Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 01-14-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
honeyness
getDare Sweetheart

Default Racism on getDare

I have recently noticed some casual racism on this site, which I think is completely out of order and hurtful to many people. I have seen quite a few examples of this that were pushing the limits in chat etc, but it was what i saw on SlutPuppy's advice thread that pushed it too far.

The person in question used the "N" word in reference to someone of black origin which is incredibly offensive to many people. The thing that struck me in this particular instance is that it was posted under the cover of anonymity, which means they slip under the radar (as I am sure they would have been banned if they posted under their username.) For all we know it could have been a distinguished member, or even a mod, or a new member, whoever it was I am not happy seeing that kind of language on this site.

It also has been deleted now, I was wondering what led to it being deleted?

If there is any way of finding out who this user is (and others that use racism in the future) i would strongly support them being removed from this site. That may seem a bit extreme to some, but to many a simple word can cause alot of pain. This is a community for everyone, noone should feel discriminated against.

19/Female/UK
I will not cam/dare/sub/dom you so don't ask!
But if you want a friendly chat or help on anything at all then drop me a PM

s/M advice Threads of note Ask me Anything
Honey is naturally occuring like other awesome shit like Tornados and Girls with spongy hymens
honeyness is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 10 users say Thank You to honeyness for this post:
Old 01-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

I agree.

The only time I'm not bothered about such language is if there's a moderated discussion about the word/phrase.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
rhode64
getDare Patriot

Send a message via AIM to rhode64 Send a message via MSN to rhode64 Send a message via Yahoo to rhode64
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyness View Post
I have recently noticed some casual racism on this site, which I think is completely out of order and hurtful to many people. I have seen quite a few examples of this that were pushing the limits in chat etc, but it was what i saw on SlutPuppy's advice thread that pushed it too far.

The person in question used the "N" word in reference to someone of black origin which is incredibly offensive to many people. The thing that struck me in this particular instance is that it was posted under the cover of anonymity, which means they slip under the radar (as I am sure they would have been banned if they posted under their username.) For all we know it could have been a distinguished member, or even a mod, or a new member, whoever it was I am not happy seeing that kind of language on this site.

It also has been deleted now, I was wondering what led to it being deleted?

If there is any way of finding out who this user is (and others that use racism in the future) i would strongly support them being removed from this site. That may seem a bit extreme to some, but to many a simple word can cause alot of pain. This is a community for everyone, noone should feel discriminated against.
There is no reason for hateful comments what so ever and agree with honeyness completely and I am glad she has brought this to the attention of all on here .Thankyou honeyness.
rhode64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
theone
getDare Succubus

I agree Honeyness. You have my support.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals
interpreted by your brain. Morpheus (The Matrix).

Will Try: Tea
Limits: Will not eat baby food.
theone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
ljfairy

My support too.... Not needed and definitely not ok.

Fairy
ljfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
DancingBear
Sister Sparrow

I'm definitely against racism but it was probably just some lame troll..
DancingBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #7
SlutPuppy
getDare Succubus

As the post has mentioned me/my thread, I feel like I should comment...

The person, yes did use a racist comment, and I do suppose it was my error to post the thing, even with the word bleeped out - I take the blame for that; I despise racism and wanted to publicly say something, I guess. But it has been taken care of, the post has been removed, and other action was taken place.

[Actually if a mod reads this, please trash my Advice thread; if none do I'll just PM one tomorrow, thank you.]

I also received another email, saying that the person who sent it was the person who had posted the remark in the first place, and that they were very sorry.

Now in regards to other racism on the site, it's absolutely disgusting. But the only thing we can really do, is to report it when we see it. It's not gonna go away overnight, but the more it's reported the more I think it can be stopped.

booty booty booty booty rockin' everywhere

Sex Map HERE

Likes/Dislikes/Limits

SlutPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
racism