between British and non-European peoples. It is therefore committed to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent, the overwhelmingly white make up of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948. - if that isn't racist then I'd like to know what is. Most of their senior leaders have convictions for inciting racial hatred, assault, violent disorder etc. Do you really want the country run by people like that?

In terms of immigration, please don't make up figures. I agree that illegal immigration is wrong and should be stopped but there are plenty of other parties who offer a stronger option compared to Labour.

To claim that 10s of millions of people have immigrated to the UK since Labour came to power is ludicrous, once again, please supply figures. It is well known fact amongst economists that immigration benefits the economy and in fact the latest figures in fact state that immigrants contribute more financially to society than indigenous people do. You say that immigrants have crippled the UK services but in reality, they are the ones who are keeping such services going. Go to a hospital or a GP and chances are your nurse or doctor will be an immigrant.

Whats crippled the country is economic mismanagement, insufficient regulation of the financial sector, an illegal war and couple of incompetent PMs not the scapegoat that is immigration that people love to put the blame on.
I am sorry but when you put down the Independent news paper i will listen to you. That quote for the BNPs structure is Equal to that as Labour are for the Working Class, yet there current new laws are not. You also didn't supply a source just a quote. It is a Universally known fact that The War in Iraq and Afghanistan Are nor Illegal or legal and since the war less money has been invested into our army. The economy going badly wrong was Labours fault for increasing and decreasing the interest rates in the bank of england which no one should do or it'll collapse. Also if BNP were in charge That wouldn't have happened cause they wouldn't have allowed so much international investment in something so unstable. In addition before anyone steps back and says we couldn't survive independently, even the most stubborn f men would agree we need Allies (Churchill and Stalin both knew this and they are the two most stubborn historical figures we know to have). I have nothing against BNP but they could do with stronger leadership and if the public would allow it without screaming blue murder there policies across more. clearly. Further more a ban on immigration into the country would be positive as it would encourage more people to go to university, it make more spaces available and with education comes advancement.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #12
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

I stayed up til half 3 last night watching the Eleckshun. I didn't think I'd be that interested but I felt compelled to watch it. I started out watching Channel 4's "Alternative Election". Then, after that finished, I flicked BBC1 on and just watched for a few hours. Weird. I sorta learnt how it all worked by myself as I caught on with what was happening. Just a bit weird really. I don't care much for politics and I'm not all that interested, but I was drawn into it. It's like when Jacko died. I stayed up til about 3am watching the live coverage of Michael Jackson's death, even though I wasn't a fan and didn't listen to his music.

And, sorry, but I have a brief mental image every time I hear or see "hung parliament".

Rawr
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #13
Mysterious the 1st

I stayed up till 2am watching it and have to say a few things
-I'm very surprised at the accuracy of the exit poll, well done to the people behind that
-The rules regarding voting times need to be changed, the people in charge did the right thing by stopping votes at 10pm as that is what the current law states must be done, however in future years it would surely make sense to change the rules so anyone in the queue by 10pm can vote.
-Hung parliament was always going to but this has been left very interestingly poised, with by far the more seats the tories have a lot to offer the lib dems however despite having less seats labour are willing to go much further regarding electoral reform and so that is surely a big pull, apparently the tories want an answer from the lib dems by sunday evening to protect the markets.
Mysterious the 1st is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk