Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 01-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
Cuffed
getDare Sweetheart

Default What age did you learn of/about BDSM?

I've been wondering this for a while now. Considering most people I know in person don't even know of BDSM - I guess they know of the kinky side of the bedroom... [insert whips and chains joke]. I honestly find it mind blowing considering how exposed to the s/m culture we are on this website and IRL knowing people who are 25 and have no idea what it is.
Disclaimer: Obviously it's due to upbringing, cultural differences, exposure to said subject etcetcetc INB4 FlameWar.
  • Did you know of BDSM before getdare?
  • What age did you learn of it? Did you take it up soon after or wait?
  • And for those of you who discuss these things with your friends who aren't on getdare, Do they know of BDSM?

My Answer;
I didn't know of bdsm before getdare, I got to know about it via other users playing. Thinking back to when I first joined I don't remember any bdsm related posts at all - I probably just skipped over them not having an interest.
Around 17, lets go for 17. So I was curious, it was starting to become a big part of this website so I thought I'd research somewhat. After hours of research... in video format... (LolJK I read stuff too) I realised that I'm not a weirdo and alot of my sexual inclinations are actually covered in bdsm. Yay mainstream!

No thoughts, only ✨ Depp ✨
Cuffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #2
meeacaroline
getDare Sweetheart

Location: That place where that thing happens next to that other place.

Yes, I knew about BDSM long before getDare.

I think I learned about it when I was 13 or so. It did not take me long to get into it. I was actually sort of a part of it before I knew what it was :/

I'm pretty sure all of my friends (for the most part) have at least heard of it. Yupyup. Although I know at least a couple are very mistaken as to what it is.

<3 Don't forget to be awesome.

internet married to G.J. as of 7:08:33 pm EST on May 31st 2011

Feel free to ask questions
meeacaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Did you know of BDSM before getdare?
No I had not. I was very much unaware of it.
What age did you learn of it? Did you take it up soon after or wait?
I learnt of it basically pretty much as soon as I joined about 16 year old. And, unfortunately got into it a few months later. I wish I'd waited though
And for those of you who discuss these things with your friends who aren't on getdare, Do they know of BDSM?
Na we dont tend to talk about it so I'm not sure if the are I'd imagine so though.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Pet Phoenix
Distinguished Member

Ohh yhesss XD haha I've known about it for agggees, I must have beeeen.. dunno.. 11? 12? 13? something like that. found out about it because my mum was into it, We've always been more like brother and sister than mother and son, everyone says so. We were all always very open and I was raised never doubting that I would be loved and accepted no matter what I chose to get up to. Mum never minded talking about things and enlightening me as to the workings of the world, I can't recall exactly what sparked my initial idea of it or whether I discovered a flogger of hers or something, can't remember, but upon asking she told me all about it and explained it. We've been comparing our sexual lives ever since X3 especially in more recent years of course, I mean where mine has taken off properly

As such I've always had quite a mature and comprehensive understanding of it all, she packed it in something like 2 or 3 years ago now and went vanilla and I inherited all of her stuff! XD Haha. That boosted my own, at the time, meagre collection somewhat.

well, see above. For a long time, being so young I didn't have any need for it. It was only revealed and explained to me so that I could understand the actions of my mum I guess. I guess the idea of getting tied up and helplessness and other basic submissive traits were always there and developed as they would in anyone else except I had discovered that people acted on them and much more a bit earlier than most people normally do. I had my own little collection of bondage toys by around age 15 or maybe 16 I suppose. It's grown ever since.

And for those of you who discuss these things with your friends who aren't on getdare, Do they know of BDSM?
welll I hang out in a lot of furry circles of course, so they are naturally slightly more deviant than your average lot. they all know pleanty about it even if they don't partake of it (which some do! ) friends through secondary school and stuff all knew about the idea of 'kinky sex' or something similar, I have a hard time believing that anyone over the age of 20 hasn't at least heard of it and EVERYONE I know over the age of 17 or 18 all know about BDSM to some degree.

extreme anal, pain, bondage, toys, enemas, mild cbt, non-consensual, humiliation, denial,
flagellation/spanking, crossdressing, nipple play, heavy cbt,
milking, watersports, urethral, chores, daipers, friends, public, wax/fire, e-stim
scat, worship, family
Pet Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

A loooong time before getDare

I learned about BDSM, kink, etc. around puberty. Not sure what age exactly, around 13 I guess. I was already kinky then, I just learned and realize that there was a name for it and that there were a lot more people into it than I thought.

Most people around me in RL (including family) are either kinky or kink-aware. I don't talk regularly about it with any of them though and I never share specific details with people that are not directly concerned.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
daremaster 1
getDare God

Years before before getDare

What age did you learn of it? Did you take it up soon after or wait? 13 and No

And for those of you who discuss these things with your friends who aren't on getdare, Do they know of BDSM? Most yes
daremaster 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
Dareholic
getDare Addict

Did you know of BDSM before getdare? A course I did.
What age did you learn of it? I got a T.V. in my room when I was 8, and one night I was watching HBO and they had some movie on that had alot BDSM scenes in it.
Did you take it up soon after or wait? I did not even think about it until I dated this one "Daddy's girl. I think I was 16. She was so nice and innocent in public; but boy watch out behind close doors!
And for those of you who discuss these things with your friends who aren't on getdare, Do they know of BDSM? Yes.

RETIRED: THANKS getDare, I HAD FUN.

OH, JUST REMEMBER: "Life is not fun, unless you are having fun." - Dareholic

"Adam was but human - this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent." - Mark Twain
Yamask
Dareholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:49 AM   #8
isi10

Thirty years for our wedding night when my Wife I was forced permanent chastity.
isi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #9
sorepeach

At around age 13 I became interested in BDSM after reading an SM manga called Nana to Kaoru. After then I started getting really into self-bondage, pain and humiliation and RPing. I've been kinky all my life I suppose but reading Nana to Kaoru gave me a name for it!
Feel free to send me a message, I'm always open to new and fun dares~ I like to try new things!
PM me "sleep" and a number between 1 and 10 and I will sleep with that number of pens inside my pussy that night.
Materials: clothespins, toothpaste, vibrator, duct tape, tight panties
sorepeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:14 AM   #10
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Not really, no. I know that well before I joined getDare almost five years ago (wow.) I was already interested in humiliation. getDare was sort of my introduction to the concept of BDSM.

Pretty much when I was thirteen. I haven't yet 'taken it up', in of that I've never had a BDSM relationship. However, I've done a lot of kinky/masochistic activities to myself in that timespan.

They do. A lot of them irritatingly call it S&M. I think that it has had a lot more media coverage lately, with Fifty Shades of Grey and all (even though that is one of the worst representatives of true BDSM life.) I haven't officially come out as kinky to most of them, though.
Officelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
tieguanyin

I heard bits and pieces when I came across Japanese cultures. I have no idea why people like it.
    I do not remember and, no, I never take it up.
  • And for those of you who discuss these things with your friends who aren't on getdare, Do they know of BDSM?
    I remember talking about this with some of my best friends. We do not have a clue why women would like to be beaten up or crawl on the floor. I would love to have someone explain to me here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like: semi-public
 Dislike: rude people, pain
 Limits: photos/video/cams, family, friends,
     blood, public, illegal, permanent,
     shaving, anal, penetration
     scat, messy, bestiality,
     strong pain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tieguanyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
This-Girl

Yes, I did know about it. Long before I joined GD
    I learned about it aout the age of 14 or 15 and didn't take it up until I was 17
    Some of them do, others don't, and some just plain don't care. I am however cautious on who I talk to about BDSM and my interest in it. Comes from being in a very... Religious community.

Dislikes/Won't do: Public, Permanent, Enemas, Family, friends, illegal, extreme pain, Urine/Scat. Webcam, videos, or pictures

Done something wrong? Want a punishment? Fill the form out: http://jotform.us/form/40570846841155

http://i46.tinypic.com/314dx0w.jpg
This-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk